talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber

A 28-year-old Brazilian volunteer in the Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine trials has died of COVID-19 complications :( He is reported to have received a placebo, not the vaccine, and Oxford University confirms there are no safety concerns, the trials continue.

• Wow 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

A 28-year-old Brazilian volunteer in the Oxford/AstroZeneca vaccine trials has died of COVID-19 complications :( He is reported to have received a placebo, not the vaccine, and Oxford University confirms there are no safety concerns, the trials continue.

Clearly the vaccine killed him  

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Thatcher was worse tbh, he was just a senile guy that the US right pushed around

Johnson and his cronies are up there after today's vote denying children free meals during the holidays to prevent child poverty/hunger during this pandemic...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Johnson and his cronies are up there after today's vote denying children free meals during the holidays to prevent child poverty/hunger during this pandemic...

Let's say "down there" instead of up there, but yeah... 100% agree with you.

• Upvote 1

Welsh Government are telling the supermarkets in Wales that they must close off anything that is non-essential (clothes, electronics etc) as part of their 'firebreak'/'circuit breaker'/'wankbreak'/'lockdown'/'whateverthefucktheywanttocallittobedifferent'. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54648194

I can understand the reasoning behind this, as other stores that solely sell clothes and electronics (as examples) must close as part of this, but once again, unless the police are going to inspect every single supermarket in Wales on a regular basis (and even then, according to the article, there's no precise list of non-essential goods in said law, so they couldn't do anything anyway), this is once again going to be unenforceable. A common trait of the Welsh Government during this pandemic. 

Also nice of them to leave it to the last minute and publish a list of businesses that can remain open or must close, despite the leak occurring prior to their 'announcement' on Monday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54647422

As you're probably aware now, Wales is now in a 'firebreak'/'circuit breaker'/'wankbreak'/'lockdown'/'whateverthefucktheywanttocallittobedifferent' and we can now only do pretty much what happened in the original lockdown back in March. 

However, this was UK wide and the Welsh Government didn't need to do anything. They now have to actually do something and............... fucked it up. 

Only a few hours before it actually began, our lot only just decided what is essential and what isn't, giving supermarkets little time to actually do much. Therefore, if we go into a supermarket in Wales from now until 9th November, we can mainly buy food and drink only. 

If you think I'm bullshitting, there's a couple of pics in the below link of 'non-essential' items being covered up. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54662795

Mark Drakeford (on his current power trip) has said that the reasoning for supermarkets being required to do this is as 'a matter of fairness'. Perfectly fine. I'll just go online and buy what is needed instead. Fucking dumbass. 

Granted, this is scheduled for two weeks only, with the Welsh Government claiming that this will end on 9th November. However, the fact that there are already measures being created on restrictions after this and the possibility of rolling lockdowns (let's not forget that the likes of Caerphilly and Rhondda-Cynon-Taf were in local lockdowns for 5-6 weeks before today, while many others were already in locla lockdowns as well), this will most likely be extended and extended after that date. 

I need get a little bit of food shopping for my nan and myself. While I won't be going to any of the big stores, I'll post some pics up on here if I see anything this ridiculous. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

On 22/10/2020 at 07:08, Happy Blue said:

The elite are indeed taking over the world and enslaving the human race

They are mate. Rupert Murdoch is the team MVP and is starting by turning a proportionate group into conspiracy theory believers who'll ignore fact and reason, and vote against their own interests for long enough that the uber wealthy policy agenda can be implemented

The scenes from supermarkets in Wales are farcical, seriously this whole thing is giving a real boost to the jobsworths, the curtain twitchers and the nosey. One of the better things about this country is that people, generally, let you be and mind their own. I fear this prying sanctimony is here to stay now, they'll always be able to go 'but the virus' to justify their increasingly invasive actions.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The scenes from supermarkets in Wales are farcical, seriously this whole thing is giving a real boost to the jobsworths, the curtain twitchers and the nosey. One of the better things about this country is that people, generally, let you be and mind their own. I fear this prying sanctimony is here to stay now, they'll always be able to go 'but the virus' to justify their increasingly invasive actions.

The sad thing is that there are a fair amount of people in Wales who are happy being told by our government that you can't buy this or that, using the 'but the virus' reason you mentioned (hence the actual reason for the lockdown in the first place, 'to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed') and 'it's only 17 days, quit whining and think of saving lives'. It's as if they'd happily jump off a cliff if Drakeford told them, like good lapdogs. The media also don't help as they don't challenge them on anything, while Plaid Cymru are more interested in getting to bed with them in exchange for power. 

