talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

Don't believe that for a second, with Messi suddenly available I think City will put the £100m+ they would have spent on Harry into bringing Leo to the Etihad.

Kane will stay, against his wishes so needs to save face.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Don't believe that for a second, with Messi suddenly available I think City will put the £100m+ they would have spent on Harry into bringing Leo to the Etihad.

Kane will stay, against his wishes so needs to save face.

Given what many of the trusted Citeh journos have said about their chances of signing Messi after this Grealish transfer... I don't believe they're still in for Kane - seems like it was either him or Grealish and they went ahead with Grealish. I think Messi's on his way to Paris and Kane was out of luck with his hopes for a City move this summer once the Grealish transfer went through.

I think Kane's got at least another season at Spurs. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts to this - he's still chasing the premier league all time scorer record & he's still got 3 years left on his contract... so I don't know if he can afford a season of pissing around being unprofessional trying to force a move away to a contender ASAP.

I think there's not much he can do at this point other than buy into Nuno's vision for the club for at least a year. Because I doubt any club signs him in January - he'd probably be even more expensive than he is now (if he doesn't down tools)... but I also think downing tools might risk his chances of moving to a truly top club like he wants.

On 07/08/2021 at 22:44, Happy Blue said:

Apparently Levy has agreed on 120million plus add on's  

"Tottenham would consider a #ManCity offer of £120M for Harry Kane - if

commit to at least another £20M in add-ons based on winning the #UCL and #PL, "

"Would consider" is a great way for these lazy journalists to print whatever they want.

"Reportedly" is still the king though.

On 04/08/2021 at 02:49, Batard said:

If you are a rich club built by decades of success, run a certain way, with traditional values and another club all of a sudden gets a turbo boost and accelerates its growth, that’s going to be annoying. But you’re also part of the problem you complain about. The Champions League was created to increase, well money, and competition. And then when UEFA saw what was happening decided to impose silly FFP rules that didn’t truly focus on what was important, the clubs being able to survive, but financial FairPlay.

It’s silly because football is a business, we have solvency II in the UK that asks companies to focus on being able to survive when times are hard so people don’t lose their jobs when the bad times hit but even then, business have the discretion to grow and speculate to accumulate. Football clubs are businesses. They’re global brands. The bigger clubs no longer serve just a local community, in fact you could argue they actively spend time trying to be part of much bigger communities in a bid to corner a market.

Being annoyed about a club receiving money to buy new players where previously they couldn’t, or a club being brought into existence to compete in the Champions League is like being annoyed if people are eating food in an incorrect order at a buffet. Or someone spending money on booze instead of food. We don’t all have the same perceptions when it comes to risk vs reward.

If you feel a club being able to buy players it previously couldn’t is unfair and goes against the grain, it’s not. It’s business. 

Words of truth and insight right here. The double-think of football fans is a little much at times. 30mil isn't 30mil when it's reinvestment from selling a player but it's buying the league when it is investment from an owner, but only some owners because when Leeds and Leicester are owned by billionaires it's clever management?

Spending is spending regardless of the source of money. The ethical dick measuring contest of 'but we earned it' is tiring.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Jesus might have lost his number 9 from training pictures today, the players have little numbers on training kit. Could also mean his kit wasn't ready (which is unlikely) but can't read too much into it

Does he know when he last had it? Might help him find it.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

I agree, it's reaching :4_joy: but still strange  ..i think he will sign for us next week tbh

Ball is completely in your court. But you have to pay the money. It’s £150m+ or we won’t sell. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Batard said:

I think this is going to go right down to the wire, classic Levy brinksmanship. I wouldn't be surprised if the fee is lower and someone like Laporte is thrown in. 

Not sure why Laporte would want to join us. 

I don’t think the fee will be lower. Think Levy is quite clear. They pay what we want or doesn’t go. If they reach it then it can happen 

13 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not sure why Laporte would want to join us. 

I don’t think the fee will be lower. Think Levy is quite clear. They pay what we want or doesn’t go. If they reach it then it can happen 

Talk tonight of 100million plus Jesus, the kids got potential  ..if not 120m with add on's is what id gamble on 

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hopefully Pep and Messi are cursed so they can only win the CL together.

Then just because Messi is the greatest ever, hopefully we get Pep to PSG in a year.

I don't see Pep ever leaving City tbh, every other league is a massive step down for him at the moment

Archived