talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2020/21 Matches - Sunday 27th December, 2020

football forums

13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm talking about if you sign another, you'd have four. There's no issue when Van Dijk is fit.

Four is a normal number of centre backs to have. It's a sensible number to have especially when two are injury prone. If you're desperate to have three, Matip will be 30 by the time van Dijk plays for Liverpool again, so he can go

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They had one more shot on target than us? And two of those were some really tame efforts right at Alisson.

Their keeper won them that point at the end with that fingertip save on Firmino’s shot.

Fat Sam’s a good manager though, especially for doing this kind of dodging relegation shite. But his Bolton weren’t just good at dodging relegation, the later years they played some good stuff too.

He fucked himself and made himself into a meme by being a dodgy bung taking fucker and getting himself sacked from the England job.

I thought they had 4 to your 2.

I agree that save earned them the point and lost you 2. What a save!

It’s what Sam does best, people will hate it. But winning games and points isn’t boring. Give me those grinding results over being relegated any day of the week.

8 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Four is a normal number of centre backs to have. It's a sensible number to have especially when two are injury prone. If you're desperate to have three, Matip will be 30 by the time van Dijk plays for Liverpool again, so he can go

You could maybe sign one in January with the view of moving Matip on in the summer. They issue is whether anyone of top quality is available in January though. I'm not on board with signing some cheap, stop gap option though. Might as well stick with what we've got

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You could maybe sign one in January with the view of moving Matip on in the summer. They issue is whether anyone of top quality is available in January though. I'm not on board with signing some cheap, stop gap option though. Might as well stick with what we've got

Sven Botman will be available. Considering Lille´s desperate financial situation, he wouldn´t be that expensive. According to the rumours, the french want 30 million euros for him. That´s a very reasonable fee, given the age and potential of the player. 

Or they could try to get Militão on loan from Madrid. He´s not getting minutes, with Varane and Ramos ahead of him. 

19 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You could maybe sign one in January with the view of moving Matip on in the summer. They issue is whether anyone of team quality is available in January though. I'm not on board with signing some cheap, stop gap option though. Might as well stick with what we've got

Hard disagree. Williams simply isn't Premier League standard. He hasn't embarrassed himself since coming in, but he remains a liability and ultimately there's a reason he was playing non-league football last season. We may have to pay over the odds slightly because it's January and we're clearly in need, but there will be plenty of affordable options available in January who would be a significant upgrade

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Hard disagree. Williams simply isn't Premier League standard. He hasn't embarrassed himself since coming in, but he remains a liability and ultimately there's a reason he was playing non-league football last season. We may have to pay over the odds slightly because it's January and we're clearly in need, but there will be plenty of affordable options available in January who would be a significant upgrade

It was quite alarming how slow he looked for that ball over the top that Alisson saved. I just don't see Liverpool going for a stop gap in January and think they'll only sign if it's going to be a long term replacement for Matip rather than simply a better alternative to Williams

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It was quite alarming how slow he looked for that ball over the top that Alisson saved. I just don't see Liverpool going for a stop gap in January and think they'll only sign if it's going to be a long term replacement for Matip rather than simply a better alternative to Williams

I agree; I don't think they will, but I think it's the wrong decision. The thing that might change their thinking is this latest Matip injury, depending on how serious it is.

• Subscriber

Dont think the CB was the issue really it was more of us just not letting go of the fact that we were a goal up and they just sat back all game. More possession and they try to come out and we punish them but we took the game to them and in the end that was our undoing. 

49 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

looked like a foul on fabinho for the west brom goal tbh. the man used fabs shoulders to clime up higher for the ball. but VAR hates us so its expected tbh. 

I thought he looked offside.

I just don't get why Jose feels it's ok to sit on a lead like that for so long.

It felt like their philosophy this season changed the moment they let that 3-0 lead go against West Ham. Maybe it was a knock on effect from the late Newcastle goal too. They were creating chances up to then fine and looking decent going forward.

Had a few weeks where being solid paid off against City and Arsenal and now 4 games later, no wins and 2 draws lost late from winning positions. Any ground they made up they have pissed away really.

I would hate to play in that team if I was a creative player.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

If Everton hadn’t been so abysmal over the last two games you’d say it’s their weekend.

People would be singing from the rooftops about us if our manager had spent all of December crying about the fact that we've had the least rest between games of any side, had to face 4 of last year's top 8 in that run plus a midweek cup game against Man Utd all with Digne, Coleman, Allan, Richarlison and Rodriguez missing some or all of those games.

Yesterday was massive because winning games where you don't play well and the festive period is getting on top of you is the difference between finishing 7th like normal Everton and actually doing something better. We proved earlier in the season that we can outscore teams, we've proved more recently that we can grind out results as well. You're never going to see vintage Everton with Digne, Richarlison and Rodriguez all out injured and Calvert-Lewin running on empty because the only option to give him a rest is to play Tosun.

It's been our weekend and entire festive period so far. A shame about the Cup game against Man Utd and we'll probably lose to City tomorrow but I'm not having any negativity when we're sat 2nd on merit after 15 games, 3 points off the league leaders with more than our fair share of injuries to key players so far too.

20 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

People would be singing from the rooftops about us if our manager had spent all of December crying about the fact that we've had the least rest between games of any side, had to face 4 of last year's top 8 in that run plus a midweek cup game against Man Utd all with Digne, Coleman, Allan, Richarlison and Rodriguez missing some or all of those games.

Yesterday was massive because winning games where you don't play well and the festive period is getting on top of you is the difference between finishing 7th like normal Everton and actually doing something better. We proved earlier in the season that we can outscore teams, we've proved more recently that we can grind out results as well. You're never going to see vintage Everton with Digne, Richarlison and Rodriguez all out injured and Calvert-Lewin running on empty because the only option to give him a rest is to play Tosun.

It's been our weekend and entire festive period so far. A shame about the Cup game against Man Utd and we'll probably lose to City tomorrow but I'm not having any negativity when we're sat 2nd on merit after 15 games, 3 points off the league leaders with more than our fair share of injuries to key players so far too.

sounds like you think everton can do something this season xD

Archived