talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

One of 3 CB's we have been linked with, price seems a bit steep though  ..is he really any better than Otamendi??

I don't think it's close between Otamendi and Van Dijk. The latter is such a classy player.

I think he'll bring more to your team than Otamendi purely because he's so much more comfortable with the ball at his feet in keeping with Pep's build it up from the back/possession play style. He makes what he does look effortless and I'd also say he's very imposing for attackers because of his build. 

Otamendi can be a bit too rash for me, you know there is a mistake in there. I do rate him but I wouldn't have him over Van Dijk.

The potential partnership of Van Dijk and John Stones (with another year's experience under his belt and another year's development with Pep) could be really exciting for City as defenders go.

17 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Just read that Chelsea have the worst record of all the clubs in england for intergrating youth into the first team. 

Its not happening mate. 

I gave hope years ago, doesn't stop a boy from dreaming.

Be gutting not to get Van Dijk...we need a CB, LB and RB backup. Sky also saying we've pulled out of the race for the young Sessengnon, which would be disappointing because him, AA and Clyne competing for RB would be ideal.

12 hours ago, Cicero said:

Midfield boost is needed, Kante was the only one playing well through the season. Matić was hot and cold, more cold than hot and Fabregas was an impact player. Shame we didn't use Chalobah more as he proved he is up to the task. Depends to see if we see any of them leave, if yes one more addition is needed in the midfield.

49 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Be gutting not to get Van Dijk...we need a CB, LB and RB backup. Sky also saying we've pulled out of the race for the young Sessengnon, which would be disappointing because him, AA and Clyne competing for RB would be ideal.

Sessignon is a LB mate

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

I don't think it's close between Otamendi and Van Dijk. The latter is such a classy player.

I think he'll bring more to your team than Otamendi purely because he's so much more comfortable with the ball at his feet in keeping with Pep's build it up from the back/possession play style. He makes what he does look effortless and I'd also say he's very imposing for attackers because of his build. 

Otamendi can be a bit too rash for me, you know there is a mistake in there. I do rate him but I wouldn't have him over Van Dijk.

The potential partnership of Van Dijk and John Stones (with another year's experience under his belt and another year's development with Pep) could be really exciting for City as defenders go.

You have to remember Otamendi is far more exposed with our all out attacking style, he was one of the best defenders in Spain, will Van Dijk look as good in a team that doesn't park the bus?  ..Mangla looked brill on tell he was exposed by our system, Stones has struggled at times after looking great at Everton  

38 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You have to remember Otamendi is far more exposed with our all out attacking style, he was one of the best defenders in Spain, will Van Dijk look as good in a team that doesn't park the bus?  ..Mangla looked brill on tell he was exposed by our system, Stones has struggled at times after looking great at Everton  

Van Dijk plays for Holland so he is used to being exposed

20 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

We were talking about players Chelsea have signed for big fees. Our conversation was nothing to do with youth players we have produced.

But thanks for taking an interest  :ay:

Which I now see after going back over the discussion. Partly @LFCMadLad's fault for slipping in his little post about youth football. :$ [Think I palmed of the blame well enough there. Time to get my coat :eek:]

Archived