talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

Apart from the first and second goals yesterday, the game really lacked quality from both sides, can't remember a game that had that many misplaced, underhit,/overhit passes. Fabregas showed more quality in his cameo at the end than any player in the whole game.

Big win for us but still a long way to go!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On to the game, 

Personally felt optimistic going into this, but after the end of the first half, I didn't know where a goal was going to come from.  Like United a few weeks ago, Everton had Hazard man marked all game by Gueye. Literally arse fucking him for 90 minutes the way Herrera had. I thought the outcome would be the same considering when you take Hazard out of the game, we have no other threats of equal ability, and it didn't help that our passing was atrocious the first half. Took a moment of brilliance from Pedro, like against Spurs, for us to really get going, and what a goal that was. Costa, Willian, Pedro etc may not be as talented as Hazard, but they are difference makers when given the opportunity. 

Personally think we have this in the bag as today's hangover suggested, but it isn't over until it's over. Hoping the John Terry double chant will be in effect come May. 

As expected, Spurs won comfortably and the goals were a matter of time even when it was 0-0 at HT. Great run they had this year and like many already said in this thread they have a good future. But can they keep their team intact with many big teams lurking on Alli, Eriksen and Kane? Will they cope up with Europe and also Wembley next year? 

• Administrator

Coutinho off injured after 10 minutes. Another injury for them. Looked like a dead leg. 

dry game so far. Neither team attacking with any real intent so far. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Coutinho off injured after 10 minutes. Another injury for them. Looked like a dead leg. 

Never known anything like it, it's just one after the other. 

Its not even like it keeps happening to replaceable players. It's our best players time after time. 

• Administrator

Brilliant effort from Adam Lallana! Corner to Liverpool, punched out by Gomes and Lallana hits a volley about 25 yards out on to the bar. 

We definitely need a flat track bully signed in the summer. We can stand up against any of the top teams with the team we have but we are awful against teams we should be beating with relative ease. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

We definitely need a flat track bully signed in the summer. We can stand up against any of the top teams with the team we have but we are awful against teams we should be beating with relative ease. 

Lukaku would be perfect :ph34r:

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Probably the best of the season. 

I'd say on a par with Andy Carroll's against Palace earlier in the season. His had more power though.

That was a fucking diabolical game but can't complain about the three points with our record this season!

Have to admit I got a little bit excited when I saw Sturridge come to life with the ball at his feet near the Watford goal.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Prodl hits the bar in the final few seconds of the game. Liverpool nearly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Would've been a draw mate...

• Administrator
Just now, Burning Gold said:

That was a fucking diabolical game but can't complain about the three points with our record this season!

Have to admit I got a little bit excited when I saw Sturridge come to life with the ball at his feet near the Watford goal.

Would've been a draw mate...

would have felt like a loss :ph34r: 

• Subscriber

Nothing is ever easy for this team when the season draws to a close and that was just another example of how it could have all really just gone down the drain when Prodl smacked the ball. MOTM is easily Can because not only did he score that goal but he ran and pushed very hard. Its nice to see him this way after the way he started the season. Lallana gave a good account of himself as well and Migs deserves a shout for being commanding in goal. I really thought after the first few minutes that Watford were going to get the first goal and then the chase would have run us down to a loss but glad with the way it ended.

On a totally different tangent the refereeing today was abysmal, for the amount of poor offside decisions to corners that were never given you could certainly argue that better tech is going to help these refs do their job better.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived