talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar - FC Barcelona Refuse PSG's Valuation

On 31/07/2019 at 00:10, El Profesor said:

Chris, in my opinion, the Barcelona move came to early in Dembélé's career. 

Things came too easy for him. He's so talented but he never really faced hardship in his professional career. 

To thrive at Barça, a player needs really thick skin. The demands are on another level. 

At the same time, he is also unlucky to have Valverde as a coach. Valverde is just too conservative and he really values club hierarchy and experience.

I feel like Barcelona will never see the best version of Dembélé. 

Injuries have been the major problem though mate as you can't do anything when you aren't fit, then once you come back from injury it can take time to get back to your best, which isn't always possible when you are playing in such a talented squad.

The same was even the case for Umtiti last season, where he suffered a lengthy injury and then found it hard to break back into the team over Lenglet once he returned. But I wouldn't say Umtiti should now be sold as he's a cracking player and you won't find many better defenders to replace him with. For me, himself and Lenglet could potentially work very well together once Pique starts to take a back-seat, although that's for another thread.

I would say Dembele was signed a few years too early myself as he;d have been better staying at Dortmund for a while first, although I wouldn't write him off mate. It's all about him staying injury free as he was one of the best players in the team last season before injury. It would definitely be a shame to give up on him so easily and I believe he deserves another season to see how things develop.

I do think Valverde doesn't help also. He is too timid in his character and Dembele needs someone who is going to be more ruthless with him. He needs that type of guidance I think He would have been better under Pep or Luis Enrique.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kylian Mbappé

"I want Neymar to stay!"

Barça tried the same thing back when he eventually moved to PSG. His best pals at Barcelona, Messi, Suárez, Piqué and Alba all went public to no avail. Let's see what happens here...

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

lol Mbappé pushed Neymar out of the team picture. xD

I saw that as well but moments earlier saw him do this, so it's all a bit weird xD 

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

I saw that as well but moments earlier saw him do this, so it's all a bit weird xD 

I can give you a bit of background into the two incidents of you like and it’s not that weird.

Firstly we should ignore Kylian Mbappé’s public statement regarding him wanting Neymar to stay. That was a public stunt created by the club as it is well known that both Mbappé and Neymar aren’t the best of pals.

You can see in the video clip where Mbappé pushes Neymar out of the group celebrations that he isn’t joking. You don’t need to be a psychologist or professional reader of body language to work that one out.

On the Marco Verratti action of pulling Neymar into celebrate... Verratti as is well known had his massive public fallout with PSG two summers back when he made his feelings felt that he wanted to depart. He tried everything and failed. It goes further than this now because last week Verratti went public by stating that the club should let Neymar leave if that’s what he wants, totally contrary to the club’s official stance and what they’ve been pushing from all angles for the players to show publicly.

• Subscriber

What did Neymar expect after the summer he's just had? That everyone will be all smiles and welcoming after he not only shit-talked the club that pays his wages but indirectly stated that its players aren't ever going to mean much to him? What Mbappe did was stupid imo and totally unwarranted but in all honesty Neymar should be nowhere near those celebrations till everything is sorted. 

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

lol Mbappé pushed Neymar out of the team picture. xD

Anyone else shocked we didn't see a triple rollover somersault followed by Neymar clutching his face?

Let's see what news @El Profesor has from Brazil but I'll give you guys the latest coming from both France and Spain this morning, bonkers rumours that started to do the rounds yesterday...

The news now on the Neymar Saga is that according to sources in France and Spain is that both Paris Saint-Germain and FC Barcelona have finally been negotiating face to face and not through intermediaries as has been per usual over the past five to six years.

The new crazy episode is that Neymar could go to Barça in the shape of a loan deal straight away with a forced option to buy at €140m at the end of either next season or the following with Ivan Rakitić going to PSG to lighten the fee this season.

PSG have apparently tried absolutely everything they can to convince Neymar to stay but he is set in his decision to leave and apparently only the destination of Barcelona will do for him. They (PSG) even had Kylian Mbappé go public in a petition to stay a few days back which was apparently thrown in his face by Neymar and hence the reaction between both players while celebrating the acquisition of the Trophée des Champions against Rennes by 2-1.

This is the latest in this mental story.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The new crazy episode is that Neymar could go to Barça in the shape of a loan deal straight away with a forced option to buy at €140m at the end of either next season or the following with Ivan Rakitić going to PSG to lighten the fee this season.

PSG have gone mad here. A loan deal with option to buy is a stupid way to reward a player who has been nothing short of disrespectful all summer long. Granted they are getting a great player in Rakitic as part of the loan (if its true) but I can't see why they'd even entertain this kind of madness.

21 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

PSG have gone mad here. A loan deal with option to buy is a stupid way to reward a player who has been nothing short of disrespectful all summer long. Granted they are getting a great player in Rakitic as part of the loan (if its true) but I can't see why they'd even entertain this kind of madness.

I mean, PSG done the same deal to obtain Mbappé from Monaco although the young French player didn’t disrespect his former club in the same way Neymar has already done once and is doing again. 

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I mean, PSG done the same deal to obtain Mbappé from Monaco although the young French player didn’t disrespect his former club in the same way Neymar has already done once and is doing again. 

Fair play in that you get what you give out but I honestly can't see any other reason other than book balancing going on here. I personally hope they dont let him go and make him honor his contract for the rest of the season.

12 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Let's see what news @El Profesor has from Brazil but I'll give you guys the latest coming from both France and Spain this morning, bonkers rumours that started to do the rounds yesterday...

The news now on the Neymar Saga is that according to sources in France and Spain is that both Paris Saint-Germain and FC Barcelona have finally been negotiating face to face and not through intermediaries as has been per usual over the past five to six years.

PSG have apparently tried absolutely everything they can to convince Neymar to stay but he is set in his decision to leave and apparently only the destination of Barcelona will do for him. They (PSG) even had Kylian Mbappé go public in a petition to stay a few days back which was apparently thrown in his face by Neymar and hence the reaction between both players while celebrating the acquisition of the Trophée des Champions against Rennes by 2-1.

This is the latest in this mental story.

It´s pretty quiet here in Brazil regarding Neymar. 

Some brazilian journalists believe Neymar will have to stay at least one more in Paris before moving to another club. 

According to some sources Paris Saint-Germain have offered Neymar at a decent price (amount not quoted but apparently cheaper than what they’re prepared to sell him to Barcelona) to Manchester United.  But apparently Man Utd have discarded the opportunity as he doesn’t fit into what they’re looking to build on.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

According to some sources Paris Saint-Germain have offered Neymar at a decent price (amount not quoted but apparently cheaper than what they’re prepared to sell him to Barcelona) to Manchester United.  But apparently Man Utd have discarded the opportunity as he doesn’t fit into what they’re looking to build on.

Neymar is absolute scum, so hed probably fit in at Utd. Saying that, Barcelona is probably the best place for him. 

Seriously, if we ever signed that dick I'd stop watching us play. 

• The title was changed to Neymar - Real Madrid Begin Negotiations

Apparently Florentino Pérez has offered Neymar €200m in a 5 year deal. Nobody or no club will offer that to him or to anyone, not even Messi or Cristiano at 22. This is of course a rumour being banded about in Spain this morning.

• The title was changed to Neymar - FC Barcelona & PSG Reportedly Agree Fee
  • The topic was locked

Archived