The better place to talk football.

People You Once Used to Respect

football forum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/05/2021 at 22:54, Lucas said:

Lance Armstrong.

An inspiration to many before he pissed it all away.

Same with Wasim Akram & Waqar for me and many cricket followers here. 

In terms of pure skills with the ball and pace; probably at the top but more you dive into the politics of it all and how detrimental it was for the team for years to come. Sad

Depending on which side you look into more one looks more of a villain than the other. 

3 hours ago, McAzeem said:

Same with Wasim Akram & Waqar for me and many cricket followers here. 

In terms of pure skills with the ball and pace; probably at the top but more you dive into the politics of it all and how detrimental it was for the team for years to come. Sad

Depending on which side you look into more one looks more of a villain than the other. 

Yeah, shame they fell out really.

Those two were at the very top of best bowling partnerships in the 90's for Pakistan, and if it wasn't them doing damage, it was Mushi. Devastating.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be Pakistan without in house problems though would it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Jordan Peterson till he started arse licking Israel and turned into another Zionist puppet.

Don’t worry, every time he says ‘cultural Marxism’ just remember that it is an antisemitic Nazi concept. It balances out.

24 minutes ago, Spike said:

Don’t worry, every time he says ‘cultural Marxism’ just remember that it is an antisemitic Nazi concept. It balances out.

☝️ upvote.

6 hours ago, MUFC said:

Jordan Peterson till he started arse licking Israel and turned into another Zionist puppet.

He's an absolute dickhead even before all that, but you can't really be surprised by that. He's said he doesn't believe in God but then has gone on to be one of those people pushing "Judeo-Christian principles" as a way of trying to cling to Abrahamic religious principles while also getting to shit on Muslims despite them having largely many of the same principles.

He's just a hateful pseudo-intellectual that comes up with bullshit that is vague enough that it can resonate with a lot of people in order to funnel them towards his specifically hateful rhetoric.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's an absolute dickhead even before all that, but you can't really be surprised by that. He's said he doesn't believe in God but then has gone on to be one of those people pushing "Judeo-Christian principles" as a way of trying to cling to Abrahamic religious principles while also getting to shit on Muslims despite them having largely many of the same principles.

He's just a hateful pseudo-intellectual that comes up with bullshit that is vague enough that it can resonate with a lot of people in order to funnel them towards his specifically hateful rhetoric.

☝️ upvote.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

A pseudo, he is not. You’re right to be critical of Peterson but when I get home I’ll give you my insight on the dude and it’s much worse than ‘hateful pseud’

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

A pseudo, he is not. You’re right to be critical of Peterson but when I get home I’ll give you my insight on the dude and it’s much worse than ‘hateful pseud’

I think he's a textbook case of being a pseudo-intellectual. Maybe there was a time in his life he was a legitimately good psychologist - but his rise to prominence is just playing logic games to make it sound like what he's saying is insightful and intelligent. But it's just playing word games to push his own weird worldview on people. He's a hateful little weirdo.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think he's a textbook case of being a pseudo-intellectual. Maybe there was a time in his life he was a legitimately good psychologist - but his rise to prominence is just playing logic games to make it sound like what he's saying is insightful and intelligent. But it's just playing word games to push his own weird worldview on people. He's a hateful little weirdo.

I was just going to say he is out of element. He isn’t wrong on a lot of psychology and self help, he obviously understands it to a great degree. He is just a fucking Maggie Smith when it comes to society, culture, and politics.

He is a crypto-fascist that entered an arena he isn’t prepared for.

maybe he is a pseudo, I just think of LARPers when it comes to that word and he is pretty convicted. I think it’s just us having a split idea on that word.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

He is a pseud, I was just hyper focusing on a particular type of pseud. Fuck him. Comment rescinded. Fuck Ben Shapiro too.

Out of curiosity, what type of pseud were you talking about. Agree with the fuck Ben Shapiro comment as well. That guy is such an insufferable twat I can't even understand how he has any fans at all.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Out of curiosity, what type of pseud were you talking about. Agree with the fuck Ben Shapiro comment as well. That guy is such an insufferable twat I can't even understand how he has any fans at all.

The sort of people that use intellectual thought as an aesthetic as opposed to being convicted in their beliefs. Those sort redditors that have a Lenin display picture because they think it looks neat but then they go out and vote for Neo-Liberals. 

Peterson is an idiot, and he is wrong on a lot of things but he does believe them, giving his thoughts a degree of integrity, I suppose. He isn’t just lip service. Though I do know he has no idea what cultural Marxism actually is, but when he talks about it, he believes his own words.

• Subscriber

Our owner. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, mainly due to who he is really, but I suppose all the last year has really done is reinforce my long standing belief that you can't really tell how good somebody is / was until years down the line.

41 minutes ago, Dan said:

Our owner. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, mainly due to who he is really, but I suppose all the last year has really done is reinforce my long standing belief that you can't really tell how good somebody is / was until years down the line.

A billionaire family from an impoverished country, mate. That is just the territory 

Anyone on mainstream media platforms,  most are there just for the shut up and do what we tell you for a nice pay cheque people.   One case would be Alan Shearer who ran the narrative on Ashley but refused to say anything about Steve Bruce because he is friends with the cabbage. 

Archived