talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

Sead Kolasanic has officially signed for us on a free from Schalke. Never seen him personally, but I have heard a lot of positive views on him. I assume this will be then end of Gibbs' time at Arsenal unfortunately, but it probably best for both sides now.

Edited by Chaaay AFC

I like Mertesacker, have always rated him quite highly and his performance in the cup final was very good indeed. I don't know anything about Kolasanic other than that he's a left-back.

I would assume that Gibbs and Debuchy will leave Arsenal this summer. We've been linked to Gibbs a bit but I think £15 million seems a bit pricey.

8 minutes ago, Toony said:

I like Mertesacker, have always rated him quite highly and his performance in the cup final was very good indeed. I don't know anything about Kolasanic other than that he's a left-back.

I would assume that Gibbs and Debuchy will leave Arsenal this summer. We've been linked to Gibbs a bit but I think £15 million seems a bit pricey.

Yeah I've also heard you are quite interested in Gibbs. That is a bit pricey for him, but if you can get him a bit cheaper he will be well worth it. I actually really like him and I think he would be a great signing for any mid-table team.

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Yeah I've also heard you are quite interested in Gibbs. That is a bit pricey for him, but if you can get him a bit cheaper he will be well worth it. I actually really like him and I think he would be a great signing for any mid-table team.

I wouldn't be surprised if we went in with a loan deal with a view to buy.

We do need a left-back so I would be open to the deal but I don't want to be paying over the odds. On another note, I'm quite glad it hasn't worked out for Debuchy at Arsenal. He was always average.

5 minutes ago, Toony said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we went in with a loan deal with a view to buy.

We do need a left-back so I would be open to the deal but I don't want to be paying over the odds. On another note, I'm quite glad it hasn't worked out for Debuchy at Arsenal. He was always average.

I'd imagine we will want to sell, I expect us to clear quite a few out this summer and I highly doubt we will send any first-teamers out on loan. 

Debuchy actually started quite well for us, but then he got quite a serious injury and then Bellerin emerged out of nowhere. No matter how unlucky he was, he has had a pretty stinking attitude and I think he will finally be rid of this summer.

2 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Sead Kolasanic has officially signed for us on a free from Schalke. Never seen him personally, but I have heard a lot of positive views on him. I assume this will be then end of Gibbs' time at Arsenal unfortunately, but it probably best for both sides now.

I'm actually quite happy with this signing because I know that two summers ago Simeone was after him big time and then for whatever reason it didn't happen. Atleti under Simeone don't follow crap defenders. 

Edited by SirBalon

From the videos I've seen he is a very aggressive tackler (without being too reckless like Xhaka), very physical, no one's gonna get past him easily. He also runs well with the ball and picks out good crosses. Contributed to quite a few goals this season. Very happy with this signing.

Now Mbappe. Please.

Edited by ...Dan

4 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

From the videos I've seen he is a very aggressive tackler (without being too reckless like Xhaka), very physical, no one's gonna get past him easily. He also runs well with the ball and picks out good crosses. Contributed to quite a few goals this season. Very happy with this signing.

Now Mbappe. Please.

Would you even match the 130 million fee, and why would he prefer a move to a Europa league club managed by Wenger vs Real Madrid? 

Not a dig, just a genuine question. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Would you even match the 130 million fee, and why would he prefer a move to a Europa league club managed by Wenger vs Real Madrid? 

He (Mbappé) did make a comment the other day about only playing where he's going to be a first team player.  Now, how much that is true when clubs like Real Madrid come knocking on your door I don't know.  But at Arsenal he would play without a doubt as we are more or less on the same status as Monaco on the European stage right now.

Just now, Cicero said:

Wenger seems to be going all out for this one. I don't know why we can suddenly afford to spend so much (maybe he demanded more transfer budget to stay, maybe he's just been hoarding all the money over these signingless years in preparation for something like this) but he's really going for it.

I've read that our offers have been lower than Real's but with more upfront.

Wenger was at his house last year, they have a relationship already. He wants guaranteed first team football and he'd definitely get it here.

Also we're not the kind of club that makes massive bids without knowing the player is interested. That's the thing that gives me the most hope.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much, we've been here too many times before.

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Wenger seems to be going all out for this one. I don't know why we can suddenly afford to spend so much (maybe he demanded more transfer budget to stay, maybe he's just been hoarding all the money over these signingless years in preparation for something like this) but he's really going for it.

I've read that our offers have been lower than Real's but with more upfront.

Wenger was at his house last year, they have a relationship already. He wants guaranteed first team football and he'd definitely get it here.

Also we're not the kind of club that makes massive bids without knowing the player is interested. That's the thing that gives me the most hope.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much, we've been here too many times before.

Wenger was at his house was he? Wonder if Arsenal will get reported for tapping up?

Or maybe Wenger visits lots of teenage boys houses not football related? :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Arsenal are just looking active at the moment to please the likes of Ozil, Sanchez and also the fans who have this week to renew their season ticket.  I can guarantee in a months time Arsenal will still not of signed anyone else apart from some average Bosinian who played for a team in Germany that were fighting relegation.

Edited by VanPanna

16 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Olivier Giroud has issued a warning to Arsenal saying he will not tolerate another season on the bench.

:rofl:

Why?

I beg your pardon Messieur Giroud...  Based on what exactly do you have a right to not tolerate something like that.  I'd get it if you were Lucas Pérez or maybe what occurred to Lucas Podolski.  But you, mister, have had plenty of time to prove yourself and you have earned a good living from mediocrity.

I have never seen that LB play before but I read on some facebook pages that he is a very good player. Hoping they are right and he indeed is a good player, Monreal still should be the number one LB as he is pretty solid most of the time and this could mean Gibbs is out which I dont mind. Still need a good CB since Kos is on the wrong side of 30 and Per is retiring, Gabriel is pretty bad IMO. Still not convinced that Wenger is really going for Mbappe.

The Times have reported that talks of Wenger having to replace some of his backroom staff have ended. Apparently it was part if his new deal that he needed to freshen his backroom team up, but Wenger stood firm and the club have backed down. How utterly pathetic if true.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/victory-for-wenger-as-his-staff-get-new-deals-3qtsl9sf7

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

The Times have reported that talks of Wenger having to replace some of his backroom staff have ended. Apparently it was part if his new deal that he needed to freshen his backroom team up, but Wenger stood firm and the club have backed down. How utterly pathetic if true.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/victory-for-wenger-as-his-staff-get-new-deals-3qtsl9sf7

There you have it!

For the past three years Wenger has commented on how he wants to help Arsenal in the transition for when he goes.  These days no top club anywhere in the world has a "manager" and are all headed by a coach with a technical backroom staff that also sits on the board so as to do everything from contract renewals to signings while listening to advice from the head coach but ultimately those professionals deciding what's best.

Arsene Wenger is stagnating the football side of the club year upon year and by the time he finally does leave (which seems to be an eternity), he will have ruined all options for the club to structure itself properly and start functioning like a football club in the twenty first century.

I've been bloody going on about this for years!

Edited by SirBalon

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

There you have it!

For the past three years Wenger has commented on how he wants to help Arsenal in the transition for when he goes.  These days no top club anywhere in the world has a "manager" and are all headed by a coach with a technical backroom staff that also sits on the board so as to do everything from contract renewals to signings while listening to advice from the head coach but ultimately those professionals deciding what's best.

Arsene Wenger is stagnating the football side of the club year upon year and by the time he finally does leave (which seems to be an eternity), he will have ruined all options for the club to structure itself properly and start functioning like a football club in the twenty first century.

I've been bloody going on about this for years!

Totally with you mate. It's clear out current structure isn't working so why do we keep continuing with it? An FA Cup win shouldn't cover for our shite league campaign and embarrassing European exit.

Ivan Gazidis looks a fool now after he claimed this summer would be a catalyst for change after our poor season. Obviously there is no change and we will find ourselves in the same shit situation in 2 years with everyone claiming we can't let Wenger go because we have nothing in place to replace him.

2 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

It's clear out current structure isn't working so why do we keep continuing with it?

Says only the fans. If the owners, board or Wenger really thought this isnt working then they would have changed something like changing the manager himself or the staff for starters. The thing is its working for them, maybe not for fans who want the club to be competing in every competition but as long as the owners are happy with the CL qualification money and an FA cup every now and then nothing is going to change.