talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Neverending German Football Quiz

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

I just hope you knew I meant 1860 when I referred to 'that other munich club' xD I really try to not use any outside reference

I know you meant it xD  that's why you got one of your points (question 6) :P 

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just had a look at a map. I somehow expected Aue to be far more east for some reason. xD

It can be quite tricky... I didn't expect Freiburg to be  THAT south myself xD 

Is Turkgucu that club founded by Turkish immigrants? Surprised that the FA allows 'ethnic based' clubs to be founded, IIRC it was banned in Australia because it was too divisive for people to handle (or at least the naming conventions). Don't really need Serbs and Croats having another reason to throw bricks at eachother in the greater Sydney area.

I bet there are quite a few people that dislike Turkgucu

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is Turkgucu that club founded by Turkish immigrants? Surprised that the FA allows 'ethnic based' clubs to be founded, IIRC it was banned in Australia because it was too divisive for people to handle (or at least the naming conventions). Don't really need Serbs and Croats having another reason to throw bricks at eachother in the greater Sydney area.

I bet there are quite a few people that dislike Turkgucu

There was recently an article in Kicker about immigrant-found or related clubs. Apparently, there are over 700 of such clubs in Germany, with the Turkish, Greeks and Croatians being the best represented. 

ea926cdb-ac81-4963-9c2c-304a72572b3f.jpe

A decent read: https://www.kicker.de/713-chancen-migrationsvereine-auf-der-deutschlandkarte-865981/artikel

And yeah, a lot of people dislike Türkgücü, me included. Not because of their Turkish roots and name, but because they are just another investor plaything taking advantage of loopholes.

I am sorry to inform you that the results are not yet finalised. There is still an ongoing investigation.

Unfortunately, there are some indications of irregularities, both in the questions themselves and in the evaluation.

But do not worry. The investigation is in the best hands.

@Tommy, @Stan, @CaaC (John) and me will work on it to the best of our abilities and publish the results here as soon as possible.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I am sorry to inform you that the results are not yet finalised. There is still an ongoing investigation.

Unfortunately, there are some indications of irregularities, both in the questions themselves and in the evaluation.

@Tommy, @Stan, @CaaC (John) and me will work on it to the best of our abilities and publish the results here as soon as possible.

Sheesh im glad im not the only one thinking this then. I was sure my German geography was better then that :35_thinking:

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Coma said:

I was sure that I read Aue had the highest altitude stadium in Germany. Maybe it was the highest in terms of weed consumption. Or maybe I was consuming weed.

Erzgebirgsstadion is situated 368m above sea level.

• Subscriber

I've probably mentioned before how Bochum are a bit of a second team to me and my immediate thought when seeing their badge was "1848?!?! The fuck?". So yeah, I knew the history there on that one.

Miffed I put Aachen for the most west. That is right but it isn't because they're not in the top 3 leagues, which surprised me. I did a decent FM save with them once.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Dan said:

Miffed I put Aachen for the most west. That is right but it isn't because they're not in the top 3 leagues, which surprised me. I did a decent FM save with them once.

West is towards the left mate.

:D 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Faithcore said:

47 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Sheesh im glad im not the only one thinking this then. I was sure my German geography was better then that :35_thinking:

I've concluded my section of the investigation and the results determined are astounding. Took me by surprise!

How about you @Tommy @CaaC (John) @Faithcore?

55 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Due to the ongoing investigation, I'm afraid I can't say too much yet, but my source has told me that the geography questions seem to be based on some Lithuanian map of Germany from the 1980s (for children).

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

John just won't show his cards. That is the mark of a good investigator.

I think he actually is already way ahead of us.

This makes me an even better investigator. I was just kidding but you fell for it.

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Standings after Round 10:

1. Rucksackfranzose - 70 pts
  2. Faithcore - 63 pts
  3. Tommy - 47 pts
  4. SchalkeUK - 29 pts
  5. Stan - 26 pts
  6. Deco - 21 pts
  7. Viva la FCB - 17 pts
  8. Dan - 16 pts
  9. Spike - 9 pts
  10. Khan of TF365 - 8 pts
    ROBBIEFC - 8 pts
  11. Coma - 6 pts
  12. Relling - 2 pts

Once again, let me know if there are any mistakes! New round will be coming next week, hopefully.

I am not on here. 

#Crushed. 

Archived