talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I don't see a situation where the FA's ban all their top teams or don't allow them to play. At best the clubs wills just pay a fine. 

I don't think it's a bad thing in those terms, it being closed ship is the issue, especially if those teams continue to play domestically. 

You think Uefa will let their most profitable enterprises just "Pay a fine" while making billions out of their reach? 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The real decision comes when the 12 need to decide whether they walk away from domestic football entirely or not. That is their only option. Replacing the Champions League is not going to be accepted.

There should be a counter revolution in which the licenses of the owners are revoked and the assets given to the local council :ph34r:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

So if Spurs and Liverpool stay mid table or worse they stay in the "Super League" ..it's not a very super league then is it :4_joy:  ..guess with the extra money all members should have top class teams

Yep. They cannot get relegated.

It's not super in any kind of way. Super cunty, actually. 

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You think Uefa will let their most profitable enterprises just "Pay a fine" while making billions out of their reach? 

No the FA's/Leagues of the countries, obviously it will potentially affect the competiveness of their league but ultimately those teams will still be competing in their league. Obviously UEFA is a completely different matter, of course they will not want this to happen. It would completely diminish their competitions, especially as they planned a third one. 

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

No the FA's of the countries, obviously it will potentially affect the competiveness of their league but ultimately those teams will still be competing in their league. Obviously UEFA is a completely different matter, of course they will not want this to happen. It would completely diminish their competitions, especially as they planned a third one. 

I only think that'll be a premier league problem to be honest. Serie A will get along just fine without those 3. Maybe La Liga will actually improve given they'll start paying fair money to the other clubs. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

No the FA's/Leagues of the countries, obviously it will potentially affect the competiveness of their league but ultimately those teams will still be competing in their league. Obviously UEFA is a completely different matter, of course they will not want this to happen. It would completely diminish their competitions, especially as they planned a third one. 

Not sure they will be competing. I think there needs to be an actual proper statement from the FA/PL explaining their stance and the consequences to the clubs should they join this new league. 

3 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

The format doesn't even sound interesting.

What a 10 team league with top 4 qualifying looks like with what will be 1 game to go.

4/10 teams with <30% win ratio who must have been playing dead rubbers for half a season

Screenshot_20210419-080311_SofaScore.jpg

They misspelled Arsenal down the bottom there. 

I can understand the club's dominating their domestic leagues being a part in it (PSG, Bayern, Juve), and clubs from lesser leagues who've struggled to compete in the Champions league (Porto, Ajax)  but I don't see why the premier league clubs would do it. They are already the dominant league, and joining this league basically just puts rival clubs on a better financial footing relative to them.

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I only think that'll be a premier league problem to be honest. Serie A will get along just fine without those 3. Maybe La Liga will actually improve given they'll start paying fair money to the other clubs. 

I actually think the idea wouldn't be so bad if the clubs had to commit to playing in Super League only. Them having the constant advantage of automatically being in the league whilst still being able to compete domestically is a sham. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure they will be competing. I think there needs to be an actual proper statement from the FA/PL explaining their stance and the consequences to the clubs should they join this new league. 

FA/PL are 100% folding to the 'big' clubs we all know it. No way are they are banning or punishing their 6 most marketable and popular teams. As long as they stay they really won't care. My prediction is all 6 teams will just have to give a percentage of their earning from the ESL to the league which will then be funneled to the other 14.

Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, and Tottenham agree to join European Super League

UEFA and Premier League have blasted the plans and warned there will be bans for clubs and players who join the League; three La Liga and three Serie A clubs are also set to be part of the project along with the six Premier League teams; PM Boris Johnson has condemned the concept

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, and Tottenham agree to join European Super League

UEFA and Premier League have blasted the plans and warned there will be bans for clubs and players who join the League; three La Liga and three Serie A clubs are also set to be part of the project along with the six Premier League teams; PM Boris Johnson has condemned the concept

Yes. This was posted last night. 

14 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I actually think the idea wouldn't be so bad if the clubs had to commit to playing in Super League only. Them having the constant advantage of automatically being in the league whilst still being able to compete domestically is a sham. 

FA/PL are 100% folding to the 'big' clubs we all know it. No way are they are banning or punishing their 6 most marketable and popular teams. As long as they stay they really won't care. My prediction is all 6 teams will just have to give a percentage of their earning from the ESL to the league which will then be funneled to the other 14.

Except that by rolling over to them they doom themselves more. Their global tv rights goes up the shutter. The global audience now has a new Premier competition to be obsessed with. 

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived