talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This is the same woman when talking about Cummings lockdown breach... 

Ms Ferrier called for Dominic Cummings, Boris Johnson senior adviser, to resign after it was revealed he travelled more than 200 miles to County Durham from London at the height of lockdown.

"Dominic Cummings' actions have undermined the sacrifices that we have all been making in lockdown to protect each other from coronavirus. His position is untenable and he must be removed from his post now," she told the Daily Record at the time.

She added: "The public health advice is crystal clear. For the safety of others, anyone with coronavirus symptoms must self-isolate, in line with government guidance. They should not leave the house for any reason."

Fucking hell.

• Subscriber

To be fair to Stanley Johnson he isn't an elected official. Corbyn's offence is nowhere near as egregious as the SNP MP but still, how can you be so lacking in self awareness getting in a picture with over 6 people and allowing it to be shared on social media.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

To be fair to Stanley Johnson he isn't an elected official. Corbyn's offence is nowhere near as egregious as the SNP MP but still, how can you be so lacking in self awareness getting in a picture with over 6 people and allowing it to be shared on social media.

It's more Johnson's ridiculous excuse.

'I've been on holiday so I didn't know what the rules were. No fine for me waheyy!'. His son literally makes the rules as leader of the government in charge of running this chaos.

Really think that washes with any other member of the public who happens to breach the same mask rule? I very much doubt it.

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Trying to claim he was not aware of the mask rule was pretty piss poor, unless he had a health condition which he doesn't mask wearing has pretty much been the bog standard procedure for quite a while now..  Trying to claim he was just an absent minded fool not sure of the rules cuts no fucking mustard with me... 

• Subscriber

I didn't hear any of his excuses and I'm not saying they're any good, just pointing out that as much as you might expect the PM's Dad to try not to embarrass him, at least we aren't talking about someone who has stood for office and been voted into a position of responsibility by thousands of people.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Wish our leader would come out with this kind of stuff, instead of just outright defending his mates and being ignorant to any wrongdoings. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wish our leader would come out with this kind of stuff, instead of just outright defending his mates and being ignorant to any wrongdoings. 

I don't recall hearing one bad thing about how she has handled this situation since it began... The only issues she has had are those where our Government have failed to communicate effectively on plans and strategy... 

Edited by Bluewolf

Well this is interesting article on a virus spray booth... I actually think the Government stance is the right one for now... It claims to kill 99.99999% of all known germs.. well so does Domestos but I wouldn't want to be sprayed with that.. xD I like the idea behind it but not keen on the claims about how effective it could and think it's just another opportunity for someone to try and make a shit load of easy cash off the back of the pandemic... Could you imagine just how much this idea would be worth if you could get the nod to roll it out nationwide at every train station, sports and music venue and workplace and that's just for starters...  

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/spray-pod-that-could-bring-fans-back-to-stadiums-being-blocked-by-government/ar-BB19E7tO?ocid=msedgntp

a laptop sits on top of a building: The spray pods are medically proven to kill kill 99.999 percent of germs

Anthony Joshua standing in front of a building: British world heavyweight boxing champion Anthony Joshua has tested out the pod

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Well this is interesting article on a virus spray booth... I actually think the Government stance is the right one for now... It claims to kill 99.99999% of all known germs.. well so does Domestos but I wouldn't want to be sprayed with that.. xD I like the idea behind it but not keen on the claims about how effective it could and think it's just another opportunity for someone to try and make a shit load of easy cash off the back of the pandemic... Could you imagine just how much this idea would be worth if you could get the nod to roll it out nationwide at every train station, sports and music venue and workplace and that's just for starters...  

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/spray-pod-that-could-bring-fans-back-to-stadiums-being-blocked-by-government/ar-BB19E7tO?ocid=msedgntp

I'm really skeptical about the benefits of this. The only transmission vector this would affect is catching it off surfaces, which I believe has been shown to be practically impossible anyway. These will do nothing to reduce your risk of catching the virus off someone who has it (which is the most likely method). Bit of a waste of time and probably creates a false sense of security

Hypochloric acid is probably fine in anything other than large doses, but I certainly wouldn't question anyone who didn't want to walk through a chamber saturated with it.

Edited by Burning Gold

Love that private sector efficiency.

Why invest a little more in your existing publicly-owned national health infrastructure, when you can siphon off tens of millions of pounds to your chums who don't even know how to use Excel?

Edited by Inverted

They have absolutely no idea how many people have had this disease, never have and never will. Many people don't even show antibodies if they've had similar infections before, that's without taking into consideration how inept and useless the whole testing process is. The country is paralysed by something we are not able to rationally assess. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

It's the double standards of it all. 

Allow up to 3000 people in an enclosed/indoor environment but refuse to allow even a small percentage of football fans in a stadia. With football stadiums, why not if it's managed properly with social distancing, across the country? If I read correctly at the weekend, Chesterfield were allowed to invite fans in to the boxes to watch football on streams, but they weren't allowed to physically watch the game from the box. Very odd I think. 

I agree, I think football fans should be being slowly allowed back into stadiums. We're still in a panic stage it seems, the bungling with the statistics do not help as we seem to have no real way of knowing the true scale of things. I support local restrictions where we have high transmission but large swathes of the country should surely be able to gather more freely.

The Royal Albert Hall is not back until December 9th. They are selling tickets. It might not happen. 

There isn't a single region in the UK that hasn't had an exponetional rise in cases in the last 2 weeks. We do not know if council jurisdiction level restrictions implemented recently are working. It's still possible that they're not severe enough. What does seem to be happening is that when cases rise in one local authority it inevitably spreads to neighbouring ones, sometimes as quickly as within two weeks. This may be the case even with local restrictions.

So do you keep loosening an area until its cases rise exponentially or stay in caution if neighbours are rising? That leads to question of how far from a rising case area is far enough to start acting differently? We could be looking at 30-50 miles in some regions like the North East for example. 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Harry said:

Has any country politicised COVID more than the US?

UK doing a pretty good job of it - more about the handling of COVID as opposed to mask-wearing.