talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

People You Once Used to Respect

football forum

Pretty simple really, I will get the ball rolling with two of mine. 

Ryan Giggs - Obvious reasons really, club hero turned egotistical pompous rat. Added to that potential domestic abuser as well. Some fall from grace. 

Tom Cruise - No denying whether you liked his films or not he was as high profile as they come, he then meets a young pretty actress from Dawsons Creek and you think this guys got everything. It's then that it starts getting reported he's like a top figure in a world wide cult and he eventually loses his wife and child due to it. Then to top it off someone records him abusing production cast members and fellow actors. Basically just a turd of a human being. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

If this was the Covid rant, he was spot on to be fair.

To be fair I heard only a few minutes of it and he, just sounded like a bully. Maybe if I heard the full recording I'd have a different opinion. 

Still a bit of weirdo to be fair. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Karate Kid, after winning the competition it got to his head.

Have you watched the sequel series? He opened a car dealership and became a proper corporate cunt :4_joy:

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Have you watched the sequel series? He opened a car dealership and became a proper corporate cunt :4_joy:

There was a worldwide recession and maybe cars was a way of still making money.

17 hours ago, Devil said:

To be fair I heard only a few minutes of it and he, just sounded like a bully. Maybe if I heard the full recording I'd have a different opinion. 

Still a bit of weirdo to be fair. 

I thought the whole thing was a PR stunt tbh. He's blasting anyone who's putting the jobs of the whole film crew at risk by not being COVID safe.

To some extent you've got to separate a person's work from their personal life. You can like what they've done professionally without condoning anything they might have done outside of that. 

For example, I think Alan Partridge is the greatest comedy character of all time, and believe the actor who plays him (Steve Coogan) is one of the greatest comedy geniuses Britain has produced. However, Coogan also furloughed his staff during the pandemic, despite himself being worth millions. Reprehensible behaviour, but does that stop me enjoying his comedy work? Absolutely not, in fact I even brought tickets for his show at the 02 next year. 

Archived