talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Neverending German Football Quiz

4 hours ago, Dan said:

I've probably mentioned before how Bochum are a bit of a second team to me and my immediate thought when seeing their badge was "1848?!?! The fuck?". So yeah, I knew the history there on that one.

Miffed I put Aachen for the most west. That is right but it isn't because they're not in the top 3 leagues, which surprised me. I did a decent FM save with them once.

I put that initially but then changed it to Saarbrucken. Still wrong.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Here we go again...

@Coma @Dan @Eco @Faithcore @Khan of TF365 @ROBBIEFC @Rucksackfranzose @Spike @Stan @Tommy @Viva la FCB

Round 11

1. Name a German club which had to change their training camp hotel after they realised that the hotel was also hosting a Russian beauty contest with over 400 participants at the same time, and the club management were concerned that the players would not be able to focus on football? Additional point for naming the country where it happened. (2 pts.)

2. Which former German footballer could have become a professional skier but chose a career in football over skiing? (1 pt)

3. Name a former Bundesliga player who got sent off for pulling down his opponent's (also a former Bundesliga player) shorts during a World Cup Qualifying match? Bonus point for naming the other player, too (2 pts)

4. During a Bundesliga match in the 70s, one team started the second half and played for 5 minutes without their goalkeeper because they forgot him in the dressing room during the halftime break and nobody noticed it. Which club was that and what was the name of the goalkeeper? Additional point for also naming the club they were playing against. (3 pts)

5. Who was the first player in the history of the Bundesliga to be fined and banned for diving? (1 pt)

6. Name a former Bundesliga and German NT player who has a nickname based on an animal character from a Pixar animated movie. Extra point for correctly naming the character as well. (2 pts)

7. Name a former Bundesliga manager who made his players walk barefoot over broken glass as a mental exercise? What was the club he was managing at the time? (2 pts)

8. What is the record for the longest stoppage time in an official match in German football (how many minutes)? (1 pt)

9. Name a former Bundesliga and German NT player who is a motorsports fan, has recently test-driven a race car on the Nürburgring and is considering becoming a racing driver after his football career. (1 pt)

10. Name a former German player who used to live in squats, worked in kindergarten for disabled children, and took a 6 month break from professional football in order to travel to Nicaragua to volunteer in development projects. (1 pt)

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Here we go again...

@Coma @Dan @Eco @Faithcore @Khan of TF365 @ROBBIEFC @Rucksackfranzose @Spike @Stan @Tommy @Viva la FCB

Round 11

1. Name a German club which had to change their training camp hotel after they realised that the hotel was also hosting a Russian beauty contest with over 400 participants at the same time, and the club management were concerned that the players would not be able to focus on football? Additional point for naming the country where it happened. (2 pts.)

2. Which former German footballer could have become a professional skier but chose a career in football over skiing? (1 pt)

3. Name a former Bundesliga player who got sent off for pulling down his opponent's (also a former Bundesliga player) shorts during a World Cup Qualifying match? Bonus point for naming the other player, too (2 pts)

4. During a Bundesliga match in the 70s, one team started the second half and played for 5 minutes without their goalkeeper because they forgot him in the dressing room during the halftime break and nobody noticed it. Which club was that and what was the name of the goalkeeper? Additional point for also naming the club they were playing against. (3 pts)

5. Name a former Bundesliga and German NT player who has 23 names of his family members tattooed on his body. (1 pt)
Jerome Boateng

6. Name a former Bundesliga and German NT player who has a nickname based on an animal character from a Pixar animated movie. Extra point for correctly naming the character as well. (2 pts)

7. Name a former Bundesliga manager who made his players walk barefoot over broken glass as a mental exercise? What was the club he was managing at the time? (2 pts)

8. What is the record for the longest stoppage time in an official match in German football (how many minutes)? (1 pt)

9. Name a former Bundesliga and German NT player who is a motorsports fan, has recently test-driven a race car on the Nürburgring and is considering becoming a racing driver after his football career. (1 pt)

10. Name a former German player who used to live in squats, worked in kindergarten for disabled children, and took a 6 month break from professional football in order to travel to Nicaragua to volunteer in development projects. (1 pt)

I think #5 you left the answer there. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

NO! 

Don't do it. 

I need all the help I can get. 

Sorry... We're taking fair play very seriously here! 😇 

New question is posted to replace the Boateng one.

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I was taking a quick peruse through the questions and was gunna say Ill answer these later or tomorrow but time isnt going to make me know the answers, might as well guess sooner rather then later :what: 

Same. Just get it over with like ripping off a bandaid. 

• Administrator
On 06/08/2021 at 21:49, nudge said:

Here we go again...

Round 11

5. Who was the first player in the history of the Bundesliga to be fined and banned for diving? (1 pt)

I'm looking for the question where you ask if you can participate in Mafia Wars? 😄

Archived