talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Tuanzebe has done well today against Sanchez. Dealt with Sanchez very well, out-muscling him and tackling him on several occasions.

13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You only have 2 games left, West Ham & Middlesbrough. We have 4 league games left after this. We need you to drop more points and need to win all our games. Liverpool still big favourites.

Who you got in those four games?

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Southampton & Stoke away, then Sunderland & Everton at home.

You see, I can see you winning all those whereas I think we'll drop points away at West Ham. We are favourites but it's far from over, especially with the way we are struggling at the moment 

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It would be a blessing in disguise if Liverpool missed out on Champions League football, their squad isn't big enough or good enough to handle such demands.

Klopp has been promised the biggest war chest any Liverpool manager has ever had this summer. Reports it will be around £200m including sales. 

Id expect our squad depth will be strengthened significantly with that. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You see, I can see you winning all those whereas I think we'll drop points away at West Ham. We are favourites but it's far from over, especially with the way we are struggling at the moment 

both southampton and saints have not been easy for arsenal in the recent past mate, good chances to drop points in both. 

Im surprised how Mourinho didnt play for a draw today

1 minute ago, Asura said:

both southampton and saints have not been easy for arsenal in the recent past mate, good chances to drop points in both. 

Im surprised how Mourinho didnt play for a draw today

We only play them once, mate. xD

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Can't wait for Mourinho. xD

he'll say it wasn't his first team and that all focus is on Thursday, considering Pogba and Rashford were rested for today from the start.

But to play Mata and Mkhitaryan as wing backs is laughable xD 

Wenger wouldn't leave without finally beating Mourinho in a league match.

Man United failed to score a goal away from home against any of the top 6 teams. No surprise since they always go for the 6-3-1 tactic.

3 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Mourinho: Finally I leave this stadium with Arsenal fans happy. It's the first time I see them smile. They deserve it. They're amazing club

!?!? Surely you're making that up?

• Subscriber

While I am glad that Arsenal beat United I feel we're going to lose out on top 4. You'd imagine teams like West Ham and Middlesbrough are looking at the game today thinking "if we just shore up the defense we might stand a chance of even beating this Liverpool side" and they wouldn't be wrong in thinking that way either.

Lallana needs to be starting both of the final games of the season for us because all that slow down in pace killed any chances we might have had to get a goal. 

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

he'll say it wasn't his first team and that all focus is on Thursday, considering Pogba and Rashford were rested for today from the start.

But to play Mata and Mkhitaryan as wing backs is laughable xD 

Yeah... Focusing on that tournament he's filled his boots on criticising forever. There's also the part where many fans in this country have done the same. 

• Subscriber
On 5/5/2017 at 6:39 PM, Dan said:

I'll be surprised if we don't win. Group of players playing to get Shakespeare the job against a Watford side that look well on the beach.

3-0 Leicester.

Two weeks on the spin I've got ours bang on.

Safety confirmed. Routine home win for us. I'd be interested to see what Shakespeare's plan for us was going forward.

I think Watford will struggle next year. Their body language would concern me if I was a Watford fan.

• Subscriber
On 5/6/2017 at 9:09 AM, Storts said:

Tinpot because they have no rivals or anyone that cares about them. Plenty of one club cities have big rivalries.

London's the greatest city in the world mate, probably a bit too cultured for you though.

Leicester having no rivals is 100% geographic. Tell me who's most local game we are?

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived