The better place to talk football.

Bumbling Boris Johnson New Prime Minister

football forum

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Harry said:

You'd rather we had Shorten,?

Marginally. Unfortunately these days, Labor are basically liberal in red. Shorten has one thing going for him in my opinion: he’s not a religious nutjob who planned on cutting billions to public education and gift billions to private schools like the current goblin. 

I didn’t want Boris, quite disappointed with how it’s gone full “he’s our Trump” though, Boris has always been on the more progressive side of the Tory party tbh. 

You will get the same as with Trump, wanton shrieking and polarisation of an already fractured political landscape. Personally I’ll reserve judgement on his first 12 months. 

30 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I didn’t want Boris, quite disappointed with how it’s gone full “he’s our Trump” though, Boris has always been on the more progressive side of the Tory party tbh. 

You will get the same as with Trump, wanton shrieking and polarisation of an already fractured political landscape. Personally I’ll reserve judgement on his first 12 months. 

It was also said that Trump was closer to a democrat than a republican though. I think he's Trump-like in that his positions are flexible as fuck, because I don't think they have any real principles other than self promotion.

I don't think it'll go well, but I don't think Hunt would have been any better. And really I think all party leadership in the UK looks pretty shite - so I think whatever possible option for who could possibly be PM, we're going to be stuck with an inept moron.

The list of things he has said previously is absolutely staggering considering he is now PM, things that would not look out of place spoken by the likes of Steven Yaxley-Lennon or Kate Hopkins

I don’t know why there’s this “what will he do” question doing the rounds. 

he has next to no choice, they must leave by October the 31st with a new deal that’s not May’s deal or on a No Deal basis. The European elections have seen to that, they will split the Tory vote if they kick the can down the road and a split vote with the Brexit party opens the door to a LibDem/Labour coalition and they’re all Marxists and delusional remainacs so must be avoided at all costs. 

His best hope is the EU get cold feet and concede parts of the deal, I’d say it’s 50/50 tonight. Failing that it’s no deal exit and a game of chicken as to who comes to the table cap in hand first between the UK& EU to strike a deal probably back end of 2020 early 2021. 

My suspicion is we will weather the storm better than the EU so we get a better deal post a no deal scenario. 

49 minutes ago, Danny said:

The list of things he has said previously is absolutely staggering considering he is now PM, things that would not look out of place spoken by the likes of Steven Yaxley-Lennon or Kate Hopkins

Lol you are a virtue signaling snowflake, it is laughable. 

Absolute night and day between Hopkins and Johnson 

I see Corbyn is already considering an attempt to get in through the back door again. 

Screenshot_20190723_200100.jpg

He seems to forget that Gordon Brown never held an election when he succeeded Tony Blair. 

Also, nice to see Plaid Cymru being themselves as per usual, wanking on about false independence. 

Screenshot_20190723_200752.jpg

Even Sturgeon offered her congratulations and didn't go off on one. 

• Subscriber

Corbyn needs to look at himself as well. Most of the public are really not impressed with Boris becoming prime minister, yet Corbyn's approval ratings are even lower (around 25%).

Even with the frowned upon policies Corbyn believes in, and the amount of smear campaigning the papers have done about him being a racist and a terrorist, it's pretty shocking just from a PR perspective that he and the Labour party have conspired to have a lower approval rating than any Conservative leader after the past couple of years.

If Labour had seized the initiative and taken an opposing position to the Tories on Brexit months ago, they would be the ones enjoying the massive surge that has gone the way of the Liberal Democrats in recent months, and would hold a significant lead in opinion polls backed up by a comfortable majority in the European elections, even with such a polarising figure at the head of the party. Instead they've waited and dithered and still don't have a significant advantage over the most battered and bruised Conservative party we've probably seen.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

He seems to forget that Gordon Brown never held an election when he succeeded Tony Blair. 

Ironically, these were Johnson's words when Brown became PM xD

34 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I don’t know why there’s this “what will he do” question doing the rounds. 

he has next to no choice, they must leave by October the 31st with a new deal that’s not May’s deal or on a No Deal basis. The European elections have seen to that, they will split the Tory vote if they kick the can down the road and a split vote with the Brexit party opens the door to a LibDem/Labour coalition and they’re all Marxists and delusional remainacs so must be avoided at all costs. 

His best hope is the EU get cold feet and concede parts of the deal, I’d say it’s 50/50 tonight. Failing that it’s no deal exit and a game of chicken as to who comes to the table cap in hand first between the UK& EU to strike a deal probably back end of 2020 early 2021. 

My suspicion is we will weather the storm better than the EU so we get a better deal post a no deal scenario. 

Lol you are a virtue signaling snowflake, it is laughable. 

