talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2020/21 Matches - Saturday 26th December, 2020

football forums

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Right. Think I've finally conceded. 

From the start, Top 4 was the bare minimum. Anything that jeaporises that priority needs to be addressed. We are now 4 consecutive games of zero cohesion, zero understanding, zero urgency and zero ideas upfront. Predictable. Predictable. Predictable. For this to be a continuous issue after spending nearly 200 million, is down to management and coaching. You look at the two squads tonight and the difference in quality between them, and for us to lose, is truly unacceptable in any form and in all honesty a sackable offence given the circumstances. There's so much more that can be done with this team and I don't think we will ever see it with Frank. 

You don't spend this much on attacking talent to either not utilise them properly (Werner), become entirely dependent on them (Ziyech), or to not use them at all (Havertz). Add to the fact we have a very heavy squad filled with talent, so to continuously see this level of poor game management is something Lampard and Lampard alone is accountable for. Last year you could defend him because expectations were low and he didn't have "his players", which there lies the issue I've been patient enough to finally accept. His management thrives when expectations are low. Virtually out of his depth when expectations are high and is asked to build a competing side. 

The fact this was an inevitable result before the ball was even kicked, says enough. 

Sadly I have to agree... I am all for giving Lampard some leeway due to his lack of experience but if this bunch of players are to move up a notch you are going to need someone who can tactically get the best out of the side.. He just does not have that ability and either we accept that situation and take our chances or we have to move on and find someone who can... You can't rock up to a rival who has been struggling all season in front of goal and start the game in first gear and then find ourselves stuck in neutral at the end of the first 45 minutes.. There was zero passion or direction from the off and it's not the first time this season either... How can this team not be up for the battle is beyond me?? We couldn't stamp a letter let alone our authority on this game... 

We started the season so well and now this is where the early season hype meets the reality of our situation... We will beat Villa next but games like that don't matter when we are throwing away the points from the games that really do matter when they matter most... 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Sadly I have to agree... I am all for giving Lampard some leeway due to his lack of experience but if this bunch of players are to move up a notch you are going to need someone who can tactically get the best out of the side.. He just not have that ability and either we accept that situation and take our chances or we have to move on and find someone who can... You can't rock up to a rival who has been struggling all season in front of goal and start the game in first gear and then find ourselves stuck in neutral at the end of the first 45 minutes.. There was zero passion or direction from the off and it's not the first time this season either... How can this team not be up for the battle is beyond me?? We couldn't stamp a letter let alone our authority on this game... 

We started the season so well and now this is where the early season hype meets the reality of our situation... We will beat Villa next but games like that don't matter when we are throwing away the points from the games that really do matter when they matter most... 

He's blaming the players again. :dam:

For this to be a continuous issue, is on him. Not the players. Look at our bloody squad! Is this squad not good enough to beat a depleted Everton, Wolves, and Arsenal side? On top of that, to look utterly ordinary? 

I've always noticed that not only do we bottle it against struggling sides, we always look out of pace when we had a 7-10 days off. This has only ever been an issue with Lampard.  He over works them during training. Clear to see. 

image.thumb.png.9603a42391fb679806fcf696b510b428.png

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He's blaming the players again. :dam:

For this to be a continuous issue, is on him. Not the players. Look at our bloody squad! Is this squad not good enough to beat a depleted Everton, Wolves, and Arsenal side? On top of that, to look utterly ordinary? 

I've always noticed that not only do we bottle it against struggling sides, we always look out of pace when we had a 7-10 days off. This has only ever been an issue with Lampard.  He over works them during training. Clear to see. 

image.thumb.png.9603a42391fb679806fcf696b510b428.png

In theory things could go like this... We have a transfer ban in his first season so he makes the most of what he has, brings in a load of the youngsters and has an average season with not much expectation, Second season in charge he brings in 200M worth of players and none of them are average either... You could argue that this is his transitional season, however, there would be zero excuses from next season on... if of course he survives that long. 

We are going out in the next round of the CL so that will add to his plate of woes leaving us a Cup run and whatever we can salvage from this in/out form we are currently experiencing.. Blaming the players for not having the right attitude toward the game can only stem from the pre game team team talk.. If you lack passion it will be reflected in their attitude on the pitch. On top of that if you can't make the right tactical calls to turn things around then you just have a bunch of players that can pick or choose how hard or how much effort they put in on any given day.. 

We need a leader on the pitch as well, clearly Lampard is not that animated on the sidelines as you mentioned earlier just watching the game pass him by... Also the defence has now reverted back to how it was last season leaking goals left right and centre despite a very solid improvement at the beginning of the season.. Maybe over training has something to do with it I don't know.. 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

In theory things could go like this... We have a transfer ban in his first season so he makes the most of what he has, brings in a load of the youngsters and has an average season with not much expectation, Second season in charge he brings in 200M worth of players and none of them are average either... You could argue that this is his transitional season, however, there would be zero excuses from next season on... if of course he survives that long. 

We are going out in the next round of the CL so that will add to his plate of woes leaving us a Cup run and whatever we can salvage from this in/out form we are currently experiencing.. Blaming the players for not having the right attitude toward the game can only stem from the pre game team team talk.. If you lack passion it will be reflected in their attitude on the pitch. On top of that if you can't make the right tactical calls to turn things around then you just have a bunch of players that can pick or choose how hard or how much effort they put in on any given day.. 

We need a leader on the pitch as well, clearly Lampard is not that animated on the sidelines as you mentioned earlier just watching the game pass him by... Also the defence has now reverted back to how it was last season leaking goals left right and centre despite a very solid improvement at the beginning of the season.. Maybe over training has something to do with it I don't know.. 

I remembered reading a detailed explanation into our spending this summer, and a lot of it is dependent on us finishing Top 4. Roman isn't going to be happy to cover this substantial loss if we fail to do so. 

• Subscriber

Awful game, there for the taking. Need more from Sigurdsson, Doucoure, Gordon. Davies playing an effective pivot and Iwobi looking the most likely to work an opening. No problems at the back, be tempted to put a natural full back on either side to give their defence something else to think about.

32 minutes ago, Storts said:

How much did Liverpool get for Brewster? Absolute robbery again - he’s atrocious 

I couldn't believe the amount of people who rated him so highly after a season in the championship. There's obviously a reason Klopp wasn't willing to take a chance on him when he's been willing with others

• Subscriber

It seems unthinkable in this day and age with all the scouting networks and statistical analysis that exists but the only rational explanation is people thinking that the player must be half decent if he makes Liverpool's bench and that the stats and their eyes are just missing something. That Edwards must be a good bullshitter too. One of those where you know what he's like and you prepare yourself for it but still fall for it when you're in the room with him.

Or maybe Sheffield United and Bournemouth are just terrible at scouting.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

It seems unthinkable in this day and age with all the scouting networks and statistical analysis that exists but the only rational explanation is people thinking that the player must be half decent if he makes Liverpool's bench and that the stats and their eyes are just missing something. That Edwards must be a good bullshitter too. One of those where you know what he's like and you prepare yourself for it but still fall for it when you're in the room with him.

Or maybe Sheffield United and Bournemouth are just terrible at scouting.

Brewster was obviously incredibly talented at youth level but I think he's one of those centre forwards who needs a team built around him. Sheffield United seems like a bad fit and I don't think staying at Liverpool would have been a good fit for him either

Obviously he's never done anything to suggest he should be worth £20m+ either

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Liverpool's knack for selling their unwanted players for high fees is ridiculous. 

Bournemouth paid for their love of Liverpool prospects by getting relegated. Sheffield United are set to follow.

15 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

If Lampard wasn’t English, he’d be getting pelters all over the place. More so when you consider the treatment OGS gets at United when they have a bad spell. 

Nothing to do with being English. It’s because he’s a Tory, public school wanker. Exactly the same kind of person that is a sports journalist. He’s their mate. 

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Bournemouth paid for their love of Liverpool prospects by getting relegated. Sheffield United are set to follow.

Tbf getting relegated seems to have been good for Solanke - and him actually doing well this year is better for their development which they signed him for.

I think it’ll be the same with Brewster - he’s got quality as a kid, I don’t think Sheffield United (or any club in our league) was a good move for him though. I think he’s not going to be up to much this year, but I think he needs to drop down a level to get more meaningful time on the pitch at a level where he’s not completely out of his depth for a season or two to keep developing.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Take the 3 points and consign that game of football to the memory banks. Get the fuck in.

I got tortured with that whole game pretty much and missed the goal. God knows what I did in a past life.

Good win though. You've picked right up again.

• The topic was unpinned

The new Pardew. An absolute genius appointment by Charnley. Get some bloke who winds the fans up every time he opens his gob and they'll want him hung not you.

Bruce started the season talking about a top 10 finish. Now it's all about survival and how that's supposedly our place and a sign of improvement. 

His lies, contradictions and inconsistencies are Boris Johnson levels.

Archived