Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

TF365 Film Club

Good idea! We did something similar in the past (in the old forum I think) and it was fun at first but it also died soon as there was lack of participants... Hope this works out better this time!

I'm definitely in; can we please mix the movies up a little bit though... 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Real cinema please. That excludes anything Marvel

I think we include anything and everything. Marvel just happens to be another part of cinema now. I love the horror genre, others hate it. No shite like Human Centipede though.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think we include anything and everything. Marvel just happens to be another part of cinema now. I love the horror genre, others hate it. No shite like Human Centipede though.

I'll watch anything (well bar the extreme cases of rubbish), even the genres I don't like, as long as we mix it up... 

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yeah, apart from the obvious run of the mill bollocks, I think we include anything. Hopefully leaning towards more substance though. 

I’m not wasting my time with movies like bloody Ant Man or Black Panther. 

Lets recommend real cinema. Not CGI overkill 

I'm in, but for the love of god, not Marvel please. 

How about working our way through some sort of a "greatest" list? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Sounds like a good place to start. 

Sounds good. There are a lot of "classics" that I haven't seen yet. 

In just let me know what to watch and then give me some time to get to it. But yeah I like the idea of a greatest list and then work through them. I assume foreign cinema is included as well?

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

In just let me know what to watch and then give me some time to get to it. But yeah I like the idea of a greatest list and then work through them. I assume foreign cinema is included as well?

I'd be in favour of that...

I thought of something along the lines of They Shoot Pictures list: http://theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films.htm  Granted it's massive; so there might be better ones out there.

I thought of something along the lines of They Shoot Pictures list: http://theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films.htm  Granted it's massive; so there might be better ones out there.

I like that list its comprehensive and has a lot of variety in it too. Plus it meets the gold standard asked in here which as no Marvel lol.

P.S. No anime in that list but that's okay

I like that list its comprehensive and has a lot of variety in it too. Plus it meets the gold standard asked in here which as no Marvel lol.

They also have a separate list for 21st century movies only; this could be interesting if we want to mix it up and watch both the classics and the newer ones. Something like a classic movie one week and then a modern one next week maybe...

http://theyshootpictures.com/21stcentury_allfilms_table.php

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nudge said:

They also have a separate list for 21st century movies only; this could be interesting if we want to mix it up and watch both the classics and the newer ones. Something like a classic movie one week and then a modern one next week maybe...

http://theyshootpictures.com/21stcentury_allfilms_table.php

I honestly would like to hear from everyone else here. I don't mind rewatching movies or even going through a swap of classic vs modern (not recent but modern cinema). I do like the idea of also using themes but everyone else can weigh in on what they'd like here.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

P.S. No anime in that list but that's okay

Haha we could even do something like "one movie recommendation per participant" as well :D 

I honestly would like to hear from everyone else here. I don't mind rewatching movies or even going through a swap of classic vs modern (not recent but modern cinema). I do like the idea of also using themes but everyone else can weigh in on what they'd like here.

Themes/genres sound good as well. 

I like the themed idea. That way if someone doesn’t like a certain theme, they can sit it out if they want but rejoin later on.

I like the idea of one recommendation per person, and then we could maybe vote on which we should watch?

Just now, Pyfish said:

I like the themed idea. That way if someone doesn’t like a certain theme, they can sit it out if they want but rejoin later on.

I like the idea of one recommendation per person, and then we could maybe vote on which we should watch?

I like this too as long as we just end up with one movie in a stipulated time-frame allowing discussion.

23 minutes ago, nudge said:

Films of Til Schweiger and Matthias Schweighöfer are probably the best when it comes to European cinema.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I like this too as long as we just end up with one movie in a stipulated time-frame allowing discussion.

And as long as everyone doesn’t just vote their recommended film 😂

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I like myself some horrors, Human Centipede was so bad and so gross but I had to watch it....I watched it years ago when I lived back home with my mom. I remember her walking by the living room during one of the centipede marching scenes and just the question "what the hell are you watching" I will never forget xD Im not sure I could even answer her properly because I dont even know what I was watching. 

Anyways I agree about the marvel shite, I have 0 interest in any of those, I havent watched most of them. Themes is a good idea, I like being exposed to genres I wouldnt otherwise watch, Ive been pleasantly surprised by alot of films that way. 

• Haha 2