talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Sarri I'd be the most excited about, given what he's done at Napoli and the football they play. 

Then again, as Luke mentioned, we have so many players that don't fit his methods. Having hard working technical central midfielders play a big part, and I'm sure Sarri wouldn't embrace the idea of having Drinkwater, and an ageing Fabregas in his team.  I would however  like to see what he could do with Barkley and Bakayoko 

He should be the one in my opinion to go for, but as mentioned, he must be given full support. If not, we might as well put up a new website when the next manager will be sacked, as this will forever be a continuing theme should our board continue the way they do business. 

Enrique is a gamble. Carlo would set us back tremendously. 

18 hours ago, Stan said:

great, thanks for that. 

wonder if you'll have the same opinion on Hazard if 1) he played for Liverpool or 2) you weren't a Chelsea fan. 

This is the lad who said Salah didn't improve us saying he's not going to take you seriously. If anything that's a good thing.

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2018 at 18:25, LFCMadLad said:

Salah and Hazard play in very similar positions (wide forward) and not once has Hazard posted the numbers Salah has already posted in his very first season at Liverpool, not even close. 

I wouldn’t swap Salah for Hazard, not a chance. 

You need to show more intelligence Madlad, but you are entitled to your opinion, again, yours is one I dont feel the need to take seriously.

Oh, not baiting you this time mate, no need to respond  ;)

On 3/7/2018 at 16:02, Cicero said:

With growing indication that Conte will be gone,  rumored names for next manager are Sarri, Enrique, Ancelotti, and Tuchel 

Who would you lot prefer and why?

@Spike @carefreeluke @True Blue @The Liquidator @Bluewolf

Id like to see former players brought back to the club to install the attitude of a winning mentality that they brought & lived at the club.

Zola now has enough experience elsewhere with inferior players with either one of Drogba Lampard or Terry holding his had. Can you imagine how it would make Chelsea fans feel?

I know this is unlikely, but for me the club, at this time, needs people who have lived the club. I happen to think its the main difference between the last two permanent managers, something I dont think Conte has ever grasped. If you see him on ChelseaTV as often as I do, you would understand what I am poorly trying to express. Jose, for all the faults n mistake during his 2nd time around, had the club through his veins.

With us moving away from Stamford Bridge in the near future, the managers job will become harder than at anytime during this century.

On 3/8/2018 at 14:26, Cicero said:

Sarri I'd be the most excited about, given what he's done at Napoli and the football they play. 

Then again, as Luke mentioned, we have so many players that don't fit his methods. Having hard working technical central midfielders play a big part, and I'm sure Sarri wouldn't embrace the idea of having Drinkwater, and an ageing Fabregas in his team.  I would however  like to see what he could do with Barkley and Bakayoko 

He should be the one in my opinion to go for, but as mentioned, he must be given full support. If not, we might as well put up a new website when the next manager will be sacked, as this will forever be a continuing theme should our board continue the way they do business. 

Enrique is a gamble. Carlo would set us back tremendously. 

Agree!

I have defended Willian since he climbed off of Spurs medical bed a good few years ago. Yeah its taken all that time for him to become the stand out player we thought we signed back then, but I have to say It's nice to see him performing so well. Long may it continue and judging by the managers words after the past game, he is currently the first name on the team sheet.

Pretty sure we are all agreed the game on Saturday should have been finished off before half time, but yet again we were forced to suffer the ending of the game with the oppo still in it. It seems we cant have a game of late without Christensen offering at least one golden chance. I was at the game and the feller next to me he thought we dodged a bullet missing out on Stones, only to get someone else just as unreliable in Christensen. The Stones comparison is true enough, and like Stones, Christensen has built a reputation of having a mistake in him which clubs are trying to pressure him to making every game. Alas he is of late and we have to hope he goes mistake free till the end of the season.

Lots of interesting names being spoken of before the game who are said to be possible summer signings. Cant say how much truth there is in them, but I figure with our track record of late, it wont matter who the new manager is on the clubs new signings.

Since I feel like actually contributing to the forum lately, I'll give my thoughts on squad building.

Goalkeeping
I don't think any changes need to be made here.

Wingbacks/Lateral 'defenders'
Excusing Palmeiri, I don't think Alonso, Moses, and Zappacosta are enough to cut the mustard. I do like what Alonso and Zappacosta bring to the table, I don't believe they are elite but their strengths make up for the weaknesses, however I don't think Moses is up to scratch as his inability to pass or cross the ball is too detrimental to the team. 

Centre halves
Luiz and Rudiger is overkill, they are too aggressive, they'd be more suited to a midfield aggressor role (read: not a defensive midfielder) but Kante already does that and he is elite. Cahill, I like him but he is past it and not a player that is excelling in the three player system. Christensen is fine, Azpilicueta is my favourite Chelsea player but perhaps he should be back in his WB role? That Welsh kid is a future stalwart, I just hope the next manager agrees with Conte. I'm glad he isn't being rushed but I hope he does keep slowly getting more and more minutes. 

Midfield
Kante is elite. Cesc Fabregas, I don't get this guy; maybe he does something I don't see but he never impresses or upsets me. Bakayoko, I like his physical aggression and power but timing and decision making are rotten. I think he gets more time but if he doesn't improve than it's over. Drinkwater and Barkley, I don't know these guys.  An anchorman is pertinent if the team is moving forward with an aggressive CB. 

Forwards
Hazard, Pedro, and Wilian (for the moment) are all elite and should be of no concern. Morata is worrying but I'm patient with him, Giroud is fine and a strong second string player.

This is how I'd line up in the future using Conte's sytem:

The idea is with the dynamism of the wingbacks, and the aggressive passing of a player like Luiz, the midfield would serve as more of a hammer than a rapier. Subverting the use of a traditional midfield playmaker for an anchorman would protect the CBs through the middle and give them chances to defend outwide to support the WBs. One CB presses, one midfielder presses, while the other two CBs retain shape, as does the anchorman.
V8VjDfr.png

So done with 3 at the back and so done with conservative football. Much rather go back to the traditional 4-3-3

Morata

Batshuayi

Giroud

Hazard

Willian

New Winger

Pedro

Kante

New CM

Loftus-Cheek 

Bakayoko

Barkley

Ampadu 

Emerson

Alonso

Azpilicueta

Zappacosta

Rudiger

Christensen

Luiz

New CB

Courtois

Caballero 

• Upvote 1

We should be looking to sell Courtois in the summer. 

Yet another player that doesn't want to be here and continues to talk about Atletico Madrid whilst being proper shit in goal. 

Add Hazard to that. Obviously his heart will always be at Real. 

Sell these two. Along with Cahill, Moses, Cesc. 

That money alone should have us get proper signings. And when I mean proper, I mean players that can benefit or upgrade our side. Not stop gaps. 

Courtois has been piss forever apart from always crying about Madrid. Eden is just not good enough to be the star he needs to be and he is on big wages. Selling them both could be enough funds to get an better keeper and an equally good player with a desire to play for the club. I would keep Cahill for rotation, Moses just in case we keep the wing back formation for cover and Cesc should leave in every scenario.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Courtois has been piss forever apart from always crying about Madrid. Eden is just not good enough to be the star he needs to be and he is on big wages. Selling them both could be enough funds to get an better keeper and an equally good player with a desire to play for the club. I would keep Cahill for rotation, Moses just in case we keep the wing back formation for cover and Cesc should leave in every scenario.

Cahill and Moses are midtable players. 

By no means should we continue to have them when they are massive liabilities. 

Revert to a back 4. Alonso and Emerson. Azpilicueta and Zappacosta. 

Sorted. 

Need to invest heavily on a replacement for Hazard and a quality midfield partner for Kante. Also added depth. 

Morata

Isco---------------------------Willian

Milinkovic-Savic---------Loftus-Cheek

Kante

Emerson----------Rudiger--------Christensen--------Azpilicueta

Allison 

Edited by Cicero

19 hours ago, Cicero said:

Cahill and Moses are midtable players. 

By no means should we continue to have them when they are massive liabilities. 

Revert to a back 4. Alonso and Emerson. Azpilicueta and Zappacosta. 

Sorted. 

Need to invest heavily on a replacement for Hazard and a quality midfield partner for Kante. Also added depth. 

Morata

Isco---------------------------Willian

Milinkovic-Savic---------Loftus-Cheek

Kante

Emerson----------Rudiger--------Christensen--------Azpilicueta

Allison 

That would be a very good side on paper although it would obviously be without Conte because just through pride he won't revert back to a 4-4-2 due to the criticism he's now getting on the 3 at the back.

You're obviously up on what's going on in Madrid with Isco who is dying to leave and is causing all sorts of issues with Zidane and what not.  But you do know that Isco would cost an absolute fortune that Hazard wouldn't cover.  Any move by Isco isn't only a footballing one but also political.  Abramović would really have to get to work now big time on that one!  But if you were to get him, then you'd be getting a player that genuinely has the potential to be the best in the world in my personal opinion.