talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
On 13/06/2023 at 09:03, The Palace Fan said:

Screenshot_20230613_085833_Slack.thumb.jpg.0ad95ae21fff5908448da1adada9d5aa.jpg

It looks like we will get an announcement on the ownership this week.

Looking on social media there is a clear divide. The fans in there 20's, who have a good memory of the Fergie years and before, see Qatari investment as grim. Whilst teenagers on the cesspit platforms are ready to get the celebration emoji's out.

Nine Two UK Holdings Limited has been officially incorporated as a business in the UK today, with Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani as a director.
The Nine Two Foundation is the company which is fronting the Qatari takeover bid of Manchester United and all funds for a takeover would go through this business.

354040771_6899986710031217_3116428911332502508_n.thumb.jpg.4444b4d1c77e33b68cf8304a61b8cda2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Man Utd fined £257,000 by Uefa for 'minor' Financial Fair Play breach

Manchester United have been fined 300,000 euros (£257,000) by Uefa for a "minor" breach of Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

They were one of a number of clubs sanctioned by Uefa under FFP rules in place between 2019 and 2022.

United said they were "disappointed by the outcome".......

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Ten Hag has taken the captaincy off Maguire. 

I really feel like this guy gets a disproportionate amount of media scrutiny. It is a bit of a hate sink situation and it isn’t good.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I really feel like this guy gets a disproportionate amount of media scrutiny. It is a bit of a hate sink situation and it isn’t good.

Yeah some of it goes way overboard. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

Ten Hag has taken the captaincy off Maguire. 

He should have done that ages ago, I have said in here many a time to take the captain's armband off him where he has no responsibility and you might have seen a different player altogether, it was the little garden gnome in Ole who thought he was creating another Vidic/Ferdinand/Evra and others by making him a united captain.

Moyes wants him from what I read so let the Hammers have him and I wish him well :whistling: 

I do wonder if this could be part of a money saving exercise. If Evans proves his fitness during this pre season he might be given a year as back up.

Sign of the times I'm afraid, we have bigger priorities for our money.

Yikes, can't believe United fielded a full side of kids against Wrexham in San Diego. The only senior player was Jonny Evans and he's only here to get fit.

Some of those fans paid $200 a ticket.

• Haha 1

I rate ten Haag as a manager. He is one of the most competent managers in the Premier League and I believe he will go on to manage many other top clubs when he eventually decides to leave Man Utd. However, I really do not understand why he decided not to keep de Gea. Sure he has brought in Onana, who is a very good goalkeeper in his own right. But de Gea was excellent for United last season, he won the Premier League Golden Glove award for the season as well. I mean United could have at least given him a suitable new contract, instead of allowing him to leave the club as a free agent. I do believe United have made a mistake here and whoever signs de Gea on a free transfer, will have an excellent experienced keeper playing for them.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Michael said:

I rate ten Haag as a manager. He is one of the most competent managers in the Premier League and I believe he will go on to manage many other top clubs when he eventually decides to leave Man Utd. However, I really do not understand why he decided not to keep de Gea. Sure he has brought in Onana, who is a very good goalkeeper in his own right. But de Gea was excellent for United last season, he won the Premier League Golden Glove award for the season as well. I mean United could have at least given him a suitable new contract, instead of allowing him to leave the club as a free agent. I do believe United have made a mistake here and whoever signs de Gea on a free transfer, will have an excellent experienced keeper playing for them.

Probably financial reasons and also, despite the clean sheets, he couldn't be 'trusted' to play the way Ten Hag does. The modernity of football means keepers have to be able to be good with their feet as well as stopping the goals. De Gea appeared to lack that. I rate De Gea but when he does make a blunder (which seemed to become frequent), it does affect the team. Maybe they thought now was the best time to cut ties and rake those wages back in. The thing I don't like about what Man Utd did is offering the contract to him, getting him to accept it, and then taking it away and pulling out of it. That's not professional and actually quite bad in my opinion. 

Onana seems a better prospect for Ten Hag's style. Agree with you that whoever gets De Gea on a free is getting the better part of the deal.

On 25/07/2023 at 22:56, Devil said:

Yikes, can't believe United fielded a full side of kids against Wrexham in San Diego. The only senior player was Jonny Evans and he's only here to get fit.

Some of those fans paid $200 a ticket.

Lol the advertisements for it were hilarious though because they made it seem like it would be a heavyweight fight between two European powerhouses. But it's just Ryan Reynolds' league 2 side vs. kids & Jonny Evans. Created a load of traffic (not United's fault, it's SDSU's fault for making the entrance/exit to the stadium worse than it was when it was still an NFL stadium - the stadium's shite too despite being basically brand new. Not looking forward to going when the city finally gets it's MLS team tbh) and absolutely ripped off the people who went to attend.

I've got no sympathy for fans who got ripped off to see overseas friendlies tbh. They should all know they're just getting milked for all they can be asked to pay.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol the advertisements for it were hilarious though because they made it seem like it would be a heavyweight fight between two European powerhouses. But it's just Ryan Reynolds' league 2 side vs. kids & Jonny Evans. Created a load of traffic (not United's fault, it's SDSU's fault for making the entrance/exit to the stadium worse than it was when it was still an NFL stadium - the stadium's shite too despite being basically brand new. Not looking forward to going when the city finally gets it's MLS team tbh) and absolutely ripped off the people who went to attend.

I've got no sympathy for fans who got ripped off to see overseas friendlies tbh. They should all know they're just getting milked for all they can be asked to pay.

You've got to have a bit of sympathy, it's their opportunity to see these guys live.

I'm pretty disgusted in United to be honest, it's a lot of money to be fooled like that.

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

You've got to have a bit of sympathy, it's their opportunity to see these guys live.

I'm pretty disgusted in United to be honest, it's a lot of money to be fooled like that.

Nah I don't really have any sympathy... and not just because I hated Man Utd lol. Pre-season friendlies are just basically glorified training sessions that imo should go back to be played behind closed doors like they were back in the day, but they won't because they're now used as an opportunity to milk overseas fans for as much money as they can. I don't think it's particularly useful for the players to have fans there or for fans to make too many inferences about what's going on with their team from the results of those friendlies.

I think fans should know this and should know that when they're buying their ticket they're basically just accepting they're getting milked for all they can be milked for.

United are basically pioneers in milking a global fanbase for all their worth, so I'm not in the least bit surprised. And tbh, fans should probably have been aware considering there was a friendly with Real Madrid in Texas around the same time... and obviously for first team players, playing against Real Madrid is a better training exercise than playing against fucking Wrexham. These fans basically just paid a premium because of the United name and the fact that Wrexham are owned by a Hollywood star that got his team famous in the states because of that TV show they've got.

The United Wrexham reminded me what these North American friendlies used to be like.  It's only in the 3 or 4 years that the teams put out decent sides, likely because of huge money on offer for attending.  You used to see academy teams mixed in with the odd first stringer playing in stadiums not suitable for soccer and costing you an arm and a leg.   

The purpose of these games where to get players in shape and getting a look at young players on the verge of making it to the first team.  There was never any consideration for the North American fans, it was a money making trip and a chance to get some training in away from England.