talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:08, SirBalon said:

Italy also has some dodgy beaches and some beautiful ones especially in Sardinia and Sicily. But for me Spain has some incredible beaches like La Concha in San Sebastián and Las Catedrales in Lugo. The thing is that most people here in England only know the south of Spain.

Greek beaches beat all for me in Europe. Nowhere better

Been to Greece once (Thassos) and Spain twice (coastline east of Girona) and whilst I prefer Greece I definitely loved Spain.

Sydney is better for me though, Palm Beach is amazing and so are the beaches all around the harbour. Loved Fraser Island and Whitsunday Islands, Fraser being my favourite. Hoping to see some nice beaches in Perth and in South Australia.

Looking forward to this in Auckland though it'll be a bit cold by then...

Image result for waiheke island

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Toinho said:

Surely the islands though like your Phi Phi etc?

Yes Anton, nobody goes to Pattaya for beaches :ph34r: They are even dirtier than all the bars of the Walking Street.

The islands are the best for sure, but the whole Krabi area including the mainland has amazing beaches in general. 

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes Anton, nobody goes to Pattaya for beaches :ph34r: They are even dirtier than all the bars of the Walking Street.

The islands are the best for sure, but the whole Krabi area including the mainland has amazing beaches in general. 

We went for pure human biology reasons. 

I've been looking at more career options involved in football. I've been looking to become a scout as well as I love recommending players as well as having a database on them - mostly U23. One thing I've been doing recently is speaking to a few agents about recommending moves to certain players. I still don't have the power to actually go through with that, but step by step.

I won't say who I've been talking about but I want to target more commonwealth markets.

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

I've been looking at more career options involved in football. I've been looking to become a scout as well as I love recommending players as well as having a database on them - mostly U23. One thing I've been doing recently is speaking to a few agents about recommending moves to certain players. I still don't have the power to actually go through with that, but step by step.

I won't say who I've been talking about but I want to target more commonwealth markets.

Don't worry - We weren't going to ask.

I thought you were a club chairman?

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

A video for the oldies @SirBalon @Bluewolf @Batard

You see mate... This is where “the football fan” lets me down and I don’t want to go down the racial avenue on these things because it opens up a can of worms that doesn’t really offer much in terms of analysis or even anything anywhere near a conclusion. When we think of historic English players we all think about the usual suspects give or take a few names but some are automatically excluded through no fault of our own and down that road I’m not even going to go.

But I’ve spoken about Laurie Cunningham  various times since I joined the other place back in 2013.  He was a pioneer of sorts and something of an enigma through no fault of his own. But I don’t want to harp on now so I’ll just leave it at that.

30 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You see mate... This is where “the football fan” lets me down and I don’t want to go down the racial avenue on these things because it opens up a can of worms that doesn’t really offer much in terms of analysis or even anything anywhere near a conclusion. When we think of historic English players we all think about the usual suspects give or take a few names but some are automatically excluded through no fault of our own and down that road I’m not even going to go.

But I’ve spoken about Laurie Cunningham  various times since I joined the other place back in 2013.  He was a pioneer of sorts and something of an enigma through no fault of his own. But I don’t want to harp on now so I’ll just leave it at that.

It'a nice video that brings a largely forgotten player to a new generation. Even players like Fashanu are largely 'who?' responses. 

Edited by Spike

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

It'a nice video that brings a largely forgotten player to a new generation. Even players like Fashanu are largely 'who?' responses. 

No player should be forgotten and I know you wasn’t trying to attempt to compare the two, but to bypass Fashanu is one thing (unforgivable), but Laurie Cunningham?  Come on!  There are much more lauded English players than Cunningham and the only time Cunningham gets his moment of limelight is through curiousity videos or documentaries that are racially motivated due to certain eras and the culture of the time.  That’s not football!  That’s not how his name should be called up and I would prefer wonderfully illustrated videos like that didn’t have to be made because they’re educational almost if you get what I mean and where does that tell you things are?