talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

18th May will be mad for various reasons...

Said months ago I had a feeling it could happen.

But to be honest I expect it to be done by then. If Spurs win it from here they've done incredibly well because their run in is banana skin after banana skin. Chelsea have 4 of their last 6 at home to bottom half teams who will probably have nothing to play for.

I'll be amazed if Chelsea don't win it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Spurs have a crap run-in. Four away games, all tricky. West Ham's probably their best remaining game in a way although you'd fancy them to be up for that. Hull has become a hard place to go, Palace are a tricky side, Leicester is tough to go to.

Man Utd and Arsenal at home. They ought to win both really I'd not be shocked if they won neither. They blew Arsenal at home last year when they should have won.

If you rank the 12 remaining games between the two sides, I'd say Chelsea have 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Granted they need to improve on this. They've been awful here.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not watching the game but am hearing Costa and Matic have had undoubtedly the worst performances in a Chelsea kit. 

Wonderful. Awful game to have it but why am I not surprised? 

to be honest, your whole side have been poor. 

Costa was too busy trying to pick a fight with any Utd player. 

Hazard has been crowded out, ineffective and hasn't been able to find and/or utilise space. to be fair, Utd's tacitcs have been spot on. All the focus was on their 'weakened' line up but they've had far more hunger and desire to win this game. Chelsea have never got going. I don't even think they've created any clear cut chances, not tested De Gea at all. 

We were in general terrible from minute one, United deserved their win. If we repeat this at Wembley we will get run over. Still fancy us winning it with the games remaining, i wish that ref never gets on any pitch again after letting that little spanish midget off with that blatant hand ball.

No excuses though we lost because we were shit, and hope Costa doesn't start again this season. 

3 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

My prediction was 2-1. Jose's tactics were spot on, they nullified Chelsea completely, like Atletico did lcfc . Kante, should of sat on the bench and watch herrera and pogba, cause he had a TeRRIBLE game. Pogba hustle to save the ball after Rashford's free-kick and kante's mistake led to Herrera's goal. Overall, it was probably the best performance by any premier league team this year. Pogba winning every aerial duel against kante and hustlin back tow stop a counter. Still buzzing and celebrating after that win. Jose proved he is still the best coach in the world.

Motm has to be Herrera. 

Behave xDxD

5 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

My prediction was 2-1. Jose's tactics were spot on, they nullified Chelsea completely, like Atletico did lcfc . Kante, should of sat on the bench and watch herrera and pogba, cause he had a TeRRIBLE game. Pogba hustle to save the ball after Rashford's free-kick and kante's mistake led to Herrera's goal. Overall, it was probably the best performance by any premier league team this year. Pogba winning every aerial duel against kante and hustlin back tow stop a counter. Still buzzing and celebrating after that win. Jose proved he is still the best coach in the world.

Motm has to be Herrera. 

You really are the biggest twat on here xD

1 minute ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Fact: United are on the longest unbeaten run (22) in Europe's top 5 leagues: DWDDDWWWWWWDDDWWDWDDWW

Hazard's game by numbers vs. Manchester United: 0 shots 0 dribbles completed 1 chances created 79% pass accuracy Herrera-ed.

Minutes given to teenagers in the Premier League this season: Conte - 0 Wenger - 1 Pochettino - 19 Guardiola - 415 Mourinho - 1,443

Where are United in the table? FACT!

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Stan said:

big save from Mignolet! Golden chance for West Brom to equalise but Mignolet made himself big and blocked Phillips' shot. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Anyway on topic:

Mignolet was fucking brilliant yet again but nothing will be said about it because it's cool to slag him off. Emre Can was brilliant as well! The kids on fire but again it's cool to slag him off. 

Totally agree!

Made himself big in the box, as well, from set-pieces. When you nullify that aspect of West Brom's game-plan, they find it very hard to score. Didn't give players like McAuley, Dawson, Rondon, Evans any kind of sniff in that area of the pitch. 

Man Utd played fantastic today, they surely wanted it a lot more than Chelsea. Rashford should have scored one more where he dribbled past a couple of players but only to be denied by Begovic. That kid is wonderful for his age 

20 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Motm has to be Herrera. 

why are you celebrating? I thought you were Real Madrid fan based on your posts on the liga forum?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Totally agree!

Made himself big in the box, as well, from set-pieces. When you nullify that aspect of West Brom's game-plan, they find it very hard to score. Didn't give players like McAuley, Dawson, Rondon, Evans any kind of sniff in that area of the pitch. 

It's not so much fans of other clubs but more our own fans. Migs has been absolutely solid since gaining his place back at the start of the season but all you ever hear is .... "Migs had a decent game but a mistake is just around the corner". 

Bore off! He's been quality this season and has won us multiple points but the usual suspects will be clambering for Joe Hart to be signed in the summer. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Anyway on topic:

Mignolet was fucking brilliant yet again but nothing will be said about it because it's cool to slag him off. Emre Can was brilliant as well! The kids on fire but again it's cool to slag him off. 

Ever since the news came out that he was playing with an injury and that he recovered from it the boy has been slowly getting better and better with each game. Migs has been immense a few times now as well not just the West Brom game.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Luiz could have done better there imo.

Playing with injury for a while now. 

Costa and Matic should not play another minute this season. Both clearly limited in their football and both clearly have their heads else where. 

Conte made a mistake not playing Ake at LWB. Players let him down massively bar Kante. Mr.Consistency. 

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Ever since the news came out that he was playing with an injury and that he recovered from it the boy has been slowly getting better and better with each game. Migs has been immense a few times now as well not just the West Brom game.

I know. Apparently though we should sell him because a 22 year old German International isn't good enough for our squad? 

Regarding Migs... I've always said he's not the best goalkeeper in the world but he's miles better than people give him credit for. He's showing this season that he has quality but some people still think Joe Hart would be a better option! Joke!

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I know. Apparently though we should sell him because a 22 year old German International isn't good enough for our squad? 

Regarding Migs... I've always said he's not the best goalkeeper in the world but he's miles better than people give him credit for. He's showing this season that he has quality but some people still think Joe Hart would be a better option! Joke!

I think this only bodes well for the team as a whole. Having Hendo out for the period that he has been affords Klopp a chance to get the most out of the other players he has. We've got other players that need offloading but Can is far away from being someone that 'needs' to go. Case in point, Moreno.

I don't know where people got the idea that Joe Hart is a better option for us I think he's declining a bit since he left the league. With regards to Migs, he will always be a liability because I think he suffers from an issue where he will randomly put himself in a tough position but his shot-stopping up close is excellent and that was one of his strongest traits when we bought him.

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Chelsea are currently 1st in the Premier League. 

Manchester United, inspite of their 22 game unbeaten run, are currently 5th in the Premier League. 

And they beat you, convincingly  

Any team winning the league shouldn't be struggling against United. 

Archived