talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

16 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given all The Glaziers are on different wavelengths when it comes to valuation this whole 100% control process feels like a waste of time.

Don't think they intended to fully sell and leave. The timing indicates that they just wanted fans to renew their season tickets.

On 15/10/2023 at 02:47, OrangeKhrush said:

Sir Jim is in and he is already hated by swarms of United fans who were wanting to be oiled up.

I am not happy at all.  Owning only 25% , keeps the Glazers around.  They needed to be gone completely.  The Qataris' bid would have resulted in the debt being paid off,  a new stadium , new training grounds, the development of the lands around the stadium and world class players being bid on.  I don't see any of that happening under Ratcliffe .

There is no guarantee that Ratcliffe's £1.4 billion will be spent on the club, I would be pleasantly surprised if any of it didn't end up in the pockets of the Glazers.  They say Ratcliffe will have control of the football operations , but what does that mean if the £1.4 B isn't used to pay of the debt or improve the infrastructure around the club.  

United and its supporters have been hanging on since SAF retired, hoping against hope that things will turn around, its been a dark decade, but for me at least the Qataris buying 100% of the club was the light at the end of the tunnel. Now I feel I won't live long enough to see United win the Premier or the Champions League.

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m glad United won’t be owned be a sports washing state backed puppet that never actually had 2 pennies to rub together and promised the twitterati everything they wanted to gain favour. Call me cynical though.

Think of it like this: Qatar back PSG and Hamas. That's two disgraceful entities that United won't be associated with now.

it doesn't address the big issue though, that the glazers will continue to be cash parasites.

Al Thani's option was much better to get man United back to the top table, the plans and project were more sustainable than SJR.

reports are out that man United will have very limited resources for 3 years and the roof will not be fixed due to more pressing issues.

I don't know what the reasons are because the man United shareholders supported a  full sale to Al Thani but the veto seems to be the Glazers.

I get there would be some unwillingness but in terms of a plan, vision and money, Qatar are far better.   i can see them buying a West Ham or Everton and just pulling it on man United's suffering fans.

Edited by OrangeKhrush

On 18/10/2023 at 08:59, OrangeKhrush said:

I get there would be some unwillingness but in terms of a plan, vision and money, Qatar are far better.   i can see them buying a West Ham or Everton and just pulling it on man United's suffering fans.

If they were serious about building a sporting legacy theres only one real option for them.

North London already has two massive stadiums, East London already has The Olympic Stadium, West London has Stamford Bridge.

That just leaves South London. The area that is arguably the hot bed of football talent in England. That already has a Premier League team that's been established for 10+ years with a chairman that's taken the role as the spokesperson for the majority.

Oh, and whats that? They also have the best name in English football with owners that are open to selling.

Oh, and they're above Manchester United in the table.

Tell me where I'm telling lies.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

If they were serious about building a sporting legacy theres only one real option for them.

North London already has two massive stadiums, East London already has The Olympic Stadium, West London has Stamford Bridge.

That just leaves South London. The area that is arguably the hot bed of football talent in England. That already has a Premier League team that's been established for 10+ years with a chairman that's taken the role as the spokesperson for the majority.

Oh, and whats that? They also have the best name in English football with owners that are open to selling.

west ham is hot property

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

And they have a cool name. 

• Upvote 1

Joel Glazer will remain invovled in Manchester United’s transfer business even after Sir Jim Ratcliffe and INEOS take chief control of footballing operations, the Times report.

After it emerged earlier today that Glazer – one of six siblings who own the club – would be part of Ratcliffe’s new-found football committee, it’s been added that he’ll still be a part of United’s transfer business.

6 hours ago, MUFC said:

Joel Glazer will remain invovled in Manchester United’s transfer business even after Sir Jim Ratcliffe and INEOS take chief control of footballing operations, the Times report.

After it emerged earlier today that Glazer – one of six siblings who own the club – would be part of Ratcliffe’s new-found football committee, it’s been added that he’ll still be a part of United’s transfer business.

That is the problem. Glazers think they will get £10b in aa few years.   They won't sell till they bleed the club dry.

2 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

That is the problem. Glazers think they will get £10b in aa few years.   They won't sell till they bleed the club dry.

Only way a protest will work is it it's worldwide not just local. You need an empty stadium and nobody to buy anything related to the club on a global scale. But this will never happen.

On 18/10/2023 at 08:59, OrangeKhrush said:

it doesn't address the big issue though, that the glazers will continue to be cash parasites.

Al Thani's option was much better to get man United back to the top table, the plans and project were more sustainable than SJR.

reports are out that man United will have very limited resources for 3 years and the roof will not be fixed due to more pressing issues.

I don't know what the reasons are because the man United shareholders supported a  full sale to Al Thani but the veto seems to be the Glazers.

If it means I can continue to support the club, I’ll take relegation and a reset but that will never happen. 

4 hours ago, MUFC said:

Only way a protest will work is it it's worldwide not just local. You need an empty stadium and nobody to buy anything related to the club on a global scale. But this will never happen.

You will never get that as you say, you'll never get it on a local scale either. There will always be someone to take a season ticket holders place at a club like Man Utd and you only have to look at one of those protests the other year (during lockdown I think) where they're calling for a boycott of sponsors and there's a load of United fans sporting their brand new replicas. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

If it means I can continue to support the club, I’ll take relegation and a reset but that will never happen. 

relegation would utterly ruin man United, probably result in liquidation as the expenses and payroll is eye watering.   

I get what you are saying though from a purest standpoint.  I am merely commenting on the facts that between Ratcliffe and Al Thani, the latter is far better for Man United.

8 hours ago, MUFC said:

You can stop any game being played at Old Trafford,   invade the pitch, have a sit in on the pitch, have people handcuff themselves to the goal posts,   stop the opposing teams buses from getting to the stadium.    Don't do any  damage, don't disrespect the other team or damage their buses, just say you ain't playing today.  If United drop 3 points every time they play at home they will be relegated and maybe the Glazers will leave.

A pipe dream, and easy to say 3000 Mile's away,  but I am getting desperate. 

Edited by Redcanuck