• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Michaël Cuisance Loaned to Olympique de Marseille

Recommended Posts

Quote.thumb.png.ff81389fde4ea4e17a76d94e7cf021f8.png

Bayern Munich midfielder Michael Cuisance is closing on an £18million move to Leeds United.

The Frenchman has been given permission to speak to Leeds after telling the European champions he wanted more game time.

The 21-year old playmaker cost Bayern £9m when he joined from Monchengladbach last year and has been watched by Newcastle United.(Mail Online)Arrow.png.f44bd1946cfa91f25f9812fcafc1150a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Leeds United pull this transfer off, then I believe that Cuisance will be a great signing for them. If Cuisance wasn't at Bayern, I think that he would be a starter and a key player for most other clubs. An £18 million valuation for him, seems like a bargain price to pay for a player of his calibre in this day and age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bielsa could turn him into a superstar.

Great age, very promising, just unfortunate to be at the best club in the world presently where competition is fierce.

The only black mark I've heard against him is his attitude is a little shaky. 

That won't roll here so if he's coming, he needs to be prepared to work hard (especially Murderball Wednesday's in training) and apply himself correctly.

Do that, the fans will laud him and make him feel special, whilst Bielsa will take him to the next level.

Exciting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Michael said:

If Cuisance wasn't at Bayern, I think that he would be a starter and a key player for most other clubs.

 

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Great age, very promising, just unfortunate to be at the best club in the world presently where competition is fierce.

His own fault though, isn't it? Should have stayed at Gladbach as everyone advised him to, instead of throwing an arrogant tantrum about being too good and joining Bayern where he had no chance to break through into the first team. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

 

His own fault though, isn't it? Should have stayed at Gladbach as everyone advised him to, instead of throwing an arrogant tantrum about being too good and joining Bayern where he had no chance to break through into the first team. 

Boo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nudge said:

 

His own fault though, isn't it? Should have stayed at Gladbach as everyone advised him to, instead of throwing an arrogant tantrum about being too good and joining Bayern where he had no chance to break through into the first team. 

This. 

Was doomed from the beginning. What Cuisance needed was playing time, not just being apart of Bayern. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Batard said:

Boo

For real?.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Bielsa could turn him into a superstar.

Great age, very promising, just unfortunate to be at the best club in the world presently where competition is fierce.

The only black mark I've heard against him is his attitude is a little shaky. 

That won't roll here so if he's coming, he needs to be prepared to work hard (especially Murderball Wednesday's in training) and apply himself correctly.

Do that, the fans will laud him and make him feel special, whilst Bielsa will take him to the next level.

Exciting.

I agree, he could actually become a legend at Leeds if they manage to buy him. It's true, his past behaviour does throw up a few question marks regarding his attitude, but I don't think it's that much of an issue. For the most part, he has been a very good professional at Bayern. The few times that Cuisance has played for the Bayern first team, he has mainly impressed. If Bielsa manages to convince Cuisance to move to Leeds, then I think that he should get a lot of respect for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nudge said:

 

His own fault though, isn't it? Should have stayed at Gladbach as everyone advised him to, instead of throwing an arrogant tantrum about being too good and joining Bayern where he had no chance to break through into the first team. 

 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

This. 

Was doomed from the beginning. What Cuisance needed was playing time, not just being apart of Bayern. 

The thing is, I think many promising young players have big egos (but let's call it having lots of confidence) and when they hear a European giant is after them... they're going to think "I'm good enough to make the most of my chances at a big club." Rather than thinking "well this big club wants me, but I'm too shit to play for them so I won't play."

We've seen it happen time and time again where a young player maybe makes a move they shouldn't have because it's a bit too early for them to be at a big club without playing more and developing more.

But yeah, you two are probably right.

Either way, I think Leeds could be a great move for him. It's a big club... that's famously come under hard times. If he comes in and does well, he'll be a massive player at a club that's trying to be an awake giant rather than a sleeping giant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A player who thinks he's better than he really is. Watch him fail! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

 

The thing is, I think many promising young players have big egos (but let's call it having lots of confidence) and when they hear a European giant is after them... they're going to think "I'm good enough to make the most of my chances at a big club." Rather than thinking "well this big club wants me, but I'm too shit to play for them so I won't play."

We've seen it happen time and time again where a young player maybe makes a move they shouldn't have because it's a bit too early for them to be at a big club without playing more and developing more.

But yeah, you two are probably right.

Either way, I think Leeds could be a great move for him. It's a big club... that's famously come under hard times. If he comes in and does well, he'll be a massive player at a club that's trying to be an awake giant rather than a sleeping giant.

I can understand that, but in Cuisance case, he thought he was not getting enough playing time at Gladbach, and he somehow believed that he would be able to get more at Bayern?... Just fucking stupid, if you ask me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I can understand that, but in Cuisance case, he thought he was not getting enough playing time at Gladbach, and he somehow believed that he would be able to get more at Bayern?... Just fucking stupid, if you ask me.

Oh yeah... then he's a fucking moron xD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

A player who thinks he's better than he really is. Watch him fail! 

I don't have any problem with a player that believes in his ability and is full of confidence, but there is a fine line between that and arrogance. If he does chuck his toys out at any point, he'll learn the hard way. 

I cannot judge whatever has happened in the past only the present and I'd like to think under a highly respected manager in Bielsa, he will grow and mature nicely. We've obviously seen a lot of potential there to invest in him. Could work out a treat as much as it could fail.

Maybe moving to another country will help him mature and grow up. We will soon see won't we. If he does hit it off, £20m would be a bargain.

Bayern have reportedly inserted a buy back clause too so it shows a reluctance on their part to let him go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nudge said:

For real?.... 

Of course not you numpty. You're so grumpy today! 

Boooooooooooo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it's happening

Apparently, Newcastle tried to hijack the deal late, @Steve Bruce Almighty may know more on that. But by the sounds of it, he was set on the project with us. 

I've no doubts Bielsa would have been a major pull also. I think we'll offer a great environment for the lad to develop and grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he can handle the physicality, this is quite the signing for Leeds. This is the power of Bielsa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right. Which rascal moved this thread without the move being made official?!

Well you can bloody well move it back in the Transfer Rumours section because guess what, that's right, you jinxed it.

It's only bloody OFF xD

Fuck sake. It's Dan James all over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Right. Which rascal moved this thread without the move being made official?!

 

Fabrizio did it!!

I have moved it back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fabrizio did it!!

I have moved it back!

It was so you wasn't it xD

Not gonna lie, I am pretty disappointed. Thought we'd landed a real gem judging from the little I'd read and seen.

It seemed like it was all done. I'm sure whatever has happened, it will all come out in the wash but that is just typical Leeds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement