talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things you're "supposed" to like (but you don't)

football forum

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

The Inbetweeners. Friends. Utter shite. 

The Inbetweeners is a bit of a hit and miss. It mostly tries to be funny through it's vulgarity. But it has his moments. Friends was brilliant though. Never re-watched it lately, so I don't know if my opinion on it has changed. 

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The Inbetweeners is a bit of a hit and miss. It mostly tries to be funny through it's vulgarity. But it has his moments. Friends was brilliant though. Never re-watched it lately, so I don't know if my opinion on it has changed. 

Loved Friends when it originally aired in the 90s. Tried to re-watch it a few years ago but just couldn't; pretty unwatchable if you eliminate the nostalgia factor xD 

Never liked Seinfeld. Never even watched The Inbetweeners.

Married...with Children was one of the best 90s sitcoms for me. Also Cheers. And Alf.

• Subscriber

Never watched the Inbetweeners but I think the wife has I've watched a couple of episodes of Friends but that's about it, I can't stand 'canned laughter' in comedy shows I would rather the show being filmed live with the audience there laughing and then being taped, it's more realistic to me.  

They don't make any good comedies nowadays and the last one they made Only Fools and Horses can never be beaten for me but there is always a possibility one will come along like OFAH, the best comedy shows over the years for me and the wife are...

• Only Fools and Horses
  • Faulty Towers
  • Rising Damp
  • Only When I Laugh
  • The Young Ones
  • Dads Army
  • Steptoe and Son

There might be a few more over the years but I can't remember them all. 

10 hours ago, nudge said:

Loved Friends when it originally aired in the 90s. Tried to re-watch it a few years ago but just couldn't; pretty unwatchable if you eliminate the nostalgia factor xD 

Never liked Seinfeld. Never even watched The Inbetweeners.

Married...with Children was one of the best 90s sitcoms for me. Also Cheers. And Alf.

Alf was glorious. 

11 hours ago, Tommy said:

The Inbetweeners is a bit of a hit and miss. It mostly tries to be funny through it's vulgarity. But it has his moments.

I think you’ve got to be British to totally get The Inbetweeners. It was literally me and my mates growing up in a secondary comprehensive school.

• Subscriber

I do like an insect spray for getting rid of bloody midgies flying around annoying you but...only if you use the spray properly, for the last hour or so while I was on this laptop a fucking midgie kept flying around and annoying me, so I headed in the kitchen and got the spray out to destroy the fucker...but...I lined the spray up to shoot and had the nozzle around the wrong way and squirted myself fully in the face instead!!

After numerous coughing spells and then going into the bathroom and wash my face, came back in here and the fucking midgie has disappeared :dam:   

Midgie 1-0 Dick Head.

zDQog_QCyEgxI2meZMcFjsG4SBSgIlgar9KM51ww

• 3 years later...
On 15/09/2019 at 13:28, nudge said:

A bit of Sunday randomness for a thread... Inspired by me noticing people posting in the Comedians thread - because I can't fucking stand stand-up comedy :7_sweat_smile: 

So what are some things that everyone except you seems to like? 

Sometimes there are things in life which are highly popular. But I find myself hating it and confused to why people like certain things. Do the majority just jump on bandwagons?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Sometimes there are things in life which are highly popular. But I find myself hating it and confused to why people like certain things. Do the majority just jump on bandwagons?

In the general sense, I would say so, yes. The mere exposure effect/familiarity plays a big role in something becoming a trend or a fad, and these days, technology and interconnectedness makes the distribution of ideas for the largest possible audience very easy... 

Baths. 

I don't have a bath tub at home. So last when I was on vacation some time ago, and had a bath tub in the place I was staying, I thought "Oh nice, I can take a bath". Well, I did, and I hated it. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Baths. 

I don't have a bath tub at home. So last when I was on vacation some time ago, and had a bath tub in the place I was staying, I thought "Oh nice, I can take a bath". Well, I did, and I hated it. 

Why did you hate it? xD 

I prefer showers, too, but a nice bath can be very relaxing every once in a while... Especially with a book and a drink. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Why did you hate it? xD 

I prefer showers, too, but a nice bath can be very relaxing every once in a while... Especially with a book and a drink. 

Well, I don't know. It's warm, and you you start sweating (maybe my water was too warm? 🤔), and then you're just there. Wobbling around in water without gravity, like a fucking seal or something. And a minute feels like eternity. At least in the shower you can move around and do stuff. In the bath you are just THERE. I don't know how to describe it. I think I'm too restless for a bath. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Well, I don't know. It's warm, and you you start sweating (maybe my water was too warm? 🤔), and then you're just there. Wobbling around in water without gravity, like a fucking seal or something. And a minute feels like eternity. At least in the shower you can move around and do stuff. In the bath you are just THERE. I don't know how to describe it. I think I'm too restless for a bath. 

Like a fucking seal xD 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Baths. 

At home in the main bathroom upstairs. I always get overruled when I suggest having a standing shower instead of the bath. It would save so much space and look much better.

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

At home in the main bathroom upstairs. I always get overruled when I suggest having a standing shower instead of the bath. It would save so much space and look much better.

You never shower or bath alone? 🤔

Archived