talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

263 cases in Peru now, only an increase of about 30 which is less than the other day. 

What's scary is that 20 cases are in my district Miraflores. Good thing we are in quarantine as Miraflores is often a hustle and bustle area.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Man, I've been avoiding people I know like the plague since this. I can only imagine that the people I'd run into would be like: 

I like to think of myself as an empathetic and an understanding person. But when I see cretins such as this, is it bad of me to think "Shot Gun to the Head!":shoot:

:ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Michael said:

I like to think of myself as an empathetic and an understanding person. But when I see cretins such as this, is it bad of me to think "Shot Gun to the Head!":shoot:

:ph34r:

Nah that guy needs a bullet to the brain. Who on earth does something like that? Nobody that should be on the planet, that’s for sure

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Man, I've been avoiding people I know like the plague since this. I can only imagine that the people I'd run into would be like: 

He's clearly drunk. No excuse, but it's pretty obvious he is. 

Breaking news on WaPo says the US govt had reports stating this would likely be a pandemic in late January, early February. Makes this response all the more pathetic.

The level of leadership we’ve seen all across the world has been so staggeringly poor. I hope this is a wake up call.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The level of leadership we’ve seen all across the world has been so staggeringly poor. I hope this is a wake up call.

Yes and no.

Like I said above, some countries have either handled this superbly (El Salvador) or have done their best (Peru). There's many other countries I'm not following that have done well. So I wouldn't say "across the world".

What I do agree is that the "big" nations have handled this terribly and it's made some people who voted for said leader wake up. I'm not even talking about first world countries. Any country that is deemed big by economy or name.

Brazil is a perfect example. The other day there were protests in the balconies of Sao Paulo asking Bolsonaro to go while the rest of the continent are applauding their officials at 8 PM. It's quite telling really considering they voted for him to begin with. As for Trump, I've said my piece. I respect his attempts to fix his own mistakes, but you can't say he's handled the situation well given how the thing has gotten bigger in the USA.

1 hour ago, Inti Brian said:

Yes and no.

Like I said above, some countries have either handled this superbly (El Salvador) or have done their best (Peru). There's many other countries I'm not following that have done well. So I wouldn't say "across the world".

What I do agree is that the "big" nations have handled this terribly and it's made some people who voted for said leader wake up. I'm not even talking about first world countries. Any country that is deemed big by economy or name.

Brazil is a perfect example. The other day there were protests in the balconies of Sao Paulo asking Bolsonaro to go while the rest of the continent are applauding their officials at 8 PM. It's quite telling really considering they voted for him to begin with. As for Trump, I've said my piece. I respect his attempts to fix his own mistakes, but you can't say he's handled the situation well given how the thing has gotten bigger in the USA.

No, I think the response has been poor from the get go and that’s why we’re looking at a pandemic. If there was intelligence of a worldwide outbreak in January from “the leader of the free world,” you’d expect that leader of the free world to adopt a more serious stance earlier on. And as the leaders of the free world, that stance sort of shapes the stance of the west.

I can’t just help but think that in countries where Rupert Murdoch’s got a heavy influence in public opinion, you’ve got world leaders turning a criminally blind eye to what’s happening. The UK’s stats are eerily similar to Italy’s right now compared to when Italy first started having cases.

And as an immigrant to the US, it seems weird to me that my state govt seems several steps ahead of the actual government. Which doesn’t seem right since the US govt was the one with more advanced notice of how bad this could be.

World leaders have been a disgrace with handling this, a lot of people will die as a result

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Inti Brian, considering that the world’s healthcare systems will be put under enormous strain, what would you prefer. Canada or Peru?

If it's regarding the actual equipment and environments available, Canada any day. If it's "who will have less cases", Peru.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No, I think the response has been poor from the get go and that’s why we’re looking at a pandemic. If there was intelligence of a worldwide outbreak in January from “the leader of the free world,” you’d expect that leader of the free world to adopt a more serious stance earlier on. And as the leaders of the free world, that stance sort of shapes the stance of the west.

I can’t just help but think that in countries where Rupert Murdoch’s got a heavy influence in public opinion, you’ve got world leaders turning a criminally blind eye to what’s happening. The UK’s stats are eerily similar to Italy’s right now compared to when Italy first started having cases.

And as an immigrant to the US, it seems weird to me that my state govt seems several steps ahead of the actual government. Which doesn’t seem right since the US govt was the one with more advanced notice of how bad this could be.

World leaders have been a disgrace with handling this, a lot of people will die as a result

It's not Algeria's fault that China, the USA and the European Union nations messed up and the virus has reached their nation though. They can only do so much in that case.  

Yes to your last point though. The state governments have been doing much more than Trump overall, same with the Canadian provinces really.

To be fair to the first world countries, they don't constantly deal with outbreaks (here we dealt with Nipah virus and Encephalitis), which would allow them to gain experience on how to deal with epidemics.

Secondly,  it is very difficult for their governments to be authoritative with their citizens. Like our governments, they can't put out harsher laws without facing huge backlash and opposition from citizens.

Lastly, let's not turn this into a dick measuring contest as to which country has been better at handling it. Everyone is losing people in big numbers and we all are going to be in an economic shithole for many months or couple of years.

WA had our biggest jump in cases overnight (24), state total to 90 something. 1000+ in Australia now. I predicted that a couple of days ago on here I think. 

lots of surgeries have been cancelled or postponed. Children aren’t allowed to visit hospitals now. Let’s keep schools open though.