talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group C) Austria 3-1 North Macedonia - Sunday 13th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game was the perfect example of why this extension is an absolute farce. A country that qualified through a ridiculous back route that are clearly not good enough lost to a flat team that'll now probably make the knockout stages without having to move beyond second gear.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is football not popular in Austria? The team seems to be made up mostly of first gen Austrians

I think it's just the reflection of the society. Officially, almost 25% of Austria's population have migrant background, and that's counting only those who were either born abroad or both their parents were. The percentage would be even higher if it included only those with one "migrant" parent. In this current national team, I counted 4 with both "migrant" parents and 3 with one "migrant" parent - so 7 in total, approx. 30% of the squad. Pretty close.

Alaba stopping Arnautovic from being a silly cunt. 

sipcjlqohz58dtvdpvgw.webp

Alaba really impressed me yesterday. Looked like a real captain. Constantly talking and motivating his teammates, good body language and taking responsibility when he had to. 

If Austria can get Arnautovic controlling games like I've seen him do in England then they can be a difficult team to deal with. 

He's an enigma of a footballer, could have had a far better career than he has had in my opinion. Capable of genuine moments of genius but totally flawed by a bad attitude. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Devil said:

What an idiot, UEFA will look into this now surely. 

Surely not. He's been accused of making "racist" remarks by some media, so he made a public statement to clear it up. There was plenty of trash talk between him and some North Macedonian players (Alioski, reportedly) during the match (which is frankly not surprising, given their backgrounds), hence Arnautovic's outburst after he scored. Nobody had any complaints after the match though, the players involved talked it over, and it had all been blown out of proportion by the holier-than-thou keyboard warriors on social media, as usual... Some dickheads even claimed he was showing a "white power" gesture xD

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Surely not. He's been accused of making "racist" remarks by some media, so he made a public statement to clear it up. There was plenty of trash talk between him and some North Macedonian players (Alioski, reportedly) during the match (which is frankly not surprising, given their backgrounds), hence Arnautovic's outburst after he scored. Nobody had any complaints after the match though, the players involved talked it over, and it had all been blown out of proportion by the holier-than-thou keyboard warriors on social media, as usual... Some dickheads even claimed he was showing a "white power" gesture xD

Look at the FA with Cavani this season. 

Sometimes they make an example even when they know something has been taken out of context. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Devil said:

Sometimes they make an example even when they know something has been taken out of context. 

UEFA said there are no disciplinary proceedings against anyone, so I think he'll be fine. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Correction. He's OUR dick xD

Absolute madman.

Yeah, I figured he's one of those crazy types that you love when they play for you, but hate when they play for another team xD

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, I figured he's one of those crazy types that you love when they play for you, but hate when they play for another team xD

Spot on. He's a fucking nuisance if truth be told. xD 

Makes you feel like that parent who says to their kid, 'Don't do that' and he stares at you and does it.

But, there are times you can't help but love him. He'll always give his best.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Devil said:

If Austria can get Arnautovic controlling games like I've seen him do in England then they can be a difficult team to deal with. 

He's an enigma of a footballer, could have had a far better career than he has had in my opinion. Capable of genuine moments of genius but totally flawed by a bad attitude. 

I've never seen a player wish he was another player as much as Arnauotivic does Zlatan.

I've always really rated Arnautovic but enigma is the word. Loose cannon. He's got all the tools though.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I've never seen a player wish he was another player as much as Arnauotivic does Zlatan.

I've always really rated Arnautovic but enigma is the word. Loose cannon. He's got all the tools though.

Yep, he's got that tall, strong but extremely skillful thing going on and he's capable of the absolute outrageous goals. 

Managers have been scared to death to touch him though because he's a maniac. 

• Administrator
20 hours ago, Devil said:

20 hours ago, nudge said:

UEFA said there are no disciplinary proceedings against anyone, so I think he'll be fine. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah, read last night that North Macedonian FA wrote to UEFA asking for the "harshest punishment", so they have to investigate. 

Still think nothing will come out of it. 

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

He shouted to the players of North Macedonia in Serbian that he is fucking their Albanian mother.

Nice lad, parents must be really proud of him.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived