talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

?

I am a Rangers man here in Scotland and you never get a better Derby than the Gers and the Hoops at either Ibrox or Celtic Park, Gerrard is now getting Rangers ticking over.  

You're a world class team now that you have Andy King.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

You're a world class team now that you have Andy King.

Wouldnt say we are world-class but you would say that seeing he is on loan from Leicester xD

He is certainly making the mid-field spot his own and Gerrard has the team ticking over well and I fancy us beating Celtic under Lennon, but stop the Hoops James Forrest and keep him tagged we just might do well, and Gerrard doesn't play the little we animal in Morelos who is a red card waiting especially with the Hoops Scot Brown playing who will undoubtedly tag him with niggly tackles and try and make him see red, I like Jermain Defoe since Gerrard got him on loan and Liverpool's Sheyi Ojo on loan too.  

The humidity tonight in the south east is literally like Spain, even the air smells the same. We are around a lake too. The first time I ever went to Spain was 95 as a kid and when stepping off the plane at 2am, I'd never felt humidity like it and before that I had been on many family holidays down south as a kid. Well this is what it's like down here. Anyone who thinks global warming is a myth is an idiot. 

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The humidity tonight in the south east is literally like Spain, even the air smells the same. We are around a lake too. The first time I ever went to Spain was 95 as a kid and when stepping off the plane at 2am, I'd never felt humidity like it and before that I had been on many family holidays down south as a kid. Well this is what it's like down here. Anyone who thinks global warming is a myth is an idiot. 

This is how we've felt for the last 48 hours probably.

Very uncomfortable. Was even worse a few weeks ago when it was like 38-39 degrees.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

This is how we've felt for the last 48 hours probably.

Very uncomfortable. Was even worse a few weeks ago when it was like 38-39 degrees.

It was 32 in the day. Where we are fishing, it's completely shaded by trees where our bivvies(like a tent) are so it's lucky really. Not being able to get out of the sun when needed is a killer. 

13 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

We’ve always had bouts of humidity in the Summer (at least in London) but never this much I don’t think

12 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

These mosquitos are cunts aswell.

I say that about the humidity but it's dropped like fuck now. 

My missus gets bitten the shit out of... I never get bitten by them, don't know why, perhaps it's because I am cold blooded

The thing is the south or the UK in general, isn't built for that sort of heat and of course, there's a reason for that given what it's like most of the time, so the heat can feel more than it is. I've been back in London over the summer and doing the commute in that sort of temperature is dreadful.

The south of Spain has 2-4 months in the winter where it actually gets really cold (believe it or not) and the opposite is true where it feels colder than it actually is because all the cities and buildings are built to withstand the heat.

• Subscriber

We call them midgies, they don't bother me but the wife goes potty when she is having a wine and we have the window open because its hot and someone is cutting their lawn and a few get in the window and keep buzzing around her glass, she ends up getting a bit of kitchen roll and lays it on top of her glass on the table.

I can't stand mosquitos and flies after growing up in Aussie land, they were everywhere in the summertime and they did my head in especially when we bought a house right in the bush, we had mesh nets on all the window and a mesh front door but the wee bastards still found a way in. 

21 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I can't stand mosquitoes either, the most annoying thing is when you're asleep and you get one buzzing around your head and it suddenly wakes you up. Makes you shit yourself.

IMO, gnats are the worst. They just fly around you in great masses without ever doing anything other than pissing you off. 

• Subscriber

The worse thing that I did that made me sick as a dog was when I was working in the Country Roads Board in Victoria, Australia right in the bush area tarring roads, it was summertime and around 40c in the shade and I was what you call a lead flagman, I had a yellow coat on, skid lid (safety helmet) and a walkie talkie and a big sign that I would have to put up to stop traffic if they had started to tar a certain part of the road, you could say I looked like a School Lollypop Man nowadays.

Stood there sweating my bollocks off and I had stopped the traffic, well...I opened my mouth and yawned and a great big Australian bush fly went straight in my gob and I swallowed it, I could feel it wriggling all the way down, I went up to this fair-dinkum Aussie and said "I have just swallowed a bush fly!!" all he said with a smile and replied "Don't worry cobber, the wings and legs will stay in your guts and you will crap the rest out".

Another insect that was bad out in Australia in the bush is Bull Ants, big bastards they were and they will attack you if you disturb their nests, once I headed in the bush and dug a hole to have a crap, dropped my pants and sat down, I got up quick smart and run yelling brushing my arse with my hands, pants around my ankles... I had dug and sat on a Bull Ants nest and they were biting my arse like a beauty.   

• Subscriber

FFS, me and the wife were going to do some shopping today down that street but the weather was wet & windy so we both opted out, glad we did really.

Quote.thumb.png.176a763948b1b56cd735abdf100f0d16.png

Police appeal after men armed with sledgehammer and axes rob Leith jewellers in daytime raid

The thieves made off with a large quantity of jewellery thought to be worth a five-figure sum

0_Screen-Shot-2019-08-31-at-164718.png

Police are appealing for witnesses after three men armed with a sledgehammer and axes robbed a jewellers in Leith earlier today.

The incident happened at around 11 am today (Saturday 31 August) at a jewellery store on Great Junction Street.

Three men exited a black Volkswagen Golf armed with a sledgehammer and axes and forced their way into the premises before making off with a large quantity of jewellery, believed to be worth a five-figure sum.

A 55-year old man who was working at the time is said to have sustained minor injuries to his arm.

The three suspects and a fourth man who was driving the car  ‎made off in the getaway vehicle which was later discovered abandoned in Giles Street at around midday.

FULL REPORT

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Most of the teachers I see these days are kids... not like them horrible ex army nurse types we used to get when I was a kid.. 

Aye, the first primary school teacher I had was a Mrs Lwrence, built like a brick shithouse and when she walked the floors boards would shake and she would walk around hitting us with rulers if she caught us talking, or Mr Weymouth, also built like a brick shithouse and had 3 canes, thick, medium and thin, I have been hit many a time across my hands with them, I hated the thin one, it stung like fuck after he gave you 3 of the best on each hand.   

On 01/09/2019 at 11:23, CaaC (John) said:

Aye, the first primary school teacher I had was a Mrs Lwrence, built like a brick shithouse and when she walked the floors boards would shake and she would walk around hitting us with rulers if she caught us talking, or Mr Weymouth, also built like a brick shithouse and had 3 canes, thick, medium and thin, I have been hit many a time across my hands with them, I hated the thin one, it stung like fuck after he gave you 3 of the best on each hand.   

When I was 9/10 I was roused on in front of the class by Mrs. Maddox because my cursive Vs looked to similar to my cursive Us. Absolute beast of a teacher, effective, cranky, and no nonsense but when she was minding the local corner store the loveliest lady in the world. xD Still I was scared of her; though it didn't stop me from given the bird when I was hiding behind a book, haha children are stupid. 

• Subscriber

That's our daughter learnt her lesson, we try to watch our language in front of children, especially her son, our grandson, wee Kaiden, she was getting off the bus and it was raining heavy here in Scotland and wee Kaiden said to her in front of a load of people "It's pissing down mum...", the daughter said "You must not say that, thats a naughty word!!!!" wee Kaidens reply was "But you say that word, mummy?"

Wee Kaiden 1-0 our daughter xD

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Coffee being sold in a bag??? don't take the piss

Are people that bloody stupid... In a world where we are trying to reduce the amount of waste we produce some daft bunch of idiots think it's ok to be throwing away another empty bag 4 or 5 times a day.. 

Related image

There are loads of ways to make good coffee, but I refuse to believe this is one of them xD 

• Upvote 1