talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Subscriber

Saw both games today. Liverpool are so flat it's unreal. A totally different side to the one scoring for fun earlier in the season. I put money on them getting 100 goals in about October time as they were well on course and now they're not even hitting three quarters of that.

Thought Arsenal played well. A lot better.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was an important win for Arsenal but in reality it was a very poor game even though Man Utd lost their unbeaten run it is probably one of the worst unbeaten runs with 90% draws. I don't see how the Man Utd fans are happy with Mourinho at all if he fails to win the Europa League and finishes 5th or 6th, Mourinho is going to look like the biggest mug.    

Chelsea team tonight: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Fabregas, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Diego Costa, Hazard

Kante not in the squad tonight. As long as Cesc is in the team we should cope. 

• Administrator

Apparently Middlesbrough only got to the ground about half hour ago. Won't help them at all despite probability of losing anyway. 

On 06/05/2017 at 6:56 PM, Aaroncpfc said:

Given Hull lost to Sunderland, we lost to Burnley, and Swansea have struggled recently. Then next week we play Hull and Swansea play Sunderland I think it's fair to say whoever finishes 18th deserves it.

With a bit of completely undeserved luck Middlesbrough could break out. Highly doubtful but I've seen bigger shocks in this league.

• Administrator

Alonso finally gets a goal. he'd been dominating the left wing, couple shots on goal already. Now finishes past Guzan who should have done better at the near post. 2-0. 

Boro can't cope with Alonso! He has been a revelation this season as a wing back.

Boro won't come back from this and it will seal their relegation. They just haven't been positive enough this season.

• Administrator

fucking hell that was gold the MNF presenter (can't remember his name) telling Fabregas he didn't get the assist for Costa xDxD 

Good win it was much easier than i thought it would be. Middlesbrough provided nothing they didn't create half a chance. I knew we would ease into the last four games as my biggest fear was Everton away. Now we play a dreadful WBA on Friday and the boys must know it is a league final. 

@Stan Who watched the game saw it was a clear assist, however even the livescore websites didn't register it. 

• Subscriber

That's about that for the title. Surely there's no way they blow this.

Middlesbrough down. Been disappointed with them. Expected more, but then again I'm not at all surprised that they're the leagues lowest scorers. They didn't exactly hit many in the Championship.

They've not even attacked it, got to come up and have a go even if it's just for the sake of the supporters. I don't think they'll be back any time soon.

Slightly disappointed we won't get a Derby of any kind either.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived