talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bumbling Boris Johnson New Prime Minister

football forum

It should be Gove or Johnson. It'll probably be Johnson. Not because they'll be good for the country, they're two morons, bigger morons than May - shockingly, who are guaranteed to be a disaster as PM. But because a Brexit PM should be one of the leading campaigners of Brexit. Let them deliver on the promises they made us. When whoever is the next PM fails to deliver on those promises, hopefully that's the remaining political capital for the rest of their careers used up for the rest of our lives. 

He'll have the hard work done for him - as the EU's already been negotiated with and, as we can see they've got the vast majority of the leverage (as many of us were saying before the fucking referendum). That deal will never pass parliament. So he'll have two options, keep pushing for extensions as he figures out what the fuck to do... or have us crash out with no deal. And then once we've crashed out with No Deal, the first step will be... negotiating a trade deal with the EU xD - and that will go swimmingly, I'm sure.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Machado said:

Prime Minister Boris fucking Johnson - a very unpleasant, unprincipled little man...

Not that we needed more evidence after Trump, but really, any rich moron can "make it" in l̶i̶f̶e̶ capitalism.

There we go. 

On 18/06/2019 at 04:55, RandoEFC said:

It's really bizarre. Not a single person that I know actually supports Boris. Not at work, not amongst my mates, not on here, none of the Twitter accounts I follow, yet he somehow has the most support (yes I know it's not the public who votes on this contest but look at the polls). Every article or tweet I see is against Boris yet he has the most support.

Do you think Boris believes in a hard brexit or just believes in Boris bring the pm?

I see this pm role at this time as being like assuming responsibility at a nuclear power plant that shut down its safety department and drastically reduced maintenance spend five years ago and has coasted along ever since with a lot of people staying to jump ship.

Come in and be the fall guy.... 

On 17/06/2019 at 23:11, Dr. Gonzo said:

Raab is a turnip https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/06/17/brussels-nicknamed-dominic-raab-turnip-disastrous-spell-brexit/ & Javid will never be the Tory leader, even if he's the most competent and qualified, unfortunately.

I’ve met Javid as he’s the local mp for the constituency ajoing mine, he was doing a “meet & greet” to discuss inner city knife crime 6 miles south of the inner city in a fairly safe suburb absolutely surrounded by the fuzz and very stage managed. Automaton was my takeaway really. 

Rory Stewart is an absolute mess why are the media pushing him, Tories won’t back him he’s basically going to be the Tories Chuka 

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Do you think Boris believes in a hard brexit or just believes in Boris bring the pm?

I see this pm role at this time as being like assuming responsibility at a nuclear power plant that shut down its safety department and drastically reduced maintenance spend five years ago and has coasted along ever since with a lot of people staying to jump ship.

Come in and be the fall guy.... 

Read this next bit carefully and then read it again. Maybe one more time after that... I know it's not long and probably this but is a lot longer... But do it mate, I suggest EVERYONE does the same.

here goes...

In the lead-up to the 2016 Referendum before campaigning had started, Boris was undecided on which side to back. Should he back "Remain" or should he back "Leave". He decided he would publish his decision in his £270,000p/a side job as a columnist for that Brexit newspaper, The Telegraph.  He sent in two pieces.... ONE FOR REMAIN and ONE FOR LEAVE! He told The Telegraph that he would inform them on when it should be published. Why? Because he had to asses which would be better for him in his plight to be Prime Minister. That's all he's ever cared about... The 10 Downing Street position.

He isn't a Leaver and he isn't a Remainer... He is whatever it takes to be Prime Minister.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Read this next bit carefully and then read it again. Maybe one more time after that... I know it's not long and probably this but is a lot longer... But do it mate, I suggest EVERYONE does the same.

here goes...

In the lead-up to the 2016 Referendum before campaigning had started, Boris was undecided on which side to back. Should he back "Remain" or should he back "Leave". He decided he would publish his decision in his £270,000p/a side job as a columnist for that Brexit newspaper, The Telegraph.  He sent in two pieces.... ONE FOR REMAIN and ONE FOR LEAVE! He told The Telegraph that he would inform them on when it should be published. Why? Because he had to asses which would be better for him in his plight to be Prime Minister. That's all he's ever cared about... The 10 Downing Street position.

He isn't a Leaver and he isn't a Remainer... He is whatever it takes to be Prime Minister.

I definitely had a perspective that opportunism would be at the heart of it.

But a big motivating factor in being pm is the legacy of how you were remembered.... Surely being the guy who catches the bomb just before it explodes is something anyone would be looking to avoid?

I sincerely think that Boris has no real beliefs of any kind, except that by birthright he is entitled to be in the utmost position of power and leadership. 

Stewart does seem like an old-school paternalistic Conservative, almost a noblesse-oblige sort of ideology. Gove, Javed, and Hunt are just your typical sociopathic market liberals. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I definitely had a perspective that opportunism would be at the heart of it.

But a big motivating factor in being pm is the legacy of how you were remembered.... Surely being the guy who catches the bomb just before it explodes is something anyone would be looking to avoid?

It already has exploded and the lust for power trumps any logic based desire.

