• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

N'Golo Kanté Appreciation

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I miss him :(

Feels like we had him for longer than a season. 

I'm glad he seems to be back playing to his best though. Injuries seemed to take hold off him but seeing him perform on the biggest stage consistently was enjoyable. 

He makes the game look so easy, when in fact what he is in a team to do is very difficult. To make it look like a team has 12 players on the pitch because you cover so much ground and are so efficient and precise at what you do is pretty special. He is a phenomenon and you don't get players like him come around so often. 

I think it was Makelele who said it recently that the position or role needs to be renamed. It's not the Makelele role any more, it's the Kante role. 

I'm so happy for him. He's so humble and calm off the pitch too. Literally no frills or distractions with him. Just a happy guy enjoying his footballing life. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

I miss him :(

Feels like we had him for longer than a season. 

I'm glad he seems to be back playing to his best though. Injuries seemed to take hold off him but seeing him perform on the biggest stage consistently was enjoyable. 

He makes the game look so easy, when in fact what he is in a team to do is very difficult. To make it look like a team has 12 players on the pitch because you cover so much ground and are so efficient and precise at what you do is pretty special. He is a phenomenon and you don't get players like him come around so often. 

I think it was Makelele who said it recently that the position or role needs to be renamed. It's not the Makelele role any more, it's the Kante role. 

I'm so happy for him. He's so humble and calm off the pitch too. Literally no frills or distractions with him. Just a happy guy enjoying his footballing life. 

Easily one of the stupidest things Makelele has ever said because they are so different in style. Kante is far more dynamic and box to box than Makelele ever was.

"I called [N'Golo] Kanté for my birthday, it was a small party," Felipe Saad told Brazilian outlet Uol Sport.

"Suddenly, he arrived at the restaurant with a box of chocolates, all ashamed.

"He apologised for the gift and said he didn't know what to get because he had never been invited to a birthday party before."

<3

15 hours ago, Stan said:

Both are entirely different roles. Makelele is a holding midfielder who sits in front of the defence whereas Kante is an aggressor box to box midfielder. Both incredibly unique in their own way. 

Having both in the same team wouldn't be fair. xD

6 hours ago, 6666 said:

Hasn't really been great recently pre-Tuchel but that's more to do with how he was being used rather than him. Sarri and Lampard wasted him.

Sarri used him the same. He was just having injured and out of form.

7 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Shout-out to all those who supported Sarri's decision to play him futher forward!  :ay:

You mean exactly how Tuchel is using him?

Archived