talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sadio Mane - Leaving Liverpool?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yeah, I would tend to agree. If Liverpool win the league, given they won the Champions League last year, there's little else left to stay on and win. He doesn't strike me as the sort of player who'll see out his career at Liverpool. At 28 years old as I believe he would be at the point of sale, £150m would be a sound return on investment. 

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

Remember when paying £35mil for him was considered over the top? xD

Absolutely class. Literally everything you want from a forward.

I thought Saints had proper mugged them off, loadsa dosh and they brought Redmond in....how wrong I was 😂

15 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

This particular report could easily be BS, but I do think Mane will leave this summer.

Any reason why you think that? I'm not saying your wrong, just wondering what's behind your thinking.

I know footballers usually say what's expected to the media but Mane only a month ago said he wanted to finish his career at Liverpool.

I'd have said Salah was the most likely to leave out of our front 3 personally. 

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Any reason why you think that? I'm not saying your wrong, just wondering what's behind your thinking.

I know footballers usually say what's expected to the media but Mane only a month ago said he wanted to finish his career at Liverpool.

I'd have said Salah was the most likely to leave out of our front 3 personally. 

Pretty much what @Batard and others have said. Now just feels like the right time. Plus, I wonder if he feels the need to step out of Salah's shadow. Many consider Mane to be our best player, but the mainstream narrative is very much that Salah's the leading light for Liverpool.

I may be reaching a bit here, but Mane's comments, "Hopefully I can stay forever" make it sound to me like he's implying it's out of his hands. Trying to get ahead of the narrative?

On 03/01/2020 at 10:30, Batard said:

Yeah, I would tend to agree. If Liverpool win the league, given they won the Champions League last year, there's little else left to stay on and win. He doesn't strike me as the sort of player who'll see out his career at Liverpool. At 28 years old as I believe he would be at the point of sale, £150m would be a sound return on investment. 

Honestly I'd not be happy with anything less than 250m. He's out best player and where Neymar was at when PSG signed him, right up there with Messi. 

I don't see him leaving because I don't think any club can actually afford to pay the selling clubs valuations of players in that very top tier.

2 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Pretty much what @Batard and others have said. Now just feels like the right time. Plus, I wonder if he feels the need to step out of Salah's shadow. Many consider Mane to be our best player, but the mainstream narrative is very much that Salah's the leading light for Liverpool.

I may be reaching a bit here, but Mane's comments, "Hopefully I can stay forever" make it sound to me like he's implying it's out of his hands. Trying to get ahead of the narrative?

I do think Klopp will sell one of Mane or Salah to fund a rebuild. Hes said as much. 

I agree with you though that Salah is the one I'd probably let go. Not sure who could afford either of them though? 

It would take £150m plus to get either. 

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I do think Klopp will sell one of Mane or Salah to fund a rebuild. Hes said as much. 

I agree with you though that Salah is the one I'd probably let go. Not sure who could afford either of them though? 

It would take £150m plus to get either. 

PSG could surely afford it if they lost Mbappe. But would Salah or Mane want to go there.

Bottom line there aren't many clubs that would be an upwards or even sideways move from Liverpool the way things are at the moment. And there aren't many clubs that could afford a player that we preferred to keep.

10 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Mane will win footballer of the year this year

• Subscriber

I'm surprised people think Mane will leave. He doesn't seem to have stated a massive ambition, but I suppose at 28 it would be his last opportunity to go and play for a team like Real Madrid if he's so minded. PSG would be a terrible shout from his point of view. Agree that Salah is more likely to leave but I find that hard to imagine at this point as well.

Obviously I'm not delighted to be proven right but I said when Barcelona first came after Coutinho and were offering absurd money that Liverpool should snatch their hands off because Mane is clearly the better player anyway.

• The topic was locked

Archived