The Conservative party have always been a conduit for getting the sons of the wealthy a job, they have never had any principles. There's actually not much inherently conservative of about the Conservative party, their economics are far from it, they are a radical free market liberal party.

6 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I sincerely think that Boris has no real beliefs of any kind, except that by birthright he is entitled to be in the utmost position of power and leadership. 

Do you think if Boris had published a column to remain it could have shifted the result?

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Do you think if Boris had published a column to remain it could have shifted the result?

Not really tbh. I think he would have preferred for us not to leave the EU, and that his association with more old-school Brexity types who have emerged into prominence is slightly embarrassing for him, since he wants to be seen as modern and liberal. 

But he thought Remain was a sure thing and supported Brexit to push himself out there as a rabble-rouser and a leadership candidate as opposed to the blander figures like May, Hunt, etc. 

If he had supported Remain his voice would probably have just been another one of the several already there for Conservative Remain.

Having a go at Israel isn't the same as having a go at Jews. From what I've seen on that subject he hasn't specifically said anything negative about Jews (unless I've missed something).

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

He should be in prison!

I'm actually interested in knowing what you think was said that's worthy of time behind bars...

Even criticising certain aspects and beliefs of a religion, whatever the religion, is fair game and isn't bigoted (unless you suggest that anyone that follows that specific religion is automatically evil) so I have no idea how criticising a country becomes unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Having a go at Israel isn't the same as having a go at Jews. From what I've seen on that subject he hasn't specifically said anything negative about Jews (unless I've missed something).

I'm actually interested in knowing what you think was said that's worthy of time behind bars...

Even criticising certain aspects and beliefs of a religion, whatever the religion, is fair game and isn't bigoted (unless you suggest that anyone that follows that specific religion is automatically evil) so I have no idea how criticising a country becomes unacceptable. 

He’s an anti-semite. Islamophobes, anti-semites etc... should be behind bars. It should be treated in the same manner as racism and xenophobia.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

He’s an anti-semite. Islamophobes, anti-semites etc... should be behind bars. It should be treated in the same manner as racism and xenophobia.

He said something that's more anti-Israel than anti-Semitic, tbh. His comment on abused women was more appalling imho.

I don't know what he said exactly, but faith leaders shouldn't be invited on anyway. 

Islamophobia is as much a race issue as a religious one, and I'm sure you could have picked some other South Asian community figure without the weird baggage you're inevitably going to get with a religious leader. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Lol the problem is that criticism is often labelled at “islamophobia, or anti Semitic” because it’s easier to dismiss it as such rather than break down the argument. 

Then to suggest imprisionmemt because of having these options that are frequently mislabelled is the slippery slope to fascism. It’s not surprising though from you, the full on hissy fit post Brexit shows if you don’t like something you just give it a label and want them all locking up. 

If the Buddhists have it right and we are reincarnated I’m putting good money on being a pro Stalinist bureaucrat in a previous life. Your intelligent without  common sense, hence you can’t see the problem. Read animal farm*spoiler* you’re in napoleon’s gang. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He said something that's more anti-Israel than anti-Semitic, tbh. His comment on abused women was more appalling imho.

Have you seen his twitter account?

It’s full of all sorts. Tell me this... Why did he disable it before and enable it later?

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Have you seen his twitter account?

It’s full of all sorts. Tell me this... Why did he disable it before and enable it later?

I didn't see his twitter account, I think he's already disabled it again, I just saw what was quoted in the BBC article.

I also think it's a bit ridiculous how "anti-Semitism" is thrown around so casually with criticisms of Israel, even if Jewish people aren't mentioned. Never mind fact that Arabs are also Semitic people xD Meanwhile, we've had numerous high profile incidents where British politicians have come out and said incredibly Islamophobic shite, and they aren't given anywhere near the same amount of flak from the media. It's massively hypocritical how we've got different degrees on what sort of bigotry is socially acceptable.

Also, @Inverted, a religious leader shouldn't be invited to give their political views by the BBC (or any other media station) - Imams aren't the only Muslims in the UK, and chances are they're going to be a lot less secular than an ordinary Muslim bloke in the UK (being a religious leader and all). I don't give a fuck what a Vicar might think about who the next PM will be, I certainly don't give a fuck what an Imam might think. Religious leaders are not the best way to get a representation of what normal Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, etc... might think.

Also fuck religion generally, we don't need it anymore. It's 2019 not 1119. We don't need some made up bollocks telling us right from wrong or putting stupid fucking rules on our lives because that's just how God wants us to live (imagine a world without bacon and beer... devout Muslims have no idea what they're fucking missing).

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I also think it's a bit ridiculous how "anti-Semitism" is thrown around so casually with criticisms of Israel, even if Jewish people aren't mentioned. Never mind fact that Arabs are also Semitic people xD Meanwhile, we've had numerous high profile incidents where British politicians have come out and said incredibly Islamophobic shite, and they aren't given anywhere near the same amount of flak from the media. It's massively hypocritical how we've got different degrees on what sort of bigotry is socially acceptable.

Unfortunately these days, mentioning anything remotely classed as negative in general, even in a debate, automatically brands you 'a racist, bigot, Islamophobe, anti-semite' etc. 

Archived