talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

On 6/22/2017 at 7:40 AM, Happy Blue said:

Manchester City are in talks to sign four new full-backs as they close in on a series of deals

Right-back duo Dani Alves and Kyle Walker, and left-back pair Ryan Bertrand and Benjamin Mendy

Where would they all play???? as in what the hell with with all this rumours about City signing at least 5 defenders??? Funny enough, Guardiola lays more emphasis on is attacking setup rather than defending.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Especially if they prefer Matic over Fabinho. 

I don't think they were ever gonna sign Matic though, don't rate him, too one footed and Fabinho over him in CDM all day.

3 hours ago, robosys said:

Where would they all play???? as in what the hell with with all this rumours about City signing at least 5 defenders??? Funny enough, Guardiola lays more emphasis on is attacking setup rather than defending.

Rotation and injury cover, we have just got rid of 4 defenders and they need replacing

"Manchester City are only willing to pay £35 million for Kyle Walker, while Tottenham value the defender at £50 million"

Yeah, i hope we don't go over 35m on a 28 year old defender, Mendy is only costing us 39m and he's 22  ..a line has to be drawn

4 hours ago, robosys said:

Last season's defenders aren't found out of position enough for his liking.

Apparently we are all in on Lacazette. Not really too sure how to feel about this one, if he was that good I just don't think he'd still be at Lyon. His going to cost around 50m euros so a big outlay, it seems our apparent interest in Mbappe was not true then. Although there still is talk, but I just can't see it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign Lacazette & Lemar and then let Alexis & maybe Ozil go.

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I wonder how many times the word "apparently" has been used in this thread xD

It's the sign of a half decent poster. Never going all in when it comes to things being reported by the press as being definite.

11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Heard about the Andre Gray rumour and hoped that it was just paper talk, surely he's a massive come down from Sandro and Dembele who we've been linked with too? 

Burnley will probably try to fleece us too knowing that we have money and the fact that we're taking their best asset. 

That story says it'll take £10 million which would be fine. They'll be looking to make the money on Keane. 

I think he's a good option if we decide to go two up top and coming off the bench. 

Martinez to City?

Manchester City are set to sign Bayern Munich star Javi Martinez, according to reports breaking on Saturday.

Pep Guardiola was believed to be drafting in a mystery centre-half and it looks as though it’s Martinez. The pair have worked together before during Guardiola’s time as Bayern manager. Martinez impressed with his versatility.

BT Sport journalist Anthony Harris regularly covers City and claims that Martinez and Dani Alves will have medicals with the club next week

40 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Martinez to City?

Manchester City are set to sign Bayern Munich star Javi Martinez, according to reports breaking on Saturday.

Pep Guardiola was believed to be drafting in a mystery centre-half and it looks as though it’s Martinez. The pair have worked together before during Guardiola’s time as Bayern manager. Martinez impressed with his versatility.

BT Sport journalist Anthony Harris regularly covers City and claims that Martinez and Dani Alves will have medicals with the club next week

I thought he was a teacher?! 

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

We are 'APPARENTLY' on the verge of signing Ox from Arsenal. 

That's nice, but I'm concerned that him and Salah have came before a LB, CB or DM....i know we will have offers out for many players but it's just a bit naff that our only advanced ones are for positions we already have plenty of players in. It adds to the overall squad, and that's good, but there are big gaps that need fixed first.

On 05/03/2017 at 1:24 PM, Cicero said:

Linked with Bonucci again

16 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Martinez to City?

Good that good that we are in for another defender 

• Administrator

Believe we have had a £27m offer accepted for Iheanacho. Man City wanted a buy back clause of between £30m-40m but 1) we didn't want to have one in at all and 2) there was no way we were going to have it that low when the original asking price is so high.

I think there's still a buy back clause in but at least double the transfer fee. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Believe we have had a £27m offer accepted for Iheanacho. Man City wanted a buy back clause of between £30m-40m but 1) we didn't want to have one in at all and 2) there was no way we were going to have it that low when the original asking price is so high.

I think there's still a buy back clause in but at least double the transfer fee. 

Fair play if we've actually gotten rid of the buy back. My understanding was we were going to get him for £25mil with a £40mil buy back clause so either we've managed to get rid of the buy back for an extra £2mil (that's admittedly unlikely) or all along it was bullshit.

I do think there is potential for this to be a flop, but there's as much potential for it to be a superb signing.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Fair play if we've actually gotten rid of the buy back. My understanding was we were going to get him for £25mil with a £40mil buy back clause so either we've managed to get rid of the buy back for an extra £2mil (that's admittedly unlikely) or all along it was bullshit.

I do think there is potential for this to be a flop, but there's as much potential for it to be a superb signing.

I'm told there is a buy back clause of £54m.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm told there is a buy back clause of £54m.

I completely ignored that bit for some reason.

Fifty four million xD!! Jesus Christ.

For that to ever come in, he'd have to be pretty outstanding for us. He's got to show exceptional form for Man City to want to pay that back for him.

Archived