talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

£200m upfront. £150m over 5 years according to the Daily Mail. That £150m is what is in the latest legal documents causing today's frenzy.

And I bet you if his happens it will be 'By By Brucie Boy' and a top-class manager will take over, maybe Raffa will say "Hello again"?

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

And I bet you if his happens it will be 'By By Brucie Boy' and a top-class manager will take over, maybe Raffa will say "Hello again"?

No idea of the clout of the potential new owners. Doesn't matter a great deal anyway. We don't need someone else's wealth to repair what the club means, is and behaves. 

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Didn’t a load of fans fuck off at the start of the season, resulting in the club either severely reducing season ticket prices and/or giving a load away? 

Yes I was one of them and so were the flag makers :4_joy: 

Ticket prices weren't reduced. 10,000 season tickets were given away for free.

Exciting times for Newcastle fans who've had some pretty bitter years. Although, I think it's a bit of a shame Mike Ashley's managed to find a group of people I'd likely find much worse than him to take over the club.

However, now the club will finally have hope to match the aspirations they once had in the 90s/00s before they became pretty shite, and if the resources are spent better than Freddy Shepherd pissing away loads of cash... they should be seeing some brighter days ahead once this virus settles down and football is allowed to continue as normal.

Good news for the business, hopefully the new owners have advisors that have looked at every decision Ashley has made so they can do the completel opposite. Hopefully this means we can see Newcastle sort themselves out proper and push on. They should be at least where Wolves are with their fanbase and being a one club city.

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

Charity

I regularly donate. I’ve volunteered to keep paying child care tuition even though it’s closed. A few workers have been laid off however. 

There isn’t a 10-15kpw job offer waiting for me after all of this so sadly I can’t contribute 30% 

Edited by Cicero

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I regularly donate. I’ve volunteered to keep paying child care tuition even though it’s closed. A few workers have been laid off however. 

There isn’t a 10-15kpw job offer waiting for me after all of this so sadly I can’t contribute 30% 

Don’t let your dreams be dreams

Football is high profile and noticeable. Risky for someone under scrutiny. Mike Ashley got far more public scrutiny by making himself known through football than others in his industry.

Saudi involvement in things like Twitter, Uber and Snapchat goes unnoticed. This won't. Questions will constantly be asked.

37 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

The furloughed staff are hoping that they'll get full pay when the new owners come in. 

They aren't getting full pay? O.o