talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

3 hours ago, Devil said:

Just read a rumour the first player they will target is Neymar if the Qatar owners get us.

I'd be absolutely fuming if they brought such a clear poison into the club.

the bid status us fascinating.  I honestly don't know the ins and outs of Ratcliffe's bud as he has been rather ambiguous on all details but I am sure it's not that dissimilar to Qatar.  it sounds like a bit of a co-operative deal.

I just think the fan base has got so emotionally attached to Qatar to the point of seeing sportswashing in motion where these people kowtow to the Qataris.   judging by how Qatar run PSG, it's a massive red flag

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Man Utd sale: Qatari banker Sheikh Jassim makes improved offer to buy club

Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani has made an improved offer to buy Manchester United.

Sources have told BBC Sport a fresh bid was submitted on Tuesday morning amid further talks involving the Raine Group, who are handling the sale.

The Qatari banker and Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Ineos Group are the two main parties looking to buy the Old Trafford club.

Both groups submitted third bids at the end of April...

today on fakeover roulette.   I actually know how man United fans feel, it took 4 years of fakeovers and FA delays to finally get rid of Ashley.

the way I follow it is Qatar want a full buy out and privatisation of man United, 5.5bn after tax is about 60% of the market value so the glazers and 30% shareholders will be well within reason to tell them to go fly.  Ratcliffe is 2bn after tax but the club remains 50% owned by the glazers and shareholders.

I'm guessing if anyone matches the clubs 3.5bn valuation as after tax they will go

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Just waiting to see if you can do the treble now like SAF did in '99 :coffee:

Be a massive fuck up if we don't after seeing off Munich and Real Madrid to reach the final

Edited by Happy Blue
  • Upvote 1

Screenshot_20230613_085833_Slack.thumb.jpg.0ad95ae21fff5908448da1adada9d5aa.jpg

It looks like we will get an announcement on the ownership this week.

Looking on social media there is a clear divide. The fans in there 20's, who have a good memory of the Fergie years and before, see Qatari investment as grim. Whilst teenagers on the cesspit platforms are ready to get the celebration emoji's out.

• Subscriber

R.I.P. Gordon, one of the greats in my time, only 70, my thought go out to all the ones you left behind.

Gordon McQueen: Scotland, Manchester United, and Leeds United great dies aged 70

Former Scotland, Manchester United and Leeds United defender Gordon McQueen has died at the age of 70.

McQueen was diagnosed with cancer in 2011 and dementia in 2021.

Starting his career with St Mirren, McQueen was sold to Leeds and would go on to help win the English league title in 1974, the FA Cup with Manchester Utd in 1983 and play 30 times for Scotland.

He was chosen for the 1978 World Cup squad but did not play because of injury.