talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

How is the chinese economy doing now? My auntie(who is quite anti Chinese so I careful what I believe with her) has said that they are good now ecomanically wise. However I would imagine that their economy has still taken a massive hit and they are not where they would be if covid had not happened.

7 hours ago, Stan said:

@Mpache

Good to hear! A fun fact but an uncle was actually a trialist for the Sinopharm vaccine, or whatever the Chinese vaccine is called. Apologies if I am being ignorant.

But he is vaccinated after those trials, he was a bit of a risk as well as he's in his 60's.

Just now, SkyBruce Championship said:

I'm pretty sure Sinopharm Vaccine play in the Malaysian Premier League. When your uncle said he was a trialist he meant he got 15 minutes in a pre-season friendly.

Should have taken me with him xD

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

I'm pretty sure Sinopharm Vaccine play in the Malaysian Premier League. When your uncle said he was a trialist he meant he got 15 minutes in a pre-season friendly.

Steve Bruce has gone to scout them immediately. 

41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You can tell the US is closer to recovery as mass shootings start to show up again 

It's amazing the things you miss in lockdown. 

Early morning showers. Commuting. Doing all your grocery shopping at the weekend. Getting shot in the head by a virgin with an AR-15. Buying an overpriced sandwich and a coffee for lunch. 

You know, the little things. 

• Haha 3

Some news coming from Canada. Apparently our third wave is hitting our "young people harder".

That means the vaccine is doing it's job for the old people. I can't say it's "good news" as nobody deserves to suffer, but the good bit comes from the effectiveness of the vaccine over here.

On one hand, vaccinations are slowly making an impact for certain populations, including front-line health-care workers and the elderly — with the death toll in long-term care dropping dramatically as vaccination rates have picked up.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-covid-third-wave-younger-patients-1.5955838

The rest of it doesn't sound good, but the quote above is the bit that we all wanted to hear. I just hope they speed up vaccinations here.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Some news coming from Canada. Apparently our third wave is hitting our "young people harder".

That means the vaccine is doing it's job for the old people. I can't say it's "good news" as nobody deserves to suffer, but the good bit comes from the effectiveness of the vaccine over here.

Is it just cases hitting young people harder, or severe illness from having it?

It's the reason why old people were targeting with the vaccine first as they were more likely to need the care from hospitals and health services. Younger people are more likely to recover/less likely to be severely affected as their immune systems are more likely to be able to find antibodies to fight it.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is it just cases hitting young people harder, or severe illness from having it?

It's the reason why old people were targeting with the vaccine first as they were more likely to need the care from hospitals and health services. Younger people are more likely to recover/less likely to be severely affected as their immune systems are more likely to be able to find antibodies to fight it.

Both, if I read things correctly.

Apparently 54% of the population that gets the virus is infected by the UK or Brazilian strains. I know UK has a slightly more deadly strain, not sure about Brazil, but that is a higher risk of reinfection.

The ones at risk are the ones in their 30's-60's. The elderly will survive this third wave, which is the good news of all this.

@Stan @RandoEFC @Dr. Gonzo

I've been watching this documentary. It's incredible that other countries were already reacting to covid as boris Johnson was shaking hands with covid patients in hospital. They then produced track and trace systems 4 months ahead of us that were mostly better than ours.

I think a lot of senior government officials should be sacked. If anyone were to commit gross misconduct at that level in any job they would be gone. 

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Stan @RandoEFC @Dr. Gonzo

I've been watching this documentary. It's incredible that other countries were already reacting to covid as boris Johnson was shaking hands with covid patients in hospital. They then produced track and trace systems 4 months ahead of us that were mostly better than ours.

I think a lot of senior government officials should be sacked. If anyone were to commit gross misconduct at that level in any job they would be gone. 

I agree with you, but nothing will happen most likely because politicians are seldom held to the same standard as ordinary people.

Usually the way politicians feel the sting of accountability is getting voted out for doing a shit job. That’s probably a part of the reason why partisan politics has pushed so many into believing support for a political party is just like support for a football club.

So many people can overlook shite “their” politicians do “because the other side does it too” - without realising that it doesn’t matter what political party you’re in, at the end of the day we’re all British and politicians fucking Britain up is bad for the team we are all on.

Tbf though, as an expat in a country that handled COVID much more terribly than the UK, I think there’s a lot wrong with Boris policy-wise, but I’ve been in constant contact with friends and family and he’s handled the pandemic better than many politicians that handled it elsewhere in the world. And places that aren’t facing the same kind of looming economic issues as the UK as well.

But that’s more a damning indictment of leadership around the world than it is any praise of BoJo and his government 

"you can now go out in groups of 6"

This has been the case all year anyway. I actually get sick of walking down a pavement and 2 families(who clearly live in separate houses) are taking up the whole pavement in a group of like 12 of the cunts, so you can't get passed without nearly being ran over by a car in the process, you walk through the football field near by and 8 students are playing football or you go to the park and groups of God knows how many are all grouped together. 

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 2

When are people getting their vaccine?

My cousin is getting one in Miami and he's 25 with no underlying conditions. He just happens to know people. Lucky bastard. I have to wait til August/September at the pace we're going here in Canada.