talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

The last month has been shit at work, staying late hours because our company is being bought. Working on the weekends and taking work home.

On the plus side the footy has been excellent :(

That’s been your January mate?

10 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Yeah it was a pretty poor start to a year work wise, also it will continue at least to mid year. On the plus hoping to buy a car in the next month and maybe even get married.

January is usually the time where most things wind down in the majority of businesses and that’s why I was surprised at your comment although the takeover which you mentioned can sometimes cause chaos and create a lack of organisation that brings on anxiety in the employees.

As for the car bit and getting married... Well done mate and hope it all goes great for you. ;)

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

January is usually the time where most things wind down in the majority of businesses and that’s why I was surprised at your comment although the takeover which you mentioned can sometimes cause chaos and create a lack of organisation that brings on anxiety in the employees.

As for the car bit and getting married... Well done mate and hope it all goes great for you. ;)

Cheers babes :x

• Like 1

12 hours ago, True Blue said:

The last month has been shit at work, staying late hours because our company is being bought. Working on the weekends and taking work home.

On the plus side the footy has been excellent :(

That sucks mate, hope it all quietens down.

And about the marriage and car, i hope you find a nice goat to sacrifice and a nice charcoal-fuelled car. ;)

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2018 at 07:28, SirBalon said:

That’s not all that expensive for an imported beer is it?

Not really, pretty average.

BY the way on the subject of Inigo Martinez. How common is Basque spoken in Navarre? I know historically the Kingdom of Navarre was a Basque state but that was a very long time ago. Does the language also have influence in Cantabria?

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not really, pretty average.

BY the way on the subject of Inigo Martinez. How common is Basque spoken in Navarre? I know historically the Kingdom of Navarre was a Basque state but that was a very long time ago. Does the language also have influence in Cantabria?

It’s spoken but Castilian is the predominant language by a massive margin but then again it’s the same in the Basque region. Very few people speak Basque although they all understand it (the Basque region) and most know how to speak it although hardly any do.  In Navarre it’s a minority that understand it.

These are curious factors because I’ll give you another...

Regional television is big in Spain and watched as much as the national channels.  But something strange happens for example in Galicia 100% of TVGalicia is spoken in Galician while on ETB (the Basque tv channel) hardly any Basque is used and very few programs use it... Mainly the late night movie which hardly anybody watches because the national channels have the better programmes on at that time.  TV3 (Catalan tv) is probably 75% in Catalan but the prime time programmes are all in Catalan but they do have Spanish presenters on some and will mix the language on a programme.  So there we see something visible!

Basque is mainly spoken in the very small towns and villages of the mountains and for example in Catalonia everywhere other than Barcelona Catalan is the predominant language spoken which on the one where the city of Barcelona is concerned is very much due to the fact there’s a lot of immigration there.  In Galicia you’ll find almost all young people speak Galician even in the major cities while middle aged people will speak Castilian and the older generation Galician.  Again in rural areas including the mountains it’s 100% Galician and very few even understand Castilian.

About to leave Sydney for good...or at least until next time. So disappointed but excited to travel again, onto Perth next and then finally through South Australia and then Melbourne to end my Aussie adventure. Starting a new one in New Zealand in March, but still wish I could stay here longer. One of the best cities on the planet.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Toinho said:

That's where my football club is :(

Dodgy as fuck area to be fair, but there are some nice parts.

Let's arrange a meeting Friday night or something. 

Ha yeah wasn't sure if you were from there or not. Yeah mate free as a bird other than any work I find during the day this week.

Wheres best to go out in Perth?

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

Ha yeah wasn't sure if you were from there or not. Yeah mate free as a bird other than any work I find during the day this week.

Wheres best to go out in Perth?

I'm from Rockingham. Nice beaches. But it's the cashed up bogans that mess it up, it's basically little Britain too. Insane. Like Joondalup.

ah I can leave straight from work in the countryside (2hr drive) and come meet you anywhere man. I'd suggest some drinks in the actual city but where you staying? You've probably realized our public transport system is absolutely terrible. 

Edited by Toinho

28 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I'm from Rockingham. Nice beaches. But it's the cashed up bogans that mess it up, it's basically little Britain too. Insane. Like Joondalup.

ah I can leave straight from work in the countryside (2hr drive) and come meet you anywhere man. I'd suggest some drinks in the actual city but where you staying? You've probably realized our public transport system is absolutely terrible. 

I'm avoiding the bus for now haha. Yeah the transports pretty bad for a capital city but that's not effected me yet. I can see why people say to drive.

I'm staying in Northbridge at the moment, got a week booked at a hostel. Pretty decent one actually which makes life good. Seen some decent looking bars around Northbridge and they've got a Fringe festival on nearby.

Went down Cottesloe Beach earlier, water was still warm at about 6pm, mental. One thing about Sydney is the beaches are generally broken up by cliffs but here it's all open, not felt the wind whip sand against me leg in a while ha

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm avoiding the bus for now haha. Yeah the transports pretty bad for a capital city but that's not effected me yet. I can see why people say to drive.

I'm staying in Northbridge at the moment, got a week booked at a hostel. Pretty decent one actually which makes life good. Seen some decent looking bars around Northbridge and they've got a Fringe festival on nearby.

Went down Cottesloe Beach earlier, water was still warm at about 6pm, mental. One thing about Sydney is the beaches are generally broken up by cliffs but here it's all open, not felt the wind whip sand against me leg in a while ha

No better beaches in the world than Western Australia. Cottesloe is overhyped and average but still beautiful! 

I will FB message you.