talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thomas Partey - Arsenal Sign Atletico Midfielder

Seems we are actually interested, not sure who the player is we are offering. Talk is Guendouzi but I feel we would be selling him cheap at that price. Would be surprised if Atletico turned that offer down which makes me wonder if it is him. Typical Arsenal though €50m is a more than fair price for me. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.55417651642e26d7dcddc4e22a4074da.png

Arsenal to abandon Partey pursuit

Arsenal has opted to abandon their pursuit of Atletico Madrid defensive midfielder Thomas Partey, according to Spanish paper Sport, via the Express.Arrow.png.cc6dae068556a565bf5ed0519e048150.png

Partey has been linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium for the majority of the summer so far, but as Atletico have set their asking price, the Gunners have chosen not to pursue the Ghanaian.

Atletico set a £45m price-tag on Partey, a price that Arsenal believe is too steep at this moment in time.

The 27-year-old made 35 appearances for Diego Simeone’s men last season, helping his side finish in third in the La Liga table. (football.Iondon)Arrow.png.cc6dae068556a565bf5ed0519e048150.png

• The title was changed to The Partey Is Cancelled for Arsenal
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

That was virtually the one signing they needed to make to reinforce their midfield. 

Most definitely, they have continuously signed poor midfielders over recent years, he would of been a good one!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Thomas Partey - Arsenal Move Potentially Back on?
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Great signing for Arsenal, annoyingly. Also, love the shithousing towards Atletico. 

Every single Atletico player and Diego Simeone took a pay cut to ensure that every person involved with the club had a living wage, what did Arsenal do? Hmmm.

Just now, Spike said:

Every single Atletico player and Diego Simeone took a pay cut to ensure that every person involved with the club had a living wage, what did Arsenal do? Hmmm.

I’m not defending Arsenal’s treatment towards their staff, it’s awful. I’m merely saying that I like Atletico being mugged off. 

Arsenal is getting a complete midfielder, one of the best in the world. With Thomas in the mdfield and with the return of Martinelli, I feel like Arsenal has a fairly decent shot at top 4 this season.

On the other side of things, Simeone has every right to be angry. If you´re gonna pay the release clause why wait until the last day of the transfer window? Especially since Atlético is not even a rival, Arsenal gains nothing from weakening Atleti. On the contrary, it might dificultate negotiations in the future, not only with Atlético but with other spanish clubs, since Tebas is really protective of La Liga clubs in the transfer market. 

• The title was changed to Thomas Partey - Arsenal Sign Atletico Midfielder

Archived