talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
On 01/02/2021 at 22:31, JoshBRFC said:

I’ve just seen this on the news. Brilliant for them!

Amazing! :congrats:

^ How it started.

How it's going: 

For context, 75 cases in a day is roughly equivalent to 60,000 a day in the UK when you scale it for population. We're now having our worst outbreak since the start, my housemate is mildly symptomatic and waiting for a test result so we're partying like it's 2020 over here.

• Subscriber

Denmark has just suspended use of AstraZeneca vaccine as a precaution due to numerous cases of serious blood coagulation problems. 

Austria stopped using a specific batch of the vaccine due to the same issues (multiple thrombosis and pulmonary embolism) a few days ago. Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Luxembourg suspended use of the same batch of the vaccine as well. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Denmark has just suspended use of AstraZeneca vaccine as a precaution due to numerous cases of serious blood coagulation problems. 

Austria stopped using a specific batch of the vaccine due to the same issues (multiple thrombosis and pulmonary embolism) a few days ago. Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Luxembourg suspended use of the same batch of the vaccine as well. 

Not much being reported here on that, I doubt they'd want to communicate it either

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Unfortunately the anti Vaxers are gonna have a field day 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, nudge said:

Definitely linked to the vaccine? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Definitely linked to the vaccine? 

No, that's still under investigation. The overall reported number of thromboembolic issues does not exceed the occurrence rate observed in general population, but there are questions raised about one particular batch of the vaccine (ABV5300 which has been delivered to 17 European countries). It all started in Austria, where a 49 year old nurse suddenly developed multiple thrombosis and died shortly after receiving her jab, and her 35 year old colleague nurse from the same clinic was hospitalised with pulmonary embolism (which is usually caused by thrombosis) after receiving her vaccine from the same batch. Denmark reported numerous cases with serious thromboembolic issues as well (including one death, reportedly - but not officially confirmed, I think), and several other countries reported similar isolated severe side effects too, so this is a precaution until it is being investigated.

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Don't be saying things like that or you will put me off having it.... 

If there were serious issues with the vaccine in general, you would have surely had plenty of deaths and cases of severe side effects in the UK already, given the sheer amount of people who received their 1st dose... So I wouldn't sweat it, but safety precautions like that is a standard procedure when deaths/severe cases are reported, and it's a good thing it is... There's a possibility that manufacturing/quality control of that specific batch could have been compromised. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

If there were serious issues with the vaccine in general, you would have surely had plenty of deaths and cases of severe side effects in the UK already, given the sheer amount of people who received their 1st dose... So I wouldn't sweat it, but safety precautions like that is a standard procedure when deaths/severe cases are reported, and it's a good thing it is... There's a possibility that manufacturing/quality control of that specific batch could have been compromised. 

Let's hope that's the case.. I have survived a lot of things in my lifetime and would be typical to get done in by a vaccine that's supposed to be helping me.... xD

I either want to go out like this... all guns blazing

shooting al pacino GIF

Or in some heroic fashion like this saving people... 

keanu reeves speed GIF

I don't want to go out like this... 

Memento Mori Art GIF by Kajetan Obarski

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Let's hope that's the case.. I have survived a lot of things in my lifetime and would be typical to get done in by a vaccine that's supposed to be helping me.... xD

Like the two world wars, the black death, the great frost and the meteoriod that killed the dinosaurs

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, McAzeem said:

Like the two world wars, the black death, the great frost and the meteoriod that killed the dinosaurs

Seems as though you are following in the footsteps of Stan...

Just so you know you have now moved from my 'He has never done me any harm' list to my 'Fair Game' list... B|

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Seems as though you are following in the footsteps of Stan...

Just so you know you have now moved from my 'He has never done me any harm' list to my 'Fair Game' list... B|

@McAzeem has joined a very elite group then. Need some more diversity though. 

• Upvote 1

@nudge

If my grandmother gets her vaccine (pfizer apparently) will she be allowed to go outside again?

In Peru I know the law says the elderly can't go out until they get their vaccine, but my worry is how effective the vaccine is against the Brazilian strain.

Edited by Mpache

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

@nudge

If my grandmother gets her vaccine (pfizer apparently) will she be allowed to go outside again?

In Peru I know the law says the elderly can't go out until they get their vaccine, but my worry is how effective the vaccine is against the Brazilian strain.

I know you asked @nudge but I was just reading about the vaccines and strains it works against. Apparently the Pfizer one can 'neutralise' against the Brazil strain.

I guess whether she is allowed out depends on the local/national rules in Peru... 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stan said:

I know you asked @nudge but I was just reading about the vaccines and strains it works against. Apparently the Pfizer one can 'neutralise' against the Brazil strain.

I guess whether she is allowed out depends on the local/national rules in Peru... 

Well I meant "safely".

I know for a fact that the law in Peru only allows her to go outside if vaccinated.

Let's hope what you say is true. I'm guessing it stops transmission too, as I've been reading? She lives with my uncle who is very close to me, but is also at risk.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

@nudge

I'm not a lawmaker in Peru, so don't know what the regulations are there for vaccinated people. 

As for the Brazilian variant - as @Stan said already, first lab studies suggest that Pfizer does neutralise it. There's no real world data yet, but everything suggests it will be effective. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, nudge said:

I'm not a lawmaker in Peru, so don't know what the regulations are there for vaccinated people. 

As for the Brazilian variant - as @Stan said already, first lab studies suggest that Pfizer does neutralise it. There's no real world data yet, but everything suggests it will be effective. 

That's great news. I'm actually amazed Pfizer is in Peru at all, as the whole scandal with the government was around the Sinopharm vaccine, which I think doesn't have the studies yet.