talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grealish getting ready to come on by the looks of things. Southgate needs to make his changes now. He's got class and fresh legs on the bench, he might as well utilise the quality he has on the bench.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Poulsen on for Damsgaard, I am a bit surprised that Damsgaard has gone off, but I am not surprised that the hard working Poulsen has come on.

Other than that good chance Damsgaard had... but was offside... he's not really done a lot - can see why they'd put Poulsen on in the circumstances. He can be tough to play against just from his sheer workrate.

Disappointed to see Saka go off - but excited to see the spark Grealish can add. A bit unfortunate for Saka though, I think he's been one of the brighter players out there for England so far.

Just now, Redcanuck said:

Will Grealish be so popular if he moves to a bigger club?

If he moves to Citeh, I think he'd probably still retain popularity. If he moved to United or Liverpool, he'd be a lot less popular than he currently is, imo.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Other than that good chance Damsgaard had... but was offside... he's not really done a lot - can see why they'd put Poulsen on in the circumstances. He can be tough to play against just from his sheer workrate.

Disappointed to see Saka go off - but excited to see the spark Grealish can add. A bit unfortunate for Saka though, I think he's been one of the brighter players out there for England so far.

Yes, regarding Poulsen, he's very hard working and just the player Denmark need in these circumstances. I thought Damsgaard did better than you're giving him credit for, he got that dangerous cross in a few minutes ago. Either way, he was probably tiring. It's great to see Grealish on, he's just the type of player off the bench who can make a difference.

Grealish coming on has almost stunted us, he doesn’t have the legs to stretch the game and he’s pushed Sterling to the right who wants to cut in. Grealish needs to do more on the ball and Sterling needs to stretch the game like Saka did

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Grealish coming on has almost stunted us, he doesn’t have the legs to stretch the game and he’s pushed Sterling to the right who wants to cut in. Grealish needs to do more on the ball and Sterling needs to stretch the game like Saka did

I think it's time to bring the fresh legs of Sancho on for Sterling.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think it's time to bring the fresh legs of Sancho on for Sterling.

I don’t know Sterlings been causing trouble now he seems to have adapted to the change

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

We cannot let this go to penalties. That piss ant club Leicester have a genius in the sticks.

Exactly what I have been thinking. We need to win this in the next 30 minutes, Southgate needs to make more changes, we've only made 1 while Denmark have made 5 a while back. If it goes to penalties, it will probably favour Denmark with Schmeichel being their keeper.

• The title was changed to (SF) England 2-1 Denmark - Wednesday 7th July, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived