talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

£65 million is too much. We're getting absolutely rinsed if we pay that.

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be thinking it's worth it for the banter lol.

There's also a good case for him being the best defenders in the league. The prices are fucking crazy though.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Too much is too much for me. Getting £75m + add ons for Lukaku is great business. Spending £65m of that on a centre half is awful business.

But that great business will 1.) Let everyone know you have a lot of money, 2.) Allow you to be able to meet the demands to sign your top choice playerds.

Now that you're minted and also getting that Lukaku cash, bargains will be a bit more rare. But you can now bring in top talent. A fair trade off.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

But that great business will 1.) Let everyone know you have a lot of money, 2.) Allow you to be able to meet the demands to sign your top players.

Now that you're minted and also getting that Lukaku cash, bargains will be a bit more rare. But you can now bring in top talent. A fair trade off.

Perfectly happy for us to go through with this deal if it's on the cards, it's not my money after all and if it's there to spend then fine, I just think surely you can get a better value deal than that.

• Subscriber

Anyway, some latest odds on some Premier League potential signings this window:

Sanchez to City - Evens

Lukaku to Man Utd - 1/12

Giroud to Everton - 5/4

Hart to West Ham - 6/5

Oxlade-Chamberlain to Liverpool - 5/4

Alex Sandro to Chelsea - 8/13

Andrew Robertson to Liverpool - 1/5

Ben Gibson to West Brom - 8/11

Mendy to City - 1/12

Assombalonga to Watford - 8/11

Dani Alves to City - 1/20

Delph to Stoke - 4/7

Sigurdsson to Everton - 4/6

Perisic to United - 4/6

Wilshere to West Ham - 4/6

Iheanacho to Leicester - 1/10

Walker to City - 4/11

Markovic to Watford - 6/4

Lucas Leiva to Gremio - 13/8

Lucas Perez to Sevilla - 13/8

Sakho to Palace - 5/4

Darmian to Juventus - 8/11

Keita to Liverpool - 4/5

Matic to United - 1/3

Patrick Roberts to Celtic - Evens

Mahrez to Arsenal - 1/4

Barkley to Tottenham - 8/11

Bertrand to City - 1/2

Sam Johnstone to Villa - 4/7

Lemar to Arsenal - 5/6

Deeney to Leicester - 8/11

Van Dijk to Liverpool - 5/4

Rooney to Everton - 1/20

These are all the ones that have a transfer to or from a Premier League club down as the most likely outcome at the moment. If they're not mentioned they're either touted to stay at their clubs or in the case of the likes of Fabinho, are now odds on to go from a foreign club to another foreign club so are not included in this.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, robosys said:

I know the chances of this happening is slim but with the signings from Everton, what if they pull a QPR :ph34r:

Hmm, 80/1 on us to win the league, 100/1 for us to be relegated. I have to agree with the bookies' assessment there xD.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

If we sign Lukaku, i would advise United to put Jose on suicide note :banana:

To be honest I think Jose would much rather have Morata than Lukaku. Lukaku seems like to much of a clumsy player for Jose not to lose his head over.

The player he'd most love is Diego Costa, that dirty cunt quality that he has will turn Jose on.

• Subscriber

I think we'll sign another out and out striker to replace Lukaku with Klaassen, Sandro, Mirallas, Rooney, Barkley/Sigurdsson making up the three behind them. Sandro may play up front at times, Rooney might but not often in my opinion. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Is Sandro not a more of a #10 striker as opposed to possibly being used in some 'false nine' role just behind a striker?

He's been described as playing across the front line so sounds like he could be deployed as a striker, a second striker or a wide forward. 

Archived