The point is that we're literally being told by our government what is and what isn't essential, which is ridiculous as different people have different needs for different reasons. Drakeford even tried to address this by saying that 'friends and family can do shopping for you' (forgetting that we're banned from meeting others indoors and outdoors) and 'shop online' (which defeats the point of his 'matter of fairness' reasoning for telling supermarkets not to sell non essential items, as people'll order from Amazon and the likes). 

I don't want to turn this too political, but I hope you (and others) start to realise why, as much as I want to generally try to remain neutral, I generally rip into Welsh Labour more often than not as while the Tories get heavily criticised (and quite rightly), our lot literally have free reign to do as it please and people here will lap it up (as this is proving). 

EDIT: I forgot to mention that alcohol is classed as essential. Make of that what you will. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The point is that we're literally being told by our government what is and what isn't essential, which is ridiculous as different people have different needs for different reasons.

"Not thinking of anybody least of all disabled people. Kettle breaks down like ours did in last lockdown at least we could buy one in the supermarket.

"Using a pan of hot water is not viable whilst waiting for delivery for a disabled person like myself. These items are essential and not just for making tea, it's for hot water bottles helping ease pain.

"So classing these items as non essential is wrong."

Twitter user Philippa Smallwood wrote: "It's absolutely ridiculous what is going on in Wales btw (by the way).

"Supermarkets having to tape off aisles as it is not essential items. Pretty sure that if you are isolated for 17 days and your kettle packs in, you should be able to buy a new one."

"Or a duvet/blanket with the weather getting colder? Yet again it's the people struggling financially that are the hit the hardest... definitely not "in this together" in Wales!"

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The sad thing is that there are a fair amount of people in Wales who are happy being told by our government that you can't buy this or that, using the 'but the virus' reason you mentioned (hence the actual reason for the lockdown in the first place, 'to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed') and 'it's only 17 days, quit whining and think of saving lives'. It's as if they'd happily jump off a cliff if Drakeford told them, like good lapdogs. The media also don't help as they don't challenge them on anything, while Plaid Cymru are more interested in getting to bed with them in exchange for power. 

The point is that we're literally being told by our government what is and what isn't essential, which is ridiculous as different people have different needs for different reasons. Drakeford even tried to address this by saying that 'friends and family can do shopping for you' (forgetting that we're banned from meeting others indoors and outdoors) and 'shop online' (which defeats the point of his 'matter of fairness' reasoning for telling supermarkets not to sell non essential items, as people'll order from Amazon and the likes). 

I don't want to turn this too political, but I hope you (and others) start to realise why, as much as I want to generally try to remain neutral, I generally rip into Welsh Labour more often than not as while the Tories get heavily criticised (and quite rightly), our lot literally have free reign to do as it please and people here will lap it up (as this is proving). 

EDIT: I forgot to mention that alcohol is classed as essential. Make of that what you will. 

I think it’s absolutely mental what they’re doing in Wales. If a shop is allowed to be open, but they’ve got to tape up aisles... why, people are already inside the shop?

Also tbf you’ve got to make alcohol essential. I’d probably have killed myself in March if they took booze away

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it’s absolutely mental what they’re doing in Wales. If a shop is allowed to be open, but they’ve got to tape up aisles... why, people are already inside the shop?

Also tbf you’ve got to make alcohol essential. I’d probably have killed myself in March if they took booze away

Ironically, by blocking aisles, you're also confine people to certain areas and making social distancing a little harder (obviously the size of them negates it a little but you get the idea). 

In regards to alcohol, I have no issues with alcohol at all, but to say that clothes (which people generally need for warmth as a baseline) is non essential, but alcohol (which being realistic, we don't really need as a human need) is essential just makes Drakeford look more of a clown. 

34 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Ironically, by blocking aisles, you're also confine people to certain areas and making social distancing a little harder (obviously the size of them negates it a little but you get the idea). 

In regards to alcohol, I have no issues with alcohol at all, but to say that clothes (which people generally need for warmth as a baseline) is non essential, but alcohol (which being realistic, we don't really need as a human need) is essential just makes Drakeford look more of a clown. 

That sounds consistent with Melbourne's lockdown measures to mate. Liquorstires remained open for business whilst clothing was "click and collect" or online only.

The weirdest thing we deemed essential and stayed open throughout was key-cutting. Which in Melbourne is generally a small business that sells keys, watch batteries and performs shoe repairs.