Absolute night and day between Hopkins and Johnson 

The picaninnies and watermelon smiles (more Hopkins than Yaxley-Lennon tbh), his belief that Africa should be run by colonial powers (aka white supremacy), his belief that British values need to rule the world again (aka colonialism aka white supremacy) the piece he allowed at the Spectator to be published stating black People have small brains and low IQ, calling Muslim women bank robbers and letterboxes (this is probably more your style of Islamophobia than anything which is probably why you’d be slow to condem him).

You genuinely get more annoyed at people pointing out racism/bigotry than it happening. 

23 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Corbyn needs to look at himself as well. Most of the public are really not impressed with Boris becoming prime minister, yet Corbyn's approval ratings are even lower (around 25%).

Even with the frowned upon policies Corbyn believes in, and the amount of smear campaigning the papers have done about him being a racist and a terrorist, it's pretty shocking just from a PR perspective that he and the Labour party have conspired to have a lower approval rating than any Conservative leader after the past couple of years.

If Labour had seized the initiative and taken an opposing position to the Tories on Brexit months ago, they would be the ones enjoying the massive surge that has gone the way of the Liberal Democrats in recent months, and would hold a significant lead in opinion polls backed up by a comfortable majority in the European elections, even with such a polarising figure at the head of the party. Instead they've waited and dithered and still don't have a significant advantage over the most battered and bruised Conservative party we've probably seen.

Corbyn is absolutely inept for not capitalising on Conservative infighting and Labour in general are idiots for not pushing him/the party to take a firm stance. The decision to sit on the fence re: Brexit and not take a firm stance, while that's what most voters care most about at this point in time is absolutely insane. You can't try to win both sides over on the hot button political issue in the country - what's going to get them votes is by taking an actual stance.

I think the state of the party is indication that Corbyn shouldn't be the Labour leader.

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

The public didn't vote for Boris.

The public didn’t vote for Gordon Brown either I seem to remember. That isn’t a problem for me as that is the legal protocol. My problem is that these are not normal times and a particular unbalanced stance on the most important moment in the UK’s history in peacetime shouldn’t have this situation pushed upon it.

Seeing as Theresa May stood down, in this particular and singular instance there should’ve been a General Election called even though it’s the last thing needed in reality and doesn’t fix much in all probability. All the same it’s what should’ve been done.

The problem was that in this particular moment the Tories are destroyed and they would’ve been disintegrated into nothingness.

It’s all been party politics from the Tories but then again it’s been that with Corbyn’s Labour Party throughout Brexit, at this most important time they’ve all played the game of thrones while the future of the British people and the future of younger generations hangs by a rancid, racist, far-right thread.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I didn't know he said that. xD

I still stand by what I mentioned though as it's just sheer hypocrisy. 

Indeed, Boris is the slimiest hypocritical and self serving piece of excrement to have ever held the office of Prime Minister of the UK. Not wrong there!

50 minutes ago, Eco said:

Couldn't believe the news when I read this...

Are you guys not paying attention to Trump? 

It was a conservative leadership election so only about 160,000 (ish, it's not an exact figure) people had a say in Hunt v. BoJo.

I think the problem is they've been paying attention to Trump and they see a man not seeing the consequences for any of his actions while pushing policy in support of the interests of the ultra-wealthy. And they're thinking "yeah, sign us up for that." Not sure that's the wisest move in a parliamentary system, where the PM has a great deal more accountability than the US President... but my guess is they've looked at the parallels between him, they see his Steve Bannon training, and they think "fuck it, let's try it."

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

.It’s all been party politics from the Tories but then again it’s been that with Corbyn’s Labour Party throughout Brexit, at this most important time they’ve all played the game of thrones while the future of the British people and the future of younger generations hangs by a rancid, racist, far-right thread.

I think Corbyn's Labour has done an utterly shite job playing party politics, tbh. He tried to have the party sit on the fence over the most polarising issue in British politics (maybe the most polarising issue in British politics ever), when making Brexit a partisan issue has been something that's seen the Lib Dems see big growth after a time where Lib Dems lost so many of the people who'd voted for them in previous elections. If he's playing the game of thrones, he's fucking dogshit at it.

• Administrator

What annoys me is that 160,000 people got to choose the leader that's going to represent the whole of the country. 

How backwards is that? I know it's the rules but it just seems counter-intuitive. 

54 minutes ago, Stan said:

What annoys me is that 160,000 people got to choose the leader that's going to represent the whole of the country. 

How backwards is that? I know it's the rules but it just seems counter-intuitive. 

I love when an election goes poorly and people start blaming the system. America did it too. 

Letting every individual vote for their favourite comes down to even more of a backward as fuck popularity contest than it already is, and also.... People are fucking Jim Broadbent. This is exactly how you get boatyMcboatface or fucking lord buckethead as the leader of your nation. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I love when an election goes poorly and people start blaming the system. America did it too

This wasn't even an election of the people though xD

It's an election of a very small minority in the grand scheme of things. 

Archived