talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

I can't see Spurs having another opportunity like this when you consider there away and wembley form. Shame really. Pochettino may be gone in a year or so time to another project too.

Happy for Slaven Billic though. Hope he remains safe at a club close to his heart for a long time.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Asura said:

And that has to be the end of the greatest ever season for Spurs in the premier league era. 

Ended last week.

Can technically wrap it up by next Friday. Time for tacos, tequila and Corona to begin this already great start to the weekend 

Unfortunate that this great Tottenham season has actually ended up worse than our nothing season last season. :ph34r:

Will be interesting how they do next season, it's a bad time for them to move IMO, could've built on this season but instead they'll be playing at a ground where they were hopeless in this season while playing in Europe.

No shame in how Spurs' season has/will end. Put themselves in a great position winning nine on the bounce but just couldn't keep it going. Those behind should learn from them. 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Spurs will finish about 6th next season. 

You said this last year, and the year before, and the year before that. Ultimately we are better than you, and have been for some time. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, HK85 said:

No shame in how Spurs' season has/will end. Put themselves in a great position winning nine on the bounce but just couldn't keep it going. Those behind should learn from them. 

Spot on

I've mentioned it before but I'll say it again. We are at such a disadvantage where 3 teams see us as their big game. Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham all consider us to be their big rival in the Prem. Some teams are so tinpot they don't even have a rival, like Leicester, but it makes it much easier, where teams aren't getting themselves up for a game so much.

5 hours ago, Storts said:

You said this last year, and the year before, and the year before that. Ultimately we are better than you, and have been for some time. 

No i didn't and no I didn't and the year before that we finished second. Basically you've been better for 2 years or in other words... since Kane & Alli  

I've not said Spurs aren't better than Liverpool yet you say it in every thread. It obviously gives you a massive erection. 

Fuck me, Spurs have 2 good seasons and Storts thinks they're Real Madrid. 

Same colour shirts Storts, but that's as far as it goes mate! 

Youve dropped on with Kane and Ali but please, climb out of your own arse. 

4 hours ago, Storts said:

Spot on

I've mentioned it before but I'll say it again. We are at such a disadvantage where 3 teams see us as their big game. Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham all consider us to be their big rival in the Prem. Some teams are so tinpot they don't even have a rival, like Leicester, but it makes it much easier, where teams aren't getting themselves up for a game so much.

Tinpot because they are one club city's? 

The arrogance of this ponce because he lives in London is unreal! 

You can fucking have it mate, the place is a shithole xD

I'm not having that they've bottled it. People are far too keen to throw that word around in sport.

They've won their last 9 games before tonight and kept the pressure on Chelsea week after week after week, last night they just came up against a side who were better than them on the night. That's football.

They've been guilty of bottling things in the past, but not this time.

59 minutes ago, Toony said:

I'm not having that they've bottled it. People are far too keen to throw that word around in sport.

They've won their last 9 games before tonight and kept the pressure on Chelsea week after week after week, last night they just came up against a side who were better than them on the night. That's football.

They've been guilty of bottling things in the past, but not this time.

They haven't bottled the league, Chelsea have just been better over the course of the season. Spurs never win anything though, or even get to finals and they fail miserably in Europe. All this can come under the 'bottling it' category 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

No i didn't and no I didn't and the year before that we finished second. Basically you've been better for 2 years or in other words... since Kane & Alli  

I've not said Spurs aren't better than Liverpool yet you say it in every thread. It obviously gives you a massive erection. 

Fuck me, Spurs have 2 good seasons and Storts thinks they're Real Madrid. 

Same colour shirts Storts, but that's as far as it goes mate! 

Youve dropped on with Kane and Ali but please, climb out of your own arse. 

Hahaha talk about bending the truth, it was actually 2013/14 when you had your one good season in a long time. We've finished above you 3 years in a row now. Before that it was 2008/2009 that was the last time, so we've above you in 6 of the last 7 years. 'Since Kane and Alli' is just a blatant lie. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Tinpot because they are one club city's? 

The arrogance of this ponce because he lives in London is unreal! 

You can fucking have it mate, the place is a shithole xD

Tinpot because they have no rivals or anyone that cares about them. Plenty of one club cities have big rivalries.

London's the greatest city in the world mate, probably a bit too cultured for you though.

Having been to the community shield between Arsenal and Chelsea I have to say there is absolutely no rivalry whatsoever. Maybe a bit of "office bants" but nothing which effects the players.

If Spurs are at a disadvantage it must be because they themselves have wound up everyone around them. Perhaps because they have stepped outside of their box and the others are jealous of the new world order.

19 minutes ago, Storts said:

Hahaha talk about bending the truth, it was actually 2013/14 when you had your one good season in a long time. We've finished above you 3 years in a row now. Before that it was 2008/2009 that was the last time, so we've above you in 6 of the last 7 years. 'Since Kane and Alli' is just a blatant lie. 

Admittedly we have soooo under-achieved in recent times, shockingly bad at times. But we have still come closer to winning the league than Spurs ever have and we consistently get to cup finals. Spurs don't ever really do anything. You don't ever really challenge for the league, you just be 'consistent' and you never give yourselves a chance of silverware. In Europe you are embarrassingly bad. 

The way you talk it's as if Spurs are on a totally different level but it's just delusion. I'm more than confident we'll be picking up silverware and be playing in cup finals again before Spurs are because that's what Spurs are about... Just a footballing existence. 

3 hours ago, Storts said:

Tinpot because they have no rivals or anyone that cares about them. 

That tinpot club that wiped the floor with Spurs in last years title race you mean? :whistling:

Leicester have the whole of Leicester that care about them. Spurs have a minority section of North London. 

City playing really well and could have had a few more goals.

That being said, Caballero has pulled off a very good save to deny Benteke. As long as it stays 1-0, Palace will always be a threat.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived