talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Conte this conte that.. he bought fabegras, pedro, willian, diego Costa, matic, and finally played Courtois right?? Jose left him a very good team and conte just added a few players. Won them the league title and the cup and when he left, Chelsea had the same probability/chance to advance as PSG in the champions league. 

The table standing when he left is by no means, a reflection on the team. Both hazard and the cule Pedro, didnt try that year and lets face it, Mourinho was ready to collect that monthly check from Chelsea while setting up/finalizing his deal with the top team in England, Man Utd.

Conte led the team to(potentially, i dont think spurs will challenge them) a title but of course, the haters wont give mourinho the credit he deserves. 

Mourinho credit??? He lost the dressing room, he lost the trust, he lost respect, he destroyed whatever he had going on at Chelsea, it was all down to him and he deservses nothing at all, he would of got the team relegated as the players would of took it that far to humiliate him after what he did. 

Sad to see Spurs fans racially abusing Robbie from AFTV, no need for that especially after they dominated us.

Today showed the 3 at the back was a false dawn and we were dispatched easily. This is going to be a very poor end to the season for me. I hope the board finally come to their senses and end this.

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Disgraceful scenes from the Spurs lot it has to be said, monkey chants to a man that simply goes to the game to watch his team? Lowest of the low.

They're a disgrace Spurs fans, expect nothing less from them.  They're the worst in England for this type of thing, disgraceful club and fans.

9 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Conte benefited from the excellent core of players Mourinho left him and his schedule was a lot more easier/flexible since they didnt play an european cup. Meanwhile, Mourinho is still cleaning up the mess Moyes/lvg left both player selection and mentally. This next transfer window will be key and his work will finally start to show even more. 

Both managers cleaned up after the mess left by the one previous, it's just that Conte did it quicker. 

50 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Conte this conte that.. he bought fabegras, pedro, willian, diego Costa, matic, and finally played Courtois right?? Jose left him a very good team and conte just added a few players. Won them the league title and the cup and when he left, Chelsea had the same probability/chance to advance as PSG in the champions league. 

The table standing when he left is by no means, a reflection on the team. Both hazard and the cule Pedro, didnt try that year and lets face it, Mourinho was ready to collect that monthly check from Chelsea while setting up/finalizing his deal with the top team in England, Man Utd.

Conte led the team to(potentially, i dont think spurs will challenge them) a title but of course, the haters wont give mourinho the credit he deserves. 

This is obviously another attempt at trolling but using method which is absolutely ridiculous.  I don't know you, but I can see you posting a hell of a lot on social media with this sort of nonsense.

Firstly...  Mourinho's football was boring as hell.

Secondly...  There are no haters, just opinions which to those that don't like them = can't handling them and their world coming down like a deck of cards.

Do you know why the term "Deck of Cards" is used to describe a collapsing argument?  If you don't, here goes for your benefit and for the future.  A tower made from a deck of cards may look complicated and beautiful on the outside.  Infact if nobody touches it and leaves it alone, they stand in awe with the seeming complexity.  But on a second and more detailed look for those that want to analyse and not fall for a trick will observe that cards have no foundation and are thin with no cement between them...  Blowing them down is easy once you've ascertained that it's all bullshit.

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Are we perhaps taking the actions of one Spurs fan and making it plural or is there evidence of more racism than 1 voice in that vid?

Enough people are filming the situation to hopefully be able to catch whoever it is.

It does seem that it's one voice with the verbal excrement being thrown at that man.  But there's no way in hell that that amount of police protection would be required for one retarded idiot that needs his head put down the gutter so as to wash his mouth out.

Robbie of all people too. Comes across as a genuinely nice bloke as compared to the other fans on AFTV. Disgraceful tbh but only a minority of Spurs fans involved. 

TY is 47. What the fuck. Bet he was singing with the Spurs fans when they chanted Wenger to stay. 

Will post my analysis on the game tomorrow. Buzzing 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

xD

How many times have you said "Ranieri won you the title, not those players", and then you come out with that top line? Guess how many of them Ranieri signed.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Robbie of all people too. Comes across as a genuinely nice bloke as compared to the other fans on AFTV. Disgraceful tbh but only a minority of Spurs fans involved. 

TY is 47. What the fuck. Bet he was singing with the Spurs fans when they chanted Wenger to stay. 

Will post my analysis on the game tomorrow. Buzzing 

I'm not having that at all. He looks about 20, sounds about 15 and acts about 10.

• Subscriber

Monkey chants, you guys crack me up xDxDxD

They're singing who who who let the yids out and anyone that had actually been to a game against us would know that, although I realise that rules out the vast majority. 

Bloody soft idiot gets a bit of abuse and plays the race card because he has nothing out. A youtube channel that consistently gives us stick and he doesn't expect to take anything back? Seen his video Arsenal fans fearing for their lives when they come to the Lane hahah couldn't make it up.

Literally load of bollocks, nothing in that video at all or anything else. We leave the racism to Chelsea.

• Subscriber

As for the game, get the fuck in there.

The tables officially turned. It's been coming for a long time now. A few late season heroics and poor finishes from us have papered over the cracks for them, but we've been consistently on the up and a considerably better side. I literally wouldn't take a single one of their players in our first team right now, Sanchez at a push as he's the only one that looks like doing anything, but we have built something bloody marvellous. 

I really don't think we get enough credit. We have the 6th largest wage bill by about a £100 million from the closest rival. We've spent £1 million net in the last five years. We've built one of the best training grounds in the world, and a year away from a brand new state of the art stadium. We've slowly progressed without spending mega money, with a fan as chairman, and young English players.

I love that we the hoodoo of finishing above the scum off our backs, but it's all about progressing and trophies now for me, and that has to be our aim. It's a shame when the Lane has become such a fortress that we are going to be moving on, but the sky is the limit with this managing and team.

We completely dominated today, should have been about 5 or 6 with the chances we missed. Never really looked like conceding and just asserted the dominance. 

• Subscriber

I do think next year is coming at the wrong time for you. You're definitely on the up and that's largely built off an exceptional home record. I know it's cliche to compare Wembley to WHL in terms of your form but there's got to be something in it, the two are so different it's unreal.

You're on fire though. You looked considerably better than Arsenal did today. I thought you would choke today and you delivered again. Chelsea will win the league but you've done very well.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

They're a disgrace Spurs fans, expect nothing less from them.  They're the worst in England for this type of thing, disgraceful club and fans.

I hope that was facetious 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I do think next year is coming at the wrong time for you. You're definitely on the up and that's largely built off an exceptional home record. I know it's cliche to compare Wembley to WHL in terms of your form but there's got to be something in it, the two are so different it's unreal.

You're on fire though. You looked considerably better than Arsenal did today. I thought you would choke today and you delivered again. Chelsea will win the league but you've done very well.

Yeah, it is completely the wrong time, but we can't delay it any longer. The new stadium needs to happen and let us compete at the top level and pay market value wages. The Lane is a fortress, going to miss the old girl so much - fantastic traditional football stadium, that and Goodison easily the best in the country. There's various suggested reasons floating around about Wembley which I won't bore you with, but hopefully the experience this year will allow us to kick on there next year. 

We are a brilliant football team. Unfortunately, so are Chelsea in a different way. Class apart in this league right now, not going to be disappointed with 2nd, still the best season in my lifetime, and my Dad's. Just need to keep the manager and the team together.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah, it is completely the wrong time, but we can't delay it any longer. The new stadium needs to happen and let us compete at the top level and pay market value wages. The Lane is a fortress, going to miss the old girl so much - fantastic traditional football stadium, that and Goodison easily the best in the country. There's various suggested reasons floating around about Wembley which I won't bore you with, but hopefully the experience this year will allow us to kick on there next year. 

We are a brilliant football team. Unfortunately, so are Chelsea in a different way. Class apart in this league right now, not going to be disappointed with 2nd, still the best season in my lifetime, and my Dad's. Just need to keep the manager and the team together.

The biggest problem with Wembley I think is that it's a bit soulless. Said it many a time but for all it is impressive (and no 90k stadium isn't), it's all a bit Emirates-like. You've seen how much it's hit West Ham not playing at a proper ground this year as well. It isn't as bad as West Ham but still.

You two have been the outstanding sides. The rest of the top 7 have all finished choking. You pair have been ruthless. Chelsea's run in is that bit too good for you to do it though. They couldn't have picked three easier home games, and they win them it's done.

3 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

yet you rate diego S. Very high.

I do rate Simeone highly and I never said I don't rate Mourinho.  I said it's boring football and that's what it is for me on both counts.  The difference between Simeone and Mourinho is that Mourinho (except for Porto) has coached clubs with money at his disposal and signing at his whim.  Simeone took took over Atlético Madrid in the state they were in and made them successful from the word go and they haven't looked back.

3 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Boring football? I call it effective.

Effective usually means boring in my book most of the time.

I've never made it any secret the type of football that I like and that's how I (myself, me, my opinion) like my teams to play football. You like that boring "effective" stuff, that's fine, but I will state my opinion which is what I did mate.

As for the rest of the post I pulled you up on...  That hasn't only got to do with the boring aspect but all the statements you made when comparing Conte's Chelsea to Mourinho's.  It's wrong and you've built up an argument made up on some theory you have.

• Subscriber

Simeone's football is better than Mourinho's. Mourinho has the biggest budget in the league and goes to Liverpool and Man City without even trying to win.

The title race is done now - yesterday was the last chance for Chelsea to drop points and their run-in looks pretty straight forward now.

Feel a bit for Spurs, they've not done much wrong this season and they really are a good side, I hope they win it over the next couple of years.

Archived