talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021

football forum

This will be even. Denmark, despite not being one of the top teams, are always very difficult to beat.

But with England's momentum and with it being played at Wembley, can't see anything but an English win.

2-1

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Foden is England's best player by a mile, glad he's been rested for this, he's going to win it for us! :England:

No way back in for Foden for me now mate, not during this tournament. 

Don't think he did nowhere near enough in the first two matches and I think Saka and Sancho have jumped the queue for the right hand side. 

Other than the right and I don't expect any changes from here on in, that position is a toss up between Saka and Sancho. 

It seems such a great opportunity, although there's no doubt that Denmark will be a cut above Ukraine. Also, from what I've seen I think this Denmark team are better than the Croatia side we faced in the 2018 WC semi. 

Prediction: 2-2 and me hiding in the toilet with my hands over my face whilst the shootout goes on. 

3 hours ago, Devil said:

No way back in for Foden for me now mate, not during this tournament. 

Don't think he did nowhere near enough in the first two matches and I think Saka and Sancho have jumped the queue for the right hand side. 

Other than the right and I don't expect any changes from here on in, that position is a toss up between Saka and Sancho. 

Same could be said of Kane but look at him now. would be silly not play our most creative player and proven goal scorer, England is a weaker team without him

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Same could be said of Kane but look at him now. would be silly not play our most creative player and proven goal scorer, England is a weaker team without him

I don't think we are mate, he's a brilliant player but so are the other attacking players. 

I thought he looked a little bit lost in the first two games, maybe it's the system England play. He excels under Pep's system but England play a completely different way.

37 minutes ago, Devil said:

I don't think we are mate, he's a brilliant player but so are the other attacking players. 

I thought he looked a little bit lost in the first two games, maybe it's the system England play. He excels under Pep's system but England play a completely different way.

For me it's just crazy to leave the best player at the world cup out the team that should be built around him, it's like Spain leaving Iniesta out the team, madness!!

Foden.jpg

Just now, Happy Blue said:

For me it's just crazy to leave the best player at the world cup out the team that should be built around him, it's like Spain leaving Iniesta out the team, madness!!

Foden.jpg

Mate he's still a kid, he's got plenty of Championships ahead of him and he's been brought in slowly. He's a great no doubt about that, but you've got to give it to Southgate, he's winning regardless. 

Foden isn't even in contention to start again at these Euro's in my opinion.

• Administrator

Pre-tournament I was thinking he was a shoe-in to start. With how the team is performing, he's only going to be coming in off the bench. He'll have plenty of chances to strut his stuff at future tournaments.

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

Mate he's still a kid, he's got plenty of Championships ahead of him and he's been brought in slowly. He's a great no doubt about that, but you've got to give it to Southgate, he's winning regardless. 

He is young but i think he was our best player this season, even better than De Bruyne

The fact that foden, grealish Sancho etc cant get in the squad every game shows the level of attacking talent we have. We really do have massive strength in depth. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

The fact that foden, grealish Sancho etc cant get in the squad every game shows the level of attacking talent we have. We really do have massive strength in depth. 

All the other players combined are not as good as Foden

20 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

All the other players combined are not as good as Foden

Foden is brilliant. But he hasn't done enough to get himself in the England squad at the moment. 

6 hours ago, Devil said:

In addition, its a nice card to be played if needing of something extra offensively 

Never been a big Southgate fan but he has done very well so far, especially in the knockout rounds. I did think pre-tournament our back 5/7 was going to be very solid and it has been more than that! Especially since Maguire has returned. I think everyone knows United overpaid by £20-30m, but I do think he is right up there with the best in the league right now. He impresses me every time I see him play recently, also credit has to go to Pickford. Not a fan of him either but he seems to have calmed down a lot, always thought he was far too emotional and shouty to be a top keeper. Not sure if he'll ever be elite but he should have a very solid Premier league and international career if he keeps up his current form. 

It'll be interesting to see if Southgate matches Denmark's 3 back like he did against Germany or continues with the team that dominated Ukraine. I'd like to see him go with the team that beat Ukraine, although I'd probably have Grealish or Saka in over Sancho. 

No way can you drop Sancho after the game he had on Saturday. I’d like to see Grealish in the starting 11 but let’s be real, that’s not going to happen this tournament. Sterling has had some great moments and the goals are massive, but I find myself being so frustrated watching him when he fucks up simple things. 

• The title was changed to (SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived