Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I didn't expect Kane to leave, but he seems pretty serious on going now.

He does. His brother is trying everything he can now. Surprised he’s done this though cause you’ll notice you haven’t heard a word from Kane directly on specifically wanting to leave as he didn’t want to spur the relationship with the fans, but they’ve turned on him today. 

If City want him they have to pay. Unless they get to an exorbitant number I still don’t think he will leave. Either way though this is less than ideal 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Storts said:

. Surprised he’s done this though cause you’ll notice you haven’t heard a word from Kane directly on specifically wanting to leave as he didn’t want to spur the relationship with the fans,

Very rarely do from players to be fair. It's usually agent doing the talking.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

He's no Neymar, feel like Spurs would settle at around £150-£170m

No, he’s not. He’s better. Scored 20+ in the league every year where he’s played 30+ league games, his “worst” return has been injury hampered seasons where he’s scored 24 and has scored 30+ in 4 of 7 seasons since being a regular at Spurs. That’s before you even get into the gritty side of data. 

Even £150m without clauses isn’t enough. 

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

No, he’s not. He’s better. Scored 20+ in the league every year where he’s played 30+ league games, his “worst” return has been injury hampered seasons where he’s scored 24 and has scored 30+ in 4 of 7 seasons since being a regular at Spurs. That’s before you even get into the gritty side of data. 

Even £150m without clauses isn’t enough. 

Neymar hit 39 and 31 goals in two separate seasons at Barce, has been Brazil's biggest player since he was about 20, outside of Messi and Ronaldo was the biggest player in the world. If Levy gets £200m for Kane then fair play, but City should be using how much Neymar cost to bargain Kane's price down because he is not as good a player or big a player as Neymar was then.

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Neymar hit 39 and 31 goals in two separate seasons at Barce, has been Brazil's biggest player since he was about 20, outside of Messi and Ronaldo was the biggest player in the world. If Levy gets £200m for Kane then fair play, but City should be using how much Neymar cost to bargain Kane's price down because he is not as good a player or big a player as Neymar was then.

Kane’s a far better player, his profile might not be that of Neymar’s and that overinflated the deal as a result, in the same way seven consecutive seasons of 24 goal minimum returns from Kane should inflate the deal for Tottenham’s cause. Neymar had two years at Barca. 

Neymar’s deal was, what, four or five years ago now so it’s hard to gauge a deal off a market that’s changed in that period. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I wouldn't pay a fucking penny more than 100 mil. A 28 year old with sand for knees? 

What’s wrong with his knees?

Ankles maybe…

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

You’ve got to get £200m as an absolutely minimum initial payment for Kane, surely? 

I think we’d sell for 150+ but City won’t reach it 

City will get both before the window shuts, I'd expect them to pay 100 million up front for both players and then additional fees for Kane.

We're certainly not going to find out the final fee but I wouldn't be surprised if its 150 million for Kane.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Surprised Kane is trying to force a move. with Haaland being available in the summer for 68 million he must see this as his only shot at joining us 

Think he does yeah. 28 is a much more appealing age than 29 also. Definitely feels like this is the summer he needs that big move

On 17/05/2021 at 19:53, Storts said:

The latter absolutely true. If he truly wanted it to happen he would have to be so out there  with it trying to force it which can you really see Kane doing cause I can’t. I’m sure he would like to leave, I wouldn’t blame him. Just can’t see it for a variety of reasons. More likely to sign a new deal imo.

I wanted to laugh but I just got sad remembering van Persie trying to force a move when I thought he was just waiting for the season to finish to sign a new contract. :61_sob: You still having hope even after it emerged that Kane wanted to leave makes it more upsetting.

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Signing a 6 or 7 year deal, and then going on strike, is not a series of actions which suggests very good career planning.

This is what happens you appoint your moron brother as your agent and not someone that actually knows what they’re doing 

I'm not surprised in the slightest, Levy won't let him go so he obviously feels this is enough a statement to force the issue.

Spurs need to cash in and rebuild, we had it with Ronaldo. I'm certain Sir Alex would have loved to made a stand and refuse to sell him to Madrid but there comes a point where human aspect comes into play.

Ronaldo had his dream club, Kane wants to win trophies, Levy should set the bar and say hit that figure and he's your man but we want a minimum of 100 million up front and structured payments on the rest.

The next stage is the investment stage, don't blow it like you did the Bale money.

3 hours ago, Storts said:

Think he does yeah. 28 is a much more appealing age than 29 also. Definitely feels like this is the summer he needs that big move

Can you see Levy letting him go? ..i think what we would offer would be between 100-120m with add on's ..Grealish will be 70million upfront with add on's so we don't have a lot of wiggle room this summer money wise

• The title was changed to Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

Archived