talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Everton doing solid smart business. Every signing has been quality in my opinion. No guarantees they will work but there is a lot of potential in all their deals. 

Riyad Mahrez to us is getting thrown around a lot recently. Again very underwhelming, we have gone for a name again. Him and Lacazette will be about £80m and I don't think we have really improved. We have completely downgraded if Giroud and Sanchez go.

Not if Fourth Official on Twitter is to be believed. They reckon £28.2mil which I think is pathetic on our part for a bloke who has won Premier League player of the season and still has years left in him. That's less than Newcastle pulled in for Sissoko a year ago, pretty much the same as what Bolasie went for, for some context. I get that he didn't have a great year but we were collectively awful for a lot of last season and I can't put it all on him. He's shown he can do it and it was no fluke.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Everton getting some proper credit for signing mid-table and relegated players. 

They will be better next season but will still finish 7th. I'll bet any money on it!

IMG_4582.JPG.655596afd34274a9642c0747f6d241a4.JPG

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

They will be better next season but will still finish 7th. I'll bet any money on it!

I think they're signing well but it makes me laugh how carried away people have got with this TV deal that they're calling Pickford for £30mil and Keane for £25mil bargains. Sandro is the bargain. Those two are about what I'd expect to pay.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Pickford is the only relegated player we've signed. Keane was very good for Burnley last season, while Klaassen was Ajax captain who has averaged over 10 goals a season from midfield the last four years, and Sandro Ramirez who scored 16 in 31 in Spain last season :coffee:.

We've not necessarily signed any players who Chelsea or Man City would be interested in but we've signed four players there who will go straight into our first team and improve it. There's every chance we'll still finish 7th next season but if you improve the squad it's a good summer, keep chipping away with good business in each transfer window and you'll eventually climb the table.

P.S. I know you're partially fishing.

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Pickford is the only relegated player we've signed. Keane was very good for Burnley last season, while Klaassen was Ajax captain who has averaged over 10 goals a season from midfield the last four years, and Sandro Ramirez who scored 16 in 31 in Spain last season :coffee:.

We've not necessarily signed any players who Chelsea or Man City would be interested in but we've signed four players there who will go straight into our first team and improve it. There's every chance we'll still finish 7th next season but if you improve the squad it's a good summer, keep chipping away with good business in each transfer window and you'll eventually climb the table.

P.S. I know you're partially fishing.

I'm not fishing mate. Believe it or not I'd rather Everton finish above United but I just don't see the signings you are making propelling you into the top 6. 

Solid signings but only to confirm 7th in my opinion.  

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I'm not fishing mate. Believe it or not I'd rather Everton finish above United but I just don't see the signings you are making propelling you into the top 6. 

Solid signings but only to confirm 7th in my opinion.  

Time will tell but there's no way we're going to attract the type of players that are guaranteed to push you into the top six at the moment. Who is better than these players that we could realistically sign?

We're buying about as well as we realistically can at the moment, a bunch of players in their early twenties who already have a solid record at a solid level and have room to improve while we've also got a raft of young talent, half of whom won't have a long term future in our first team because that's always the way, but the other half will continue to push us on.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Time will tell but there's no way we're going to attract the type of players that are guaranteed to push you into the top six at the moment. Who is better than these players that we could realistically sign?

We're buying about as well as we realistically can at the moment, a bunch of players in their early twenties who already have a solid record at a solid level and have room to improve while we've also got a raft of young talent, half of whom won't have a long term future in our first team because that's always the way, but the other half will continue to push us on.

Totally agree! We had the same problem for years... not being able to attract the players cabable of taking us to the next level. 

You have made some good signings though and it's nailed on that you'll finish in the top 7. 

The best signing we made last season was a relegated player. Not to mention Liverpool threw out about £25 million for one as well the same summer. 

There's good players there. 

10 minutes ago, HK85 said:

The best signing we made last season was a relegated player. Not to mention Liverpool threw out about £25 million for one as well the same summer. 

There's good players there. 

I agree and I'm not knocking you lot. The difference is though is that we had a very decent squad to build on with Sturridge, Firmino, Coutinho, Mane, Lallana, Henderson...etc

The only player you lot have to build on was Lukaku and he's off. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I agree and I'm not knocking you lot. The difference is though is that we had a very decent squad to build on with Sturridge, Firmino, Coutinho, Mane, Lallana, Henderson...etc

The only player you lot have to build on was Lukaku and he's off. 

I know you probably don't mean it  but you are coming across a little condescending I think. I realise Liverpool have qualified for the Champions League but you would think there is another dimension between yourselves and Everton the way you are discussing their signings compared to what you have.

Everton have made some very impressive signings IMO and I've never seen their board back a manager as confidently as they are backing Koeman now, and it's a real statement of intent. Everton have been used to a lot of mediocrity over the years so they have every right to be getting excited about what's happening there.

For me, they deserve credit for the calibre of players they have brought in so far and they are only going to get better under Koeman. I have to say, and I'm not wumming here, I really wouldn't rule them out finishing above you next season, particularly now you don't have midweek games off anymore.

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I know you probably don't mean it  but you are coming across a little condescending I think. I realise Liverpool have qualified for the Champions League but you would think there is another dimension between yourselves and Everton the way you are discussing their signings compared to what you have.

Everton have made some very impressive signings IMO and I've never seen their board back a manager as confidently as they are backing Koeman now, and it's a real statement of intent. Everton have been used to a lot of mediocrity over the years so they have every right to be getting excited about what's happening there.

For me, they deserve credit for the calibre of players they have brought in so far and they are only going to get better under Koeman. I have to say, and I'm not wumming here, I really wouldn't rule them out finishing above you next season, particularly now you don't have midweek games off anymore.

Condescending how? I've said they have made some solid signings?

They don't have midweek games off either, in fact they have a worse schedule than us being in the Europe League. 

I'll bet you £1000 they don't finish above us! Seriously. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

They don't have midweek games off either, in fact they have a worse schedule than us being in the Europe League. 

I'll bet you £1000 they don't finish above us! Seriously. 

Screenshot_20170703-213926.thumb.png.7192b1d035d273d0208b721be743725f.png

Go on then, put your money where your mouth is B|. Bet365 -> Soccer -> Antepost Betting -> Season Match Bets -> English Premier League 17/18.

Screenshot of bet slip expected :)

I'm with you Madlad, but then again I've pretty much said it for all the big clubs signings.

So much money thrown around but how many would get in our team? Very few if any. 

Everton spending loads of money, and fair play to them trying to improve the team and squad, but currently I don't think it takes them any higher. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Screenshot_20170703-213926.thumb.png.7192b1d035d273d0208b721be743725f.png

Go on then, put your money where your mouth is B|. Bet365 -> Soccer -> Antepost Betting -> Season Match Bets -> English Premier League 17/18.

Screenshot of bet slip expected :)

The odds of Liverpool finishing above Everton on a betting site isn't worth me putting £1000 on it. 

I'll happily have an evens bet with anyone on here. 

• Administrator

I think Everton have improved their squad, especially with the signings of Pickford and Keane. They're not finishing above Liverpool this season though. 

Everton will probably do better than last season for themelves (points-wise and possibly other competitions) but in the Premier League, Liverpool will be above them. 

I'm sceptical about their signings too, is Michael Keane really a massive upgrade on someone like Ashley Williams? Comparing them to the teams around them, is Klassen close to or better than Pogba, Ramsey, Coutinho, Alli etc?

I think what's good for Everton is they're all young so they can grow over the course of a few years together and they won't have the worry of an ageing squad, but they were 15 points off of the Champions League last season, unless they have more up their sleeves I think it'll be difficult to make that up.

Archived