talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

4 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I imagine Qatar will mean Man United will be in for Emi Martinez, Declan Rice, James Maddison & Neymar. In one summer. And the players will all be much better thought of. Even Neymar. Who will help Rashford of course.

I'd hope were not in for Neymar, that's certainly not the route I want United to go down. The other three I'd be happy to take.

If I had my pick it would go something like this.

Mac Callister 

Bellingham 

Kane (we won't need to worry about age or sell on value anymore)

Gvardiol 

I think that would be a very productive window 😂

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Devil said:

The summer transfer window is going to be mental for United if this goes through. We can literally sign whoever we want, I know we've spent big most windows but this will take our ability to spend to an even crazier level.

As long as Hag is kept in the picture on who we buy and does not buy a player for the sake of the name like Mbappé, Neymar, etc, and let him have a say on who we buy, we don't want the scenario of a player being bought and Hag sitting there scratching his head where and when is he going to play whoever. 

I am not happy about a rich middle eastern buying our club and spending millions but if it happens so be it, any owner would be 10 times better than the fucking Glazer mob.

Edit: Saying all that I would prefer Sir Jim Ratcliffe getting the nod as he is a life long United man.

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

As long as Hag is kept in the picture on who we buy and does not buy a player for the sake of the name like Mbappé, Neymar, etc, and let him have a say on who we buy, we don't want the scenario of a player being bought and Hag sitting there scratching his head where and when is he going to play whoever. 

I am not happy about a rich middle eastern buying our club and spending millions but if it happens so be it, any owner would be 10 times better than the fucking Glazer mob.

Edit: Saying all that I would prefer Sir Jim Ratcliffe getting the nod as he is a life long United man.

100% manager should always get the final say on who he wants to work with.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Devil said:

100% manager should always get the final say on who he wants to work with.

I can just picture if, and I say IF this happens and we did buy the likes of Mbappé or Neymar and Hag decides to put either on the bench, I can just picture both of them doing a Ronaldo scenario and tossing their rattles out of their prams.

3 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I imagine Qatar will mean Man United will be in for Emi Martinez, Declan Rice, James Maddison & Neymar. In one summer. And the players will all be much better thought of. Even Neymar. Who will help Rashford of course.

I can't see man United going for naymar

7 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

its a dangerous bid for football in general where one club will be able to do what Chelsea did, but all the time.  it destroys competition and will break transfer markets even more.  

sportswashing is on the cusp of winning a major moral victory.  they are about to own a marquee club and show that fans are happy to buy a title.  

the other bid will still make man United strong with ample support for on and off field upgrades, but it's not going to be 400+ a season.

Props to Adam Mckola coming out and saying he is not happy about Qatar

I love how you’ve posted this after months of twerking for MBS xD

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Thomas Zilliacus withdraws Man Utd bid and says decision to have third round of bidding a 'farce'

Finnish entrepreneur Thomas Zilliacus has withdrawn his offer to buy Manchester United, saying the decision of current owners the Glazers to go to a third round of bidding is a "farce".

The 69-year-old said the Glazers were giving "no respect" to the club.

Zilliacus, Qatari banker Sheikh Jassim and Ineos owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe have publicly submitted second bids.

"The delays will make it very difficult for any new owner to build a winning team for next season," he said.

Writing on Twitter, Zilliacus added: "The bidding is turning into a farce, with Glazers giving no respect to the club.

"Jim Ratcliffe, Sheik Jassim and myself all were ready to negotiate a deal to buy United. Instead Glazers chose to start a new round.

"I will not participate in a farce set up to maximize the profit for the sellers at the expense of Manchester United."

Zilliacus, who has previously been involved with HJK Helsinki and ice hockey champions Jokerit in his homeland, is the founder and chairman of new social media organisation novaM Group.

He wanted to buy United through XXI Century Capital, an investment firm owned by his holding company.

When publicly announcing his bid last month the entrepreneur said he planned to buy half of the club with the other half bought by fans, who would be part of club decision-making.

The Glazer family, who bought the Red Devils for £790m in 2005, announced they were considering selling in November and have established a valuation of £5bn-6bn.

The decision to go to a third round of bidding means potential purchasers, either of the whole club or just a partial stake, must put more offers forward in the hope of concluding a deal.

It had been initially hoped the process being run by the Raine Group would be completed by the end of the season, but the additional time for new bids means that is now unlikely to happen.

Sheikh Jassim will be expected to submit a new bid to buy 100% of the club, with Ratcliffe having followed a strategy of attempting to purchase the Glazer family's 69% shareholding.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65257850

On 18/02/2023 at 11:50, Devil said:

I'd hope were not in for Neymar, that's certainly not the route I want United to go down. The other three I'd be happy to take.

If I had my pick it would go something like this.

Mac Callister 

Bellingham 

Kane (we won't need to worry about age or sell on value anymore)

Gvardiol 

I think that would be a very productive window 😂

doubt on most as transfer negotiations start in Jan and city and Madrid are in late talks with Bellingham, you have a 1% chance of hijacking it

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

doubt on most as transfer negotiations start in Jan and city and Madrid are in late talks with Bellingham, you have a 1% chance of hijacking it

We won't even have new owners in the summer so I'm expecting a summer of limbo for ETH. Will the Glazers invest if they intend to sell?

18 minutes ago, Devil said:

We won't even have new owners in the summer so I'm expecting a summer of limbo for ETH. Will the Glazers invest if they intend to sell?

I doubt it as it may affect their asset value.  If they stay I think it will be a conservative spending summer