talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

27 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I'm glad to hear that. Did you get over to Rottnest Island??

Na not yet, will probably do it at the end of our trip here. Just been up and down between the city, Cottsloe and Fremantle. Went to South Beach sunset markets, spent a couple of nights at Bathers Beach watching the sunset with a beer. There's an outdoor cinema on top of the multi-storey car park for the Fringe festival that's showing a load of Oscar nominated films. Watched Call Me By Your Name the other night and going back to watch Darkest Hour on Tuesday.

If you're back about at all give us a shout, absolutely depleted our budget on the last night out but fortunately I got my last pay from my old job to push funds up to liveable standards 😂

Edited by Danny
  • Upvote 1

How fucking shit is The Voice. I've not watched singing competitions since I was little but I'm in the living room and my parents are watching it and I seriously cringing, it's unbelievably irritating.

Most of the contestants are downright bad singers. Not even just in the sense of them having weak intonation or poor technique, but even just their taste and musicality. They're all trying runs and ad-libs that even if they could hit, wouldn't add to the song. It's primarily just mediocre singers with no solid foundation in music showing off and the crowd whooping and screaming whenever they sing loudly.

I'm being told that it's just because I'm really into the nitty gritty of music and that I'm overthinking it, but seriously you don't need any particular ear to hear that these people can't sing.

What the fuck is going on here? How is this shite popular?

4 hours ago, Inverted said:

How fucking shit is The Voice. I've not watched singing competitions since I was little but I'm in the living room and my parents are watching it and I seriously cringing, it's unbelievably irritating.

Most of the contestants are downright bad singers. Not even just in the sense of them having weak intonation or poor technique, but even just their taste and musicality. They're all trying runs and ad-libs that even if they could hit, wouldn't add to the song. It's primarily just mediocre singers with no solid foundation in music showing off and the crowd whooping and screaming whenever they sing loudly.

I'm being told that it's just because I'm really into the nitty gritty of music and that I'm overthinking it, but seriously you don't need any particular ear to hear that these people can't sing.

What the fuck is going on here? How is this shite popular?

You can never be too sure if Tom Jones will still be alive when his chair turns though :ph34r:

Peru's voice for the national team Daniel Peredo has died today. I spent an hour in the morning watching back at the qualifying campaign with his narration and as a journalist, I wanted to meet him and debate with him. He came so close to being my teacher too :( 

On 2/18/2018 at 20:16, Stan said:

been out with my dad and rest of the family celebrating his birthday.

love spending time with family. Can't beat it. 

True this, my friend, true this. Something you learn to realise and appreciate more as you get older.

One of my favourite things to do actually is to sit at home and relax and watch football with my family,  any game that's on. One of the things I miss most about home is that and going to the games as well, my brother etc will be at the game tonight and it's one of those moments where you wish you could just teleport home or something. There's the football of course but more the general spending time with the family as well, going out for meals etc. Class.

Anyway, not to sound like a cunt but the weather here in Seville is stunning at the moment, temperature drops massively in the mornings and at night but other than that it's beautiful.

19 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

True this, my friend, true this. Something you learn to realise and appreciate more as you get older.

One of my favourite things to do actually is to sit at home and relax and watch football with my family,  any game that's on. One of the things I miss most about home is that and going to the games as well, my brother etc will be at the game tonight and it's one of those moments where you wish you could just teleport home or something. There's the football of course but more the general spending time with the family as well, going out for meals etc. Class.

Anyway, not to sound like a cunt but the weather here in Seville is stunning at the moment, temperature drops massively in the mornings and at night but other than that it's beautiful.

Are you teaching through Uni or did you do one of those teach a foreign child English courses on the tinternet?

Looking into seeing if I could do one, you can do them and teach in Asia/South America but looking at living in Spain/south of France at some point 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

thought you weren't meant to put 'and' after commas? Shocking. 

It's called an Oxford comma, you nonce. It separates the items on the list. For instance: 'Hall and Oates, and Madonna played tonight's concert.'  That states that Hall and Oates are one item and Madonna is another. If the sentence were: 'Hall, Oates and Madonna' it would imply either two things; firstly that there are three individual acts, or that Hall performed and then Oates and Madonna performed.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's called an Oxford comma, you nonce. It separates the items on the list. For instance: 'Hall and Oates, and Madonna played tonight's concert.'  That states that Hall and Oates are one item and Madonna is another. If the sentence were: 'Hall, Oates and Madonna' it would imply either two things; firstly that there are three individual acts, or that Hall performed and then Oates and Madonna performed.

*firtsly

Has anyone regularly (once a year) switched banks for the cash bonuses? I've been with the same bank all my life, but HSBC are currently offering a £150 switch bonus and then another £50 after a year. It seems catch free (apart form having to deposit  a certain amount per month into the bank and switching two direct debits)

From what i've read it seems pretty straightforward, but if it's too much hassle then i can't be arsed. A free £200 is not to be sniffed at.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=20-Feb-18-7969&utm_campaign=nt-bestbuysbestaccounts-one&utm_content=8#hsbc

By the way I know that Martin lewis is an annoying cunt but some of his articles are semi useful. Not the ones were you get a free sausage roll from Greggs if you spend a fiver or some shit like that.

Edited by Marc

17 minutes ago, Marc said:

Has anyone regularly (once a year) switched banks for the cash bonuses? I've been with the same bank all my life, but HSBC are currently offering a £150 switch bonus and then another £50 after a year. It seems catch free (apart form having to deposit  a certain amount per month into the bank and switching two direct debits)

From what i've read it seems pretty straightforward, but if it's too much hassle then i can't be arsed. A free £200 is not to be sniffed at.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=20-Feb-18-7969&utm_campaign=nt-bestbuysbestaccounts-one&utm_content=8#hsbc

By the way I know that Martin lewis is an annoying cunt but some of his articles are semi useful. Not the ones were you get a free sausage roll from Greggs if you spend a fiver or some shit like that.

Not personally but my eldest son does it all the time... 

So since we didn't have health insurance for a bit and the insurance companies are fucking us royally we will probably be fined in the range of $3000. My wife thought she'd just hyphenate her last name with mine, I didn't really care at the time but it is coming back to haunt us as most websites won't accept characters outside of letters ergo making it impossible to verify identity.

Fuck you Obama and you're bullshit fucking catch at the end of the ACA. Yeah, just fine the people that can't afford health insurance, fucking cocksucker.