talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

Amrabat not played this season and training away from the first team. He has a year left on his contract, surely the Mount money should have been spent on him as he is the type of midfielder we need?

Story is we trying to get a loan deal for him. I reckon Liverpool might get him.

12 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Maybe the manager can learn about rotations, using subs and not going full strength on carabao and Pepsi twist Cups with the main squad nonstop.

The fact we are in for the Spanish Fellaini is even more ridiculous.

Edited by Fusion

Look, a fit Luke Shaw is a incredible footballer, he's technically fantastic but he's got a real issue. The lad comes back from every summer totally out of shape and fitness.

This issue has been highlighted by two of our previous managers and ETH noticed it last season taking him out of the team for a period. I'd be inclined to link any muscle related injuries to poor fitness and pushing yourself beyond what your body is capable of. I remember listening to an ex pro explaining the dangers of muscle injuries playing unfit. People think you can play yourself into fitness but it's simply not good for the body to do that at such a level. It's an issue with Shaw the club should have sorted years ago as it's unprofessional.

Edited by Devil

14 hours ago, Devil said:

Look, a fit Luke Shaw is a incredible footballer, he's technically fantastic but he's got a real issue. The lad comes back from every summer totally out of shape and fitness.

This issue has been highlighted by two of our previous managers and ETH noticed it last season taking him out of the team for a period. I'd be inclined to link any muscle related injuries to poor fitness and pushing yourself beyond what your body is capable of. I remember listening to an ex pro explaining the dangers of muscle injuries playing unfit. People think you can play yourself into fitness but it's simply not good for the body to do that at such a level. It's an issue with Shaw the club should have sorted years ago as it's unprofessional.

Didn't they something similar about bluenose Hatton in boxing? Ballooning up between fights would catch up to him.

If it's true club doctors were involved in treating her but not reporting the abuse, that's incredibly fucked up and they should be sacked. I get the club wanting to protect it's £90m+ pound investment in the player, but at the cost of a woman getting the shit beaten out of her? Nah, that's not okay - I think those doctors would have a moral obligation to report that.

I don't want to do any shit point-scoring on a rival on this, even though it's probably low hanging fruit. Domestic abuse is far too serious of an issue to make light of. I don't really blame the club despite having Giggs, Ronaldo, Greenwood and Anthony - domestic violence is a societal issue, I don't think it's a part of the culture of the club.

But I do think the club's PR probably needs to take steps to make it clear that condoning domestic abuse isn't a part of the club culture, because they don't want this to look like a pattern.