talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Well thank you for reassuring my dual citizenship status. I was getting worried. 

Glad I could be a help, now if we could next work through your pent up homosexual frustrations then this will be a productive day :coffee:

@nudge I've been now and after hours of waiting, one finger is pretty much snapped in half while the other isn't too bad. It's strapped up, I have a sling on and they have put me on codiene and anti-biotics, the latter due to a wound caused from the impact.

@Cicero has a point to be honest. It's a mug's game and all you are really doing is building someone else's empire. All the health and safety risks make it not worth the money(even for plumbers on a grand a week) and this is why im planning on going into site management in the near future.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

@nudge I've been now and after hours of waiting, one finger is pretty much snapped in half while the other isn't too bad. It's strapped up, I have a sling on and they have put me on codiene and anti-biotics, the latter due to a wound caused from the impact.

@Cicero has a point to be honest. It's a mug's game and all you are really doing is building someone else's empire. All the health and safety risks make it not worth the money and this is why im planning on going into site management in the near future.

Get well soon, Chris...and don't indulge in codeine too much hehe. If you struggle to get by until you can get back to work again, drop me a message, I'll at least order you a pizza or something :P 

10 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

@Cicero has a point to be honest. It's a mug's game and all you are really doing is building someone else's empire. All the health and safety risks make it not worth the money(even for plumbers on a grand a week) and this is why im planning on going into site management in the near future.

Get well soon mate. Don't have too much fun with Codiene. 

Taking that stuff was the best thing about tearing my ACL and Meniscus 

5 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've just snapped two fingers. I was using a pick axe to rip up floor boards and must have hit steel, the shock went right through my hand and literally snapped two fingers, they are bent as fuck. Problem is, what do I do now for money? I will be out of work for atleast a month and I work through agencies, which means no sick pay, as far as I know. Also if I am eligible for a claim, that will take too long to come through.

I'm supposed to have gone straight to the infirmary, but fuck that, I need a nice spliff first(if I can even roll it), luckily its the 2 middle ones, so I can just about type.

Fuck man... bet that hurt!

Hope all goes well for you mate and you are not out of action for too long... On the work front is there not something less physical the agency can sort you out with for the time being until you are sorted??? 

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Get well soon, Chris...and don't indulge in codeine too much hehe. If you struggle to get by until you can get back to work again, drop me a message, I'll at least order you a pizza or something :P 

So you won't recommend me drinking vodka with it then? :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Get well soon mate. Don't have too much fun with Codiene. 

Taking that stuff was the best thing about tearing my ACL and Meniscus 

Funnily enough, I already had some codeine as I got some off a lad I know a while ago xD

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Fuck man... bet that hurt!

Hope all goes well for you mate and you are not out of action for too long... On the work front is there not something less physical the agency can sort you out with for the time being until you are sorted??? 

You know what, the pain at the time wasn't as bad as you may think, it was more the vibrating sensation it gave, it was a strange feeling. Seeing the damage after it when pulling off my glove was worse as it knocked me sick.

The nurses were great and I couldn't have asked for more by the way. We don't give them enough credit at times.

I will miss being on that job to be honest as it was a good laugh with some top lads. We had a crew of us at dinner time in town and the laughs made the day go quicker, although I know most of them anyway as they live locally so it's not like I won't see the cunts again.

The worst is I won't be able to go fishing for a while either.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Jesus @The Rebel CRS, sounds like an eventful day there and quite a horrendous injury. Glad that you seem to be taking it well though and have had it all sorted medically. Here's to hoping the recovery goes well and you get back onto the job, I suppose that once you're better they'll let you back on the site that you was working at?

Well it was a demolition job(all inside work as the building itself was listed), so it'll be finished in a month and I had another site lined up. It paid well so I took it even though it's not the type of work I usually do. I said once upon a time that I would never work for agencies but I have done so now for a few years. It enables me to stay local, not have to travel and also if you get sick of somewhere, you can just jump on another job. They also pay well if you get in with the right ones.

I have to go back at 3 tomorrow. Hopefully I'm in and out as I can't stand those places.

P.S: Codeine and weed is such a great mix, no wonder why @Teso dos Bichos loves that combination.

The downside is it being my right hand, I will now have to use my left to wipe my arse now. Where is your bidet at @SirBalon?

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Haha 2

Fucking hell I don't know I would have reacted. Even talking about bones breaking gives me chills. I've never actually broke anything. 

I probably would have thrown-up instantly if I saw my fingers in that condition. 

Edited by Inverted

9 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Most of them I've seen when looking for jobs in France say that they prefer people with a degree, but it's not necessarily essential. Also the pay is usually around €18 an hour...d'you think a new teacher would start on that or is that for experienced teachers?

With the knowledge I have, I would say the majority of new teachers would start on that in France as the standard of living is more expensive there but there'd be a more informed person to ask about France. Spain in general it's lower, one of the academies I work at pays 12:50 I think an hour, I know some who pay as low as ten but the majority will just offer a monthly wage and not necessarily pay by the hour although it will depend on the place. If you're working in company for example you'd get a minimum of 20 euros an hour.

With teaching English abroad mate a lot things are done on social media these days, specifically Facebook. If you haven't done so all ready I'd have a look on there, have a search for 'TEFL Teachers France' or 'English teachers in France' or things along those lines and join the groups and pages. You'll find lots of information there and job offers as well. Funnily enough a lot of teaching jobs going in Seville tend to be posted on Facebook these days, still seeing a lot pop up to this day and we're not even in peak hiring season.

Anymore questions don't be afraid to drop me a PM, same @Danny

Edited by carefreeluke
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've just snapped two fingers. I was using a pick axe to rip up floor boards and must have hit steel, the shock went right through my hand and literally snapped two fingers, they are bent as fuck. Problem is, what do I do now for money? I will be out of work for atleast a month and I work through agencies, which means no sick pay, as far as I know. Also if I am eligible for a claim, that will take too long to come through.

I'm supposed to have gone straight to the infirmary, but fuck that, I need a nice spliff first(if I can even roll it), luckily its the 2 middle ones, so I can just about type.

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you recover as soon as possible. I always thought you were a stripper in real life never knew you had an actual job.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Most of them I've seen when looking for jobs in France say that they prefer people with a degree, but it's not necessarily essential. Also the pay is usually around €18 an hour...d'you think a new teacher would start on that or is that for experienced teachers?

Although it sounds a good hourly wage, don't expect to do 35 hours a week. I started doing 16-20 hours a week and that's a heavy workload with planning lessons and trying to teach to somewhere near an acceptable standard.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Marc said:

Although it sounds a good hourly wage, don't expect to do 35 hours a week. I started doing 16-20 hours a week and that's a heavy workload with planning lessons and trying to teach to somewhere near an acceptable standard.

Hmm yeah, I didn't really think about how time consuming lesson planning would be. Say you're doing 5 hours of teaching one day, how long would you usually spend on lesson plans?

I have friends living in France who pay about 700 for rent, bills and food, so I think I'd get by fine working 20 hours a week on that wage. I wouldn't want teaching to become my entire life.

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Hmm yeah, I didn't really think about how time consuming lesson planning would be. Say you're doing 5 hours of teaching one day, how long would you usually spend on lesson plans?

I have friends living in France who pay about 700 for rent, bills and food, so I think I'd get by fine working 20 hours a week on that wage. I wouldn't want teaching to become my entire life.

Yeah Marc is right. I do only do 14 hours which sounds like nothing but as a teacher it's a lot more than that, you take everything home with you. I'm busy with 14 which is less than the average.

It depends on the person. Majority will teach in the afternoon / evening and hence do all their planning for those classes that day in the morning and maybe do a little bit at the weekends. I for example plan all my classes over the weekend, I don't like working under the pressure of doing everything in the mornings for the classes to come later that day. Don't get me wrong it's not a massive pressure, I can easily do it but I like to chill out a bit before I teach, I spend most of my mornings / early afternoons studying Spanish which I enjoy or doing other things to relax, then get all the planning done at the weekend. Doesn't mean I don't have a weekend, I still go out, play football, watch football etc and do anything else I want to do. Also have a three day weekend here.

Planning can be difficult at the beginning and be even more time consuming but it's something you get better and quicker at as time goes by, you get more ideas and just through constant practice you get better at. Not forgetting that you can repeat other things and ideas, some classes will be the same level or they may work from the same book etc. Often you'll have the different groups but with the same level, so it can be just a case of repeating a lesson plan.

Edited by carefreeluke

38 minutes ago, Toinho said:

14 hours a week of lessons... I actually had that amount for a whole year at my international school once. Felt like I was stealing a living 😂 Gave me great time to prep. 

How do you guys feel about your evening work? 

My sister spent years at uni getting her teaching qualifications, went and taught at an international school in Italy, and envied the TAs who had no qualifications, did a fraction of the work she did, and got paid almost as much as her. She only lasted 6 months at this school. xD It was horrible. She wanted to be a good teacher, wanted the kids to enjoy their lessons, but the headteacher forced her to just write stuff on the board and get the kids to copy.

The other teachers told her...you get used to it, just accept the horrible reality of teaching and enjoy your weekend trips to Italian cities.

Now she's looking into teaching in countries with better education systems like Norway.

Edited by ...Dan

On 22/2/2018 at 11:08, The Rebel CRS said:

Fuck, get well soon bro. Hope you make a full recover. ;)