talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

We will be fine in the end.. We will still survive despite the doom and gloom merchants peddling their worse case scenarios about us going under... just got to weather the storm in the meantime and see what's left when we come out the other side of it... sometimes you have to take a step back to take two forward.. riches or not makes no odds to me.. 

1 hour ago, Tar-Mairon said:

If they threw Chelsea out of the league, it'll open up a massive can of worms regarding other owners and their wealth and set a precedent. 

They're juggling trying to seem tough on Putin's lackeys and not completely upsetting the balance of football by fully looking into these owners because Abramovich is not the only one who's obtained his money by questionable means.

Agree on the legal precedent and its knock-on effect in Common Law.

The situation is unique to football in that war time sanctions have never been applied to a UK football club.

The knock-on effect of the sanctions is administration if the owner and buyer cannot agree terms under the permissible conditions of sanctions yet administration does have a precedent and the govt does not bail out football clubs.

Very messy indeed.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

It's just more PR. Genuinely doesn't do a thing as Roman isn't a director in either the club nor Fordstam. 

This Boehly fella seems like a promising candidate. Just need a director of football to match what he's looking for. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

It's just more PR. Genuinely doesn't do a thing as Roman isn't a director in either the club nor Fordstam. 

This Boehly fella seems like a promising candidate. Just need a director of football to match what he's looking for. 

On another forum I sometimes visit listened to Boehly and liked what he was saying about building a complementary squad.

Unfortunately I think it will be a different billionaire that knows little about football yet wants the kudos of a successful club. 

Apparently Abramovich has struck a deal with the Government that allows for the sale of the club to go ahead as planned with discussions currently under way to seal something as early as next Tuesday... 

The bad news is it has to be approved by Boris fucking Johnson who probably knows about as much of football as I do about Quantum Physics... 

Chelsea back for sale after Abramovich strikes deal with UK (msn.com)

Edited by Bluewolf

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apparently it involves a big Tory donor Nick Candy. So literally Johnson selling it to his mates. Could be bad news for Chelsea... 

Well them plebs having it was never going to be a good idea but if we can get a deal done and try and get things back to some sort of normality like selling tickets and merchandise then calming down our sponsors and lifting the amount we can spend on travel then we will just have to work under whatever model comes of it... 

• Subscriber
On 11/03/2022 at 18:21, 6666 said:

He's not necessarily incorrect. Anyone trusting the sincerity of power hungry politicians is being extremely naive. It's bad guys vs. bad guys.

Every single thing he typed out was incorrect and it has nothing to do with trusting politicians. This guy spouts constant garbage, he literally embodies fox news bullshit being spread by regurgitating it at every and any chance. There is 0 fact in any single statement he just made and this isnt a one of. Id block him but it hurts my soul to see this garbage being said anywhere and it needs to be nipped in the bud.

• Upvote 1

I think the new owner will be the one who donates the most to the Ukrainian charity fund nothing to do with suitability so probably another billionaire with little football or even sports knowledge.

Just hope we don't have to go through purchases like Torres and Shevchenko again, it's bad enough with Lukaku though think that was a desperate purchase due to lack of suitable options.

Saudi Media apparently in the running now. Don't know if this is a group independent from the Saudi government (although some would treat it as the same even if it was separate...) but a media group owning a football club seems like a weird situation to me. Like BT buying Bayern Munich.

On 11/03/2022 at 15:37, Bluewolf said:

With Sponsors threatening to pull out and bank accounts being frozen as well as all the other over the top nonsense going on surrounding the club at the moment this has gone way beyond sanctioning just one man but dragging every employee/fan and player through the wringer... Now, and I say this with 100% honesty, if you want to fuck us over and make everyone suffer even more then do it properly, demote us to league 2, clear out all the expense and over the top wage bills for players and let a buyer come in and run all his banknotes under ultra violet lights to make sure there are no dodgy ones in there and work under a low cost model where we spend within our means... 

Top, middle or bottom of the pile this club will survive.. 

@Honey Honey How much is a season ticket for the Toons mate??? looks like I will need to be moving my glory hunting plastic fan arse over to the next big thing... I will start brushing up on Newcastle's previous history so I can sound like an authentic lifetime Toon fan when I am Gan Doon pub and want to make a Propa Neet of it... 

Chelsea till I die.... 

Just as long as you don't start talking like a Gerodie,  it has to be the worst accent in England.

9 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Just as long as you don't start talking like a Gerodie,  it has to be the worst accent in England.

My Mum was a Geordie and a lifelong Newcastle fan.... I think that's why I have always had a soft spot for them

In other news the Government have decided to give us 110Mill to help with our financial woes to help finish the season off due to all the current restrictions in place... Thanks Taxpayer!! 

Seriously though it's just money frozen from tv rights and our finishing positions in the CL and the Prem that we will be getting.. 

Those trying to buy #CFC have been given access to Chelsea’s last set of accounts and their enormous wage bill to minimise the chance of the winning bidder stalling on a deal or pulling out, with Raine hoping a sale could go through by the end of the month.

- @Matt_Law_DT

— Simon Phillips (@siphillipssport) March 14, 2022

Chelsea tell suitors to 'show them the money' as Friday takeover deadline looms. @Matt_Law_DT reports.Chelsea tell suitors to 'show them the money' as Friday takeover deadline looms

— Telegraph Football (@TeleFootball) March 14, 2022

Reports private company Saudi Media Group are preparing to out bid Boehly & Wyss Consortium to 2.8 billion. Deadline Friday. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Reports private company Saudi Media Group are preparing to out bid Boehly & Wyss Consortium to 2.8 billion. Deadline Friday. 

Beat me to it... 

Mohamed Alkhereiji, pictured with Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia and Newcastle owner Mohammed bin Salman, has launched a £2.7bn bid to buy Chelsea

Who is Mohamed Alkhereiji?

Alkhereiji is a Saudi Arabian businessman... and Chelsea fan. He runs the Saudi Media Group - the party behind the £2.7bn bid - and is CEO of the parent company Engineer Holding Group, founded by his father, Abdulelah Alkhereiji.

Alkhereiji has ties to the UK, though, having studied at the Cass Business School in London and also spending three years working at Deutsche Bank.

So, why Chelsea?

A Blues fan, the mega-rich businessman has been spotted at Stamford Bridge before, most-recently for the 1-1 draw against Manchester United in November.

Incidentally, that was also the last time Abramovich graced Stamford Bridge with his presence.

Alkhereiji was also in West London for the 3-1 win over Arsenal in 2017 - famous for Eden Hazard's sensational solo goal.

He and his children are all Chelsea fans - so Alkhereiji has a personal interest in buying the club, as well as a financial one.

Alkhereiji is a Chelsea fan and has been spotted at Stamford Bridge once already this season

Any experience in football?

Actually, yes.

As well as Chelsea, Alkhereiji supports Saudi Arabian giants Al Nassr and even built them a brand new, state-of-the-art stadium - Mrsool Park.

The Saudi Media Group also have links to Al Hilal - who lost 1-0 to the Blues in the semi-final of the Club World Cup earlier this year.

So can Alkhereiji afford Chelsea?

Abramovich has slapped a £3bn price-tag on the club - despite buying them for just £140m in 2003.

However, with the Russian keen to make a quick sale and refusing to pocket any of the proceeds, it's likely he will accept lower bids.

The Saudi Media Group backed by Alkhereiji is claimed to have offered £2.7bn - which could well be enough.

The company turns over a staggering £770million a year - more than enough to afford the club.

However, the Saudi Media Group will likely be backed by other private parties form the Middle Eastern nation as part of a larger consortium.

Simply put, they can afford Chelsea.

Could the bid be blocked?

It's highly unlikely the consortium will have any issues.

Newcastle were recently purchased by the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund - causing controversy due to the nation's human rights record.

However, the consortium who bought the Toon in a £300m takeover were backed by the Saudi government.

The Saudi Media Group led by Alkhereiji is a privately-run entity, not backed by the Saudi - or any other - government.

Therefore, they shouldn't run into any problems on that front.

So if Alkhereiji is successful, what's his vision?

Well, a perfect blend of sentimentality and revolution.

For starters, Alkhereiji wants to renew the contract of club legend Cesar Azpilicueta - who is rumoured to be on the brink of a move to Barcelona.

He also wants to tie down Antonio Rudiger to a new deal - with both defenders out of contract in the summer.

However, Alkhereiji also has one eye on the future - targeting a staggering £1.5bn overhaul of Stamford Bridge after years of false dawns.

The group also want to pour more money into Chelsea's youth system to continue the club's legacy or finding and nurturing top young talent, while also heavily investing in the women's team.

Elsewhere, the Saudi Media Group want to secure bigger and better commercial partnerships for the club - with the Blues recently losing Three and Hyundai after Abramovich was sanctioned.

They plan to use their already extensive connections to land mega-money deals.

The consortium also aim to broaden the Blues fanbase, diving into the 'untapped market' of Saudi Arabia.

7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

We get a Saudi,  you get a saudi,  everyone gets a saudi. 

Well, I don't know how things are going to pan out obviously or who might have the winning bid in the end but I admit I would laugh my fucking arse off if someone came in with the same or even more spending power than Abramovich.... xD

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well, I don't know how things are going to pan out obviously or who might have the winning bid in the end but I admit I would laugh my fucking arse off if someone came in with the same or even more spending power than Abramovich.... xD

In the case of the online gooners taking the mickey out of us the past couple weeks, it would be brilliant. 

Deadline Friday so its going to be an interesting week. 